Females in Battlefield V

Minigun991
130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 16
(This is not political. This is just a point of how it hurts battlefield, and an example of how it would happen in any war period)

It isn’t sexist or anything. It’s just a fact that females were not in WW2, except for a couple of examples. It was for politics, and battlefield should never be about politics. Also screw customization in an FPS. Immersion is more important.

But I want to make a huge point. You could of made the community angry doing this in even modern war.

I’ll give you an example. Let’s make a trailer set in modern war with a female that will anger the community, and make it look political.

So the trailer starts out with Russian special forces fighting a military outfit no one wants to fight.

Russians VS French foreign legion. (Yes, French foreign legion soldiers have appeared in bad company 1. They were deserters turned Mercenaries, but still legion.)

You see a female French foreign legion fighter taking on the Russians, and everything is chaos.

Annnnnnnd, you just made the community mad.

Why? Cause Females are not allowed in the French foreign legion. End of story. It’s a fact just like it’s a fact females were not a big part in WW2.

This isn’t a political discussion. It’s just simple knowledge. Don’t put things where they don’t belong.

“But you are not forced to play as a female”

Really? Cause I’m a tanker, and every time I spot a target, I get to hear a German female voice in my tiger. Can’t quiet find the button to change that. Same with pilots.

(title edited by moderator)
Post edited by Carbonic on

Comments

• chuckandcotton
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can invent a time machine and travel back to D-Day to get your immersion. Get your **** killed too. It's just a video game Jesus
  • UraniumReaper
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    (This is not political. This is just a point of how it hurts battlefield, and an example of how it would happen in any war period)

It isn’t sexist or anything. It’s just a fact that females were not in WW2, except for a couple of examples. It was for politics, and battlefield should never be about politics. Also screw customization in an FPS. Immersion is more important.

But I want to make a huge point. You could of made the community angry doing this in even modern war.

I’ll give you an example. Let’s make a trailer set in modern war with a female that will anger the community, and make it look political.

So the trailer starts out with Russian special forces fighting a military outfit no one wants to fight.

Russians VS French foreign legion. (Yes, French foreign legion soldiers have appeared in bad company 1. They were deserters turned Mercenaries, but still legion.)

You see a female French foreign legion fighter taking on the Russians, and everything is chaos.

Why? Cause Females are not allowed in the French foreign legion. End of story. It’s a fact just like it’s a fact females were not a big part in WW2.

This isn’t a political discussion. It’s just simple knowledge. Don’t put things where they don’t belong.

Really? Cause I’m a tanker, and every time I spot a target, I get to hear a German female voice in my tiger. Can’t quiet find the button to change that. Same with pilots.

For the most part I agree, but at this point it won't change. Maybe switch to a different game? I'm not being antagonistic, seriously look around for a different game! I'm sure there are better ones out there
  • Minigun991
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    You can invent a time machine and travel back to D-Day to get your immersion. Get your **** killed too. It's just a video game Jesus

Very nice.

Or I can play COD WAW to get my immersion. Even in multiplayer it felt good. It was probably one of the most immersive and fun WW2 games to date.

Yes, there are historical inaccuracies, like tiger 2’s in Stalingrad. But nothing to mess up the overall time period the game is set in.

Try to cool down a bit.
  • Minigun991

For the most part I agree, but at this point it won't change. Maybe switch to a different game? I'm not being antagonistic, seriously look around for a different game! I'm sure there are better ones out there

I respect that.

I’m just posting my opinion. Cause battlefield can not take another hit like this in the next game. It’s just to point out where things went wrong.

I know it’s not going to change BFV.

• chuckandcotton

Very nice.

Or I can play COD WAW to get my immersion. Even in multiplayer it felt good. It was probably one of the most immersive and fun WW2 games to date.

Yes, there are historical inaccuracies, like tiger 2’s in Stalingrad. But nothing to mess up the overall time period the game is set in.

Try to cool down a bit.

I'm cool. Your post is the one "not political". Women are in the game and it's not changing. The angst over it has come and gone. Female voices ruin your immersion? Please.
  • UraniumReaper
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Very nice.

Try to cool down a bit.

I'm cool. Your post is the one "not political". Women are in the game and it's not changing. The angst over it has come and gone. Female voices ruin your immersion? Please.

Well to be fair, having only Male characters in the past ruined my wife's immersion into the franchise and was a main reason she started to play cod (I know, kinda silly but to each their own). I think one could feel like their immersion is being dampened by having a character they dont like playing as as the default, especially when you have the ability to change it elsewhere.
  • Minigun991

Very nice.

Try to cool down a bit.

Yeah and no. Hanna doesn’t ruin my immersion at all. She’s a female French resistance fighter. Also her voice acting is good.

It’s immersion breaking with female British soldiers in WW2 with terrible voice acting.

Also, it’s come, it’s failed, and it’s gone. You missed a step.
  • chuckandcotton

Very nice.

Try to cool down a bit.

Yeah and no. Hanna doesn’t ruin my immersion at all. She’s a female French resistance fighter. Also her voice acting is good.

It’s immersion breaking with female British soldiers in WW2 with terrible voice acting.

Also, it’s come, it’s failed, and it’s gone. You missed a step.

In a game where i unload a magazine into somebody's face do no damage and I die. Lag bars all over my screen. Get cannot fetch data messages. This is the least of any concern.

99 problems. This ain't one. You seem to have a hate women problem.
  • Minigun991

Very nice.

Try to cool down a bit.

Version high quality voice acting for the females. Here is an hour for you to enjoy.
  • RossP317
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In the list of 100 things wrong with BFV, female characters are at 101.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are a million years too late to the party. No one cares about female soldiers being in their game anymore. Also, you can’t say it’s not about politics and then include the community being angered about poor historical accuracy for the sake of inclusion. I
  • PackersDK
    698 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My only issue is the high pitch shrieks Dice has put in the game, when women get hit. It’s  annoying, to me anyway. But that is more the tone of the sound, than who makes it.

Other than that, I really really don’t care. You can’t even see who’s male or female unless you’re in a revive situation. I hadn’t even notice I was a female tanker/pilot till some mentioned it here. 

I do have an opinion about why Dice  did it, but that’s really irrelevant when I start my PS4.

OP says it’s not about politics in his first sentence, and then goes on to talk politics in his second sentence. He also assumes the community “is mad”. I don’t really see that it is. A few people might still be beating this dead horse, but “the community”? I don’t think so.
  • chuckandcotton
    RossP317 wrote: »

This guy gets it
  • Minigun991
    V2Face wrote: »
    You are a million years too late to the party. No one cares about female soldiers being in their game anymore. Also, you can’t say it’s not about politics and then include the community being angered about poor historical accuracy for the sake of inclusion. I

Yes. Cause most didn’t even purchase the game. So, it’s pretty much the remaining players don’t care cause of the other issues that destroy the game.

And most gamers don’t care cause they decided not to purchase it, or have moved on from lack of content.
  • Minigun991
    PackersDK wrote: »
    My only issue is the high pitch shrieks Dice has put in the game, when women get hit. It’s  annoying, to me anyway. But that is more the tone of the sound, than who makes it.

Other than that, I really really don’t care. You can’t even see who’s male or female unless you’re in a revive situation. I hadn’t even notice I was a female tanker/pilot till some mentioned it here. 

I do have an opinion about why Dice  did it, but that’s really irrelevant when I start my PS4.

OP says it’s not about politics in his first sentence, and then goes on to talk politics in his second sentence. He also assumes the community “is mad”. I don’t really see that it is. A few people might still be beating this dead horse, but “the community”? I don’t think so.

Me stating their actions were for political reasons was not me going into politics. It’s pretty much certain that it was for political reasons.

The rest of my points are comparisons and facts, and hypothetical scenarios for the next battlefield.

I never put my political opinion in this.

• Minigun991

Actually, it contributes to the first thing wrong with battlefield V.

Bad sales.

After the first trailer, with the female British soldier with a robot arm, it turned a huge chunk of players off.

So, it’s actually the first problem that happened to the game. The 100’s of bugs come next.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    It’s not about politics. It’s about inclusion. Pick your knuckles up off the ground and get over it. It’s not changing.

Looking at your topics and posts, you clearly have an axe to grind. You seriously lack adaptability in the game and in life from what I can see.
  • Minigun991

This guy gets it

Really? Cause he needs to push those numbers up.

Coupled with the bugs that come with each update, you got the timed modes, where even if you like them, screw you because dice is removing them.

Then you got this live service that is just cut content dished out.

Also, like I stated, females in WW2 were the first problem with battlefield V.
  • Minigun991
    edited June 16
    It’s not about politics. It’s about inclusion. Pick your knuckles up off the ground and get over it. It’s not changing.

Looking at your topics and posts, you clearly have an axe to grind. You seriously lack adaptability in the gave and in life from what I can see.

It’s not about politics, it’s about being real.

You can include females if you do it right. But they didn’t. If you made every female voiced by a French girl, and didn’t add them into the Germans

Congratulations, you just did customization, and females in WW2 ok. Like battlefield 1 did.

The point is, it was the first thing that destroyed battlefield V. Everything else was just more nails.
This discussion has been closed.