Which one is it?: "I can't see anyone in BF V!!" or "Spotting was easy-mode, glad it is gone."

145791012

Comments

  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 15
    trip1ex wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:
    Why is it you people dont understand that the issue with visablity isnt the spotting mechanics in the game (which is freaking still there) but the art direction and clutter itself. You keep constantly hammering down that 3d spotting with the q function would help but claim that it wouldnt be "easier" to find someone if you a spamming a bush or an area with perceived enemy's (which proximity spotting does for you) just different. If you can already see the target you shouldnt need 3d spotting to help you find that individual because hes already in line of site. You're essentially dumbing down target acquisition for convenence.

    You already have flares for that. Flanking actually has some merit in this game finally.



    nonsense.  players flanked all the time in every bf game.   Bf4 had complete 3d spotting and I did nothing but flank as did anybody that was halfway good.  


    And lack of spotting is part of the visibility issue.  part of the reason it was in the game in the first place was the greater amt of detail in the graphics.  spotting kept the action moving like in past games instead of turning into Where's Waldo.  

    You say this and you have others saying flanking was harder. What is it. Literally make up your minds

    So two people view things differently and you treat them as one person that can’t make up “their” minds...?

    Wtf. People have different opinions. Different minds. These forums are not The Borg.
    Care given = None

    If you actually read is statement he essentially said the same thing 

    "It's easier to see an enemy if he's spotted.   IT's also easier to be seen by the enemy if you are spotted.   

    Doesn't make the game any easier. Makes the game less campy."


    Ideally that means less likely to have a successful flank. Read between the lines.  
  • trip1ex
    4567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 15
    spotting makes flanking easier as well as more difficult.

    If you better know where enemies are then you can better plan your flank.  IT's also easier to flank enemies that are pinned down.  spotting enemies helps to pin them down.

    Also less chance your flank is met by some guy hiding in a bush somewhere if you have spotting.

    Flanking also isn't the same thing as a  surprise attack.  Flanking is just attacking a position from another side.    It's an effective tactic whether or not it's a total surprise.  

    it's more difficult to flank with spotting in the sense that if an enemy  sees you during your flank they can more quickly communicate your position through 3d spotting to their fellow enemy.  But again, you don't have to be unseen to make flanking a powerful  tactic.


    Nevermind that spotting only lasts so long.  YOu can't be 3d spotted through walls and hills and you have to be seen in the first place in order to be spotted with the occasional exception of a player spamming Q.  

  • Turban_Legend80
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Turban_Legend80 said:


    TyroneLoyd_TV wrote: »


    trip1ex wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:

    Why is it you people dont understand that the issue with visablity isnt the spotting mechanics in the game (which is freaking still there) but the art direction and clutter itself. You keep constantly hammering down that 3d spotting with the q function would help but claim that it wouldnt be "easier" to find someone if you a spamming a bush or an area with perceived enemy's (which proximity spotting does for you) just different. If you can already see the target you shouldnt need 3d spotting to help you find that individual because hes already in line of site. You're essentially dumbing down target acquisition for convenence.



    You already have flares for that. Flanking actually has some merit in this game finally.







    nonsense.  players flanked all the time in every bf game.   Bf4 had complete 3d spotting and I did nothing but flank as did anybody that was halfway good.  





    And lack of spotting is part of the visibility issue.  part of the reason it was in the game in the first place was the greater amt of detail in the graphics.  spotting kept the action moving like in past games instead of turning into Where's Waldo.  





    You say this and you have others saying flanking was harder. What is it. Literally make up your minds



    So two people view things differently and you treat them as one person that can’t make up “their” minds...?



    Wtf. People have different opinions. Different minds. These forums are not The Borg.

    Care given = None

    If you actually read is statement he essentially said the same thing 

    "It's easier to see an enemy if he's spotted.   IT's also easier to be seen by the enemy if you are spotted.   

    Doesn't make the game any easier. Makes the game less campy."


    Ideally that means less likely to have a successful flank. Read between the lines.  

    If you have to write “care given = none”, then it’s obvious you care. You cared enough to reply to me aswell lol

    So what did you mean when you said “You say this, but you have others saying...”

    (Key word being “OTHERS”).

    I won’t wait around for a reply because you don’t care, right?
  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 15
    Turban_Legend80 said:


    TyroneLoyd_TV wrote: »


    trip1ex wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:

    Why is it you people dont understand that the issue with visablity isnt the spotting mechanics in the game (which is freaking still there) but the art direction and clutter itself. You keep constantly hammering down that 3d spotting with the q function would help but claim that it wouldnt be "easier" to find someone if you a spamming a bush or an area with perceived enemy's (which proximity spotting does for you) just different. If you can already see the target you shouldnt need 3d spotting to help you find that individual because hes already in line of site. You're essentially dumbing down target acquisition for convenence.



    You already have flares for that. Flanking actually has some merit in this game finally.







    nonsense.  players flanked all the time in every bf game.   Bf4 had complete 3d spotting and I did nothing but flank as did anybody that was halfway good.  





    And lack of spotting is part of the visibility issue.  part of the reason it was in the game in the first place was the greater amt of detail in the graphics.  spotting kept the action moving like in past games instead of turning into Where's Waldo.  





    You say this and you have others saying flanking was harder. What is it. Literally make up your minds



    So two people view things differently and you treat them as one person that can’t make up “their” minds...?



    Wtf. People have different opinions. Different minds. These forums are not The Borg.

    Care given = None

    If you actually read is statement he essentially said the same thing 

    "It's easier to see an enemy if he's spotted.   IT's also easier to be seen by the enemy if you are spotted.   

    Doesn't make the game any easier. Makes the game less campy."


    Ideally that means less likely to have a successful flank. Read between the lines.  

    If you have to write “care given = none”, then it’s obvious you care. You cared enough to reply to me aswell lol

    So what did you mean when you said “You say this, but you have others saying...”

    (Key word being “OTHERS”).

    I won’t wait around for a reply because you don’t care, right?
    Replying =/= caring. Typing a response requires no effort.

    So are you done being off topic or are we going to go back to the issue.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Turban_Legend80 said:


    TyroneLoyd_TV wrote: »
    Turban_Legend80 said:





    TyroneLoyd_TV wrote: »





    trip1ex wrote: »

    TyroneLoyd_TV said:



    Why is it you people dont understand that the issue with visablity isnt the spotting mechanics in the game (which is freaking still there) but the art direction and clutter itself. You keep constantly hammering down that 3d spotting with the q function would help but claim that it wouldnt be "easier" to find someone if you a spamming a bush or an area with perceived enemy's (which proximity spotting does for you) just different. If you can already see the target you shouldnt need 3d spotting to help you find that individual because hes already in line of site. You're essentially dumbing down target acquisition for convenence.







    You already have flares for that. Flanking actually has some merit in this game finally.















    nonsense.  players flanked all the time in every bf game.   Bf4 had complete 3d spotting and I did nothing but flank as did anybody that was halfway good.  











    And lack of spotting is part of the visibility issue.  part of the reason it was in the game in the first place was the greater amt of detail in the graphics.  spotting kept the action moving like in past games instead of turning into Where's Waldo.  











    You say this and you have others saying flanking was harder. What is it. Literally make up your minds







    So two people view things differently and you treat them as one person that can’t make up “their” minds...?







    Wtf. People have different opinions. Different minds. These forums are not The Borg.



    Care given = None



    If you actually read is statement he essentially said the same thing 



    "It's easier to see an enemy if he's spotted.   IT's also easier to be seen by the enemy if you are spotted.   



    Doesn't make the game any easier. Makes the game less campy."





    Ideally that means less likely to have a successful flank. Read between the lines.  



    If you have to write “care given = none”, then it’s obvious you care. You cared enough to reply to me aswell lol



    So what did you mean when you said “You say this, but you have others saying...”



    (Key word being “OTHERS”).



    I won’t wait around for a reply because you don’t care, right?

    Replying =/= caring. Typing a response requires no effort.

    So are you done being off topic or are we going to go back to the issue.

    I’ll respond to your off topic section of your post (which is all of it), and then get back on topic.

    If you didn’t care what I said then you wouldn’t have replied to me. But you did reply.
    So unless you always respond to posts you don’t care about, then your post isnt just off topic. It’s pure nonsense.

    On topic, I agree with @trip1ex
  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 15
    Alright back on topic i want to ask another question. Do you really need 3D spotting?
    Reason why i ask this is because i want to highlight a few things from the beginning of a stream i did this morning while i was talking to you all.
    - Is there a reason that you actually need spotting to stop campers? During this round every camper i came across (besides the one at the ammo crate) i clearly heard/saw/looked at tracers and decided if i wanted to engage or not. Is it a problem with your sound settings or the game itself? 
    - Is there a reason you need spotting because visibility is awful?  During the round i could see players without the use of a flare to 3D spot and i also reacted alot faster then those players even though i was directly in there line of sight and engagement range. Is it because they couldn't track me without a dorito or was it that they weren't sure that i was a player to begin with?
    -Is there a reason you need spotting if you already have the function in the game with Q?  I believe the function needs some work as it does get stuck on objects sometimes when its on an unintended target. If not it should be brighter in my point of view.

    I honestly feel like (at least for me) that i don't need 3D spotting in 90% of the situations i'm in as a solo player. That or i'm just so hyper aware compared to a large part of the community that a handicap is needed for people to track players. Idk


    Just take some time. I honestly want you guys to point out some situations that look like a player would need or want it. 
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439588274
    Use the twitch link for slightly less compression.

  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You weren't talking to me.......
  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    You weren't talking to me.......
    Que?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Alright back on topic i want to ask another question. Do you really need 3D spotting?
    Reason why i ask this is because i want to highlight a few things from the beginning of a stream i did this morning while i was talking to you all.
    - Is there a reason that you actually need spotting to stop campers? During this round every camper i came across (besides the one at the ammo crate) i clearly heard/saw/looked at tracers and decided if i wanted to engage or not. Is it a problem with your sound settings or the game itself? 
    - Is there a reason you need spotting because visibility is awful?  During the round i could see players without the use of a flare to 3D spot and i also reacted alot faster then those players even though i was directly in there line of sight and engagement range. Is it because they couldn't track me without a dorito or was it that they weren't sure that i was a player to begin with?
    -Is there a reason you need spotting if you already have the function in the game with Q?  I believe the function needs some work as it does get stuck on objects sometimes when its on an unintended target. If not it should be brighter in my point of view.

    I honestly feel like (at least for me) that i don't need 3D spotting in 90% of the situations i'm in as a solo player. That or i'm just so hyper aware compared to a large part of the community that a handicap is needed for people to track players. Idk


    Just take some time. I honestly want you guys to point out some situations that look like a player would need or want it. 

    Use the twitch link for slightly less compression.

    So basically, if it’s ok for you it should be ok for everybody.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So lets see what we have here...


    • You have the ability to spot players with flares with recon class or with planes & tanks, leaving an indicator over their head and on the mini map which also shows spawn beacons.
    • You have the ability to spot players with a spotting scope with recon class or with planes & tanks, leaving an indicator over their head and on the map.
    • You can hard target a player and put down a marker that indicates their position at the time of marking.
    • You can get a visual of player location with the suppression mechanic via support class or vehicles.
    • You get directional indicators when under fire from enemies showing you what direction the shots come from making it easier to determine where to point and retaliate.
    • You get a kill cam that shows you the position of your killer also allowing you to see if other members of their team are there.
    • The game has now had updates to improve the visibility (differing opinions as to it's effectiveness, but should still be seen as a positive change)
    • The game has introduced a new mechanic that shows enemy gamer tag when looking directly at someone in close proximity to aid in identifying players in dark areas

    Hmm.. yeah I guess the game really doesn't have enough systems implemented in game to aid players to see each other... Let's make it extra cheesy...
     
    /SMFH
    /Sarcasm off

    Just because your team doesn't make effective use of all these mechanics available at their disposal, shouldn't be an excuse to implement permanent spotting, 3D spotting, spotting whilst firing your weapon or any other lame crutch excuse people feel that is 'absolutely' necessary to add IMHO.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @StarscreamUK - my posts keep getting eaten
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    218 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally like the lack of 3d spotting (and higher TTK), because it makes it a lot more probable one is able to pull of a flank against vastly superior number of enemies.

    And I also like the fact that the spotting flare has to be launched in the air and, therefore, can be shot down quickly and easily frustrating all those lovely scouts.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    Alright back on topic i want to ask another question. Do you really need 3D spotting?
    Reason why i ask this is because i want to highlight a few things from the beginning of a stream i did this morning while i was talking to you all.
    - Is there a reason that you actually need spotting to stop campers? During this round every camper i came across (besides the one at the ammo crate) i clearly heard/saw/looked at tracers and decided if i wanted to engage or not. Is it a problem with your sound settings or the game itself? 
    - Is there a reason you need spotting because visibility is awful?  During the round i could see players without the use of a flare to 3D spot and i also reacted alot faster then those players even though i was directly in there line of sight and engagement range. Is it because they couldn't track me without a dorito or was it that they weren't sure that i was a player to begin with?
    -Is there a reason you need spotting if you already have the function in the game with Q?  I believe the function needs some work as it does get stuck on objects sometimes when its on an unintended target. If not it should be brighter in my point of view.

    I honestly feel like (at least for me) that i don't need 3D spotting in 90% of the situations i'm in as a solo player. That or i'm just so hyper aware compared to a large part of the community that a handicap is needed for people to track players. Idk


    Just take some time. I honestly want you guys to point out some situations that look like a player would need or want it. 

    Use the twitch link for slightly less compression.

    So basically, if it’s ok for you it should be ok for everybody.

    Yes. That's clearly what I said (sarcasm)
  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    I personally like the lack of 3d spotting (and higher TTK), because it makes it a lot more probable one is able to pull of a flank against vastly superior number of enemies.

    And I also like the fact that the spotting flare has to be launched in the air and, therefore, can be shot down quickly and easily frustrating all those lovely scouts.

    Other than assualt spam these added changes with spotting heighten my attention to detail within most scenarios. Which why I have to disagree with @MachoFantast1c0 about 3d spotting raising the skill ceiling. I believe it does the opposite for players of the general population by making it "easier" to find or aquire a target. The problem with the players is they dont want to improve/adjust there playstyle and those that do reap the benefits on a large scale which is why you see (excluding cheaters) the top 1 or 2 players dominate.

    What other fps gives you a dorito that follows you around a large part of the time? This is kind of why I feel the ceiling in bf games in general is so low compared to other titles along with the recoil / weapon mechanics in previous bf titles feeling like shooting paintballs.
    Unlike previous games I had an slightly easier time adjusting to other fps games ideally because of my sense of awareness is always pegged and I'm trying to control "some" recoil (I feel like there should be a bit more on some weapons)


    Another problem is identity. What does this game really want to focus on. Do they want a casual game or a hardcore game.
    Every time I look at bfv and I see all these mechanic changes to shift the audience into a more hardcore setting but still giving people tools to cheapen that said setting confuses me and alot of players. This may also be a reason why players dont want to change styles or improve. Dice cant find a balance.



    Sound is a topic I've never had an issue with so ideally I can't form an opinion on it other than my hate for the "surround sound" but id rather not go into detail.
  • SirTerrible
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly don't think the skill ceiling really changes much with BF1 type spotting vs BFV spotting. Everyone knowing where enemies are more often doesn't change the toddler-tier gunplay or anything.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Alright back on topic i want to ask another question. Do you really need 3D spotting?
    Reason why i ask this is because i want to highlight a few things from the beginning of a stream i did this morning while i was talking to you all.
    - Is there a reason that you actually need spotting to stop campers? During this round every camper i came across (besides the one at the ammo crate) i clearly heard/saw/looked at tracers and decided if i wanted to engage or not. Is it a problem with your sound settings or the game itself? 
    - Is there a reason you need spotting because visibility is awful?  During the round i could see players without the use of a flare to 3D spot and i also reacted alot faster then those players even though i was directly in there line of sight and engagement range. Is it because they couldn't track me without a dorito or was it that they weren't sure that i was a player to begin with?
    -Is there a reason you need spotting if you already have the function in the game with Q?  I believe the function needs some work as it does get stuck on objects sometimes when its on an unintended target. If not it should be brighter in my point of view.

    I honestly feel like (at least for me) that i don't need 3D spotting in 90% of the situations i'm in as a solo player. That or i'm just so hyper aware compared to a large part of the community that a handicap is needed for people to track players. Idk


    Just take some time. I honestly want you guys to point out some situations that look like a player would need or want it. 

    Use the twitch link for slightly less compression.

    So basically, if it’s ok for you it should be ok for everybody.

    Yes. That's clearly what I said (sarcasm)

    It basically IS what you said. You are comparing things to situations YOU have been in, and then stating that spotting isn’t needed because of this.
    (non sarcasm)
  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    Alright back on topic i want to ask another question. Do you really need 3D spotting?
    Reason why i ask this is because i want to highlight a few things from the beginning of a stream i did this morning while i was talking to you all.
    - Is there a reason that you actually need spotting to stop campers? During this round every camper i came across (besides the one at the ammo crate) i clearly heard/saw/looked at tracers and decided if i wanted to engage or not. Is it a problem with your sound settings or the game itself? 
    - Is there a reason you need spotting because visibility is awful?  During the round i could see players without the use of a flare to 3D spot and i also reacted alot faster then those players even though i was directly in there line of sight and engagement range. Is it because they couldn't track me without a dorito or was it that they weren't sure that i was a player to begin with?
    -Is there a reason you need spotting if you already have the function in the game with Q?  I believe the function needs some work as it does get stuck on objects sometimes when its on an unintended target. If not it should be brighter in my point of view.

    I honestly feel like (at least for me) that i don't need 3D spotting in 90% of the situations i'm in as a solo player. That or i'm just so hyper aware compared to a large part of the community that a handicap is needed for people to track players. Idk


    Just take some time. I honestly want you guys to point out some situations that look like a player would need or want it. 

    Use the twitch link for slightly less compression.

    So basically, if it’s ok for you it should be ok for everybody.

    Yes. That's clearly what I said (sarcasm)

    It basically IS what you said. You are comparing things to situations YOU have been in, and then stating that spotting isn’t needed because of this.
    (non sarcasm)

    I asked questions about my situations for insight on what you players feel. Its not my fault you have the reading comprehension of a rock to see what I meant. I can only form opinions like these because thats the only thing "I" experience therefore I asked for input.
    Then again you've had a hard on lately
  • parkingbrake
    3126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »
    So lets see what we have here...


    You have the ability to spot players with flares with recon class or with planes & tanks, leaving an indicator over their head and on the mini map which also shows spawn beacons.You have the ability to spot players with a spotting scope with recon class or with planes & tanks, leaving an indicator over their head and on the map.You can hard target a player and put down a marker that indicates their position at the time of marking.You can get a visual of player location with the suppression mechanic via support class or vehicles.You get directional indicators when under fire from enemies showing you what direction the shots come from making it easier to determine where to point and retaliate.You get a kill cam that shows you the position of your killer also allowing you to see if other members of their team are there.The game has now had updates to improve the visibility (differing opinions as to it's effectiveness, but should still be seen as a positive change)The game has introduced a new mechanic that shows enemy gamer tag when looking directly at someone in close proximity to aid in identifying players in dark areas
    Hmm.. yeah I guess the game really doesn't have enough systems implemented in game to aid players to see each other... Let's make it extra cheesy...
     
    /SMFH
    /Sarcasm off

    Just because your team doesn't make effective use of all these mechanics available at their disposal, shouldn't be an excuse to implement permanent spotting, 3D spotting, spotting whilst firing your weapon or any other lame crutch excuse people feel that is 'absolutely' necessary to add IMHO.

    Previous games had similar gadgets that helped with spotting in the same ways as your list, but in THIS game people complain that visibility is poor.

    It’s not a myth.

    Every time I read the “crutch” argument it just shows the one sided thinking of the person.

    Because it’s so much harder when you can run around and freely fire your weapon without worrying about appearing on the minimap, right? Lol nope.
    The current system is the crutch.

    It's a myth to me.  I occasionally get killed by someone who blended into a pile of rubble or hid in a dark corner, occasionally.  So what?  I respawn and continue with the game, sometimes I go back and kill the guy who just killed me because he didn't move.  I don't want my opponents to glow in the dark, I don't want glowing doritos over their heads (or mine), I don't want people appearing on the map when they fire because it isn't necessary as I can already hear where they are and see the tracers from their shots.  I even like the variable weather, playing the same map with different states of visibility is interesting, I don't need it to be the same every time.  I think it would be great if the time of day changed too, playing at night would be a blast.

    BFV has differences from previous titles, so adapt, learn to play under the new conditions.  Cookie-cutter game design is boring.
Sign In or Register to comment.