Weekly BF

Why are there so many hackers on this game?

SorangFurry
11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I recently bought the game and I liked it.
I started my gaming life with battlefield 2, Played bad company 2 and battelfield 3,4
I would say bf1 is one of the best battelfield games
However, I've seen so many hackers on asian server. (EVERY one of them were chinese. No surprise)
I've reported them but I don't think EA even would care.
Some people in the servers are always invisible, always kill anyone in one shots with pistols in long distance.
I even started to regret that I bought this game x_x

Comments

• TruSake
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah that invisible thing ruins the game for everyone. They end up getting 50-100 kills with hardly any deaths if any. All you can do is report them for cheating while in-game. What BF1 needs is vote kick option such as if 50% of players vote kick him, he’s out. Unfortunately I don’t see that happening, they’re now focusing on BFV.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    BF2 had a client side AC, which wasn't perfect but did ban cheaters. BF1 has Fairfight(as does BF V) a server based AC that uses algorithms to find cheaters.So now you have cheaters that as long as they don't overdo it can rise to the top of the scoreboard easily...If the OP bought BF1 recently, it has to be dirt cheap.
  • RRedux
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As the price drops it gets worse, since even if their account gets banned it costs them like 5 dollars to be up and running again.
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hah! Wait FREE 2 PLAY weekends :smiley:
  • pheabus2005
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    The Asian servers are infested with rampant hackers with floating machine guns that shoots 10x faster and locks onto your head, and apparenly EA/DICE are doing nothing about it.

I've been playing this series since 2005 and I can easily tell hackers from legit good players, those are 100% cheating for sure, you can either see that in-game (e.g. snipers shooting super fast like an SMG) or check on BF1stats.com (e.g. almost 100% HS kill rate).

I personally have reported a bunch of those hackers and I'm yet to see anyone got banned, always got mails from EA saying they are "investigating" but nothing happened afterwards.

*Edited for typo.
    Post edited by pheabus2005 on
  • blackbeard_teach
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    BF2 had a client side AC, which wasn't perfect but did ban cheaters. BF1 has Fairfight(as does BF V) a server based AC that uses algorithms to find cheaters.So now you have cheaters that as long as they don't overdo it can rise to the top of the scoreboard easily...If the OP bought BF1 recently, it has to be dirt cheap.

well, here is a better algorithm

if player get 12 reports OR gets abnormal high KD

send a warning to support

support guy check in

spectate and see if hacking is there

record gameplay as evidence

temp ban

send his file to ANTI-CHEAT team.

ANTI-cheat checks on it, sees any legit hacks

PERMABAN.

• Sed1Tion
    341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You have to spectate and record them for anything to be done.
    Anti-cheat system is very poor in this title.
  • Jinko_itx
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BFV has the same issue, most are subtle cheaters and then you have a few rampant cheaters, the ones that fly under the radar are the annoying ones and they ruin the game for sure, this will probably be my last Battlefield title IF DICE don't use something additional than FairFight in the near future.
  • CNOnemanarmy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand why u western people blaming we Chinese. Of course there are hackers in games but not all chinese that's **** racist bois.
  • -Antares65z
    1657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CNOnemanarmy said: 
    I don't understand why u western people blaming we Chinese. Of course there are hackers in games but not all chinese that's **** racist bois. 
    Check it out bro. If your government didn't have the Great Firewall in place to restrict free speech and filter the world news, you'd see why the Chinese get blamed for cheating. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    6876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 15
    Not to put a wrench into this hacker thing but I haven't seen one yet. I've only played on PC for 8 hours but I haven't seen any hackers. Sometimes I suspect someone has an aimbot or ESP but it's only suspicion.

I thought the hacking was more rampant. Certainly this forum makes it sound like it's an epidemic. Probably what put me off from getting a PC for so long. Thankfully atleast so far I'm not seeing the hackers.
  • OskooI_007
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 15
    Saw a cheater using the Infiltrator Sentry kit on Argonne Forest last night. He was launching artillery barrages. I usually see at least one cheater every day on PC.

edit:

Ran into another cheater wallhacking on Ballroom Blitz. So there's 2 cheaters in 48hrs. Not a lot of cheaters, but BF1 is a pretty old game. Newer games usually have a lot more cheaters in them. Especially Battle Royale games.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • Titan_Awaken
    803 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice necro on a thread that died half a year ago.

CNOnemanarmy said: 
    Check it out bro. If your government didn't have the Great Firewall in place to restrict free speech and filter the world news, you'd see why the Chinese get blamed for cheating. 
    Cheaters are cheaters no matter the race. A Chinese cheater is no better or worse than an American cheater and vice versa. It's best you leave politics out of this.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13327 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Necro..
This discussion has been closed.