[Megathread]When is this whole "couldn't fetch your report" thing fixed?

Comments

• zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also seems to be happening on BF1 btw, so maybe it's a server related thing?
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But KDR...Affected or not when one gets this message?

Yes, my kdr in battlefield tracker is currently higher then ingame. I do not think the kills or deaths are registered. Of course yesterday I had one bad game that was registered in game and all my good ones were not. Kdr suffered because of this.
  • SKA-2Tone-70
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have had the same problem at the end of game no score board and a load of numbers come up also no weapon unlocks :-( this is happen on x box and pc as I play on both
  • SKA-2Tone-70
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    I keep getting this also at the end of a round and my weapons are NOT getting upgraded. I have all on pc but just started on x box and I am stuck on 1 weapon per class grrrrrrr
  • DidoSexaBg
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    on battlefield 5 on pc,how repair
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happened about 4 times yesterday. Looks to be there side of things also bfvtracker isn't pulling my games anymore unfortunately.
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happened about 4 times yesterday. Looks to be there side of things also bfvtracker isn't pulling my games anymore unfortunately.

Bftracker did record all my kills and time played. The game just lost that info somehow. I have a higher kdr in bftracker then ingame. How can bftracker have that information and the game somehow lost it? 🤔
  • briarjmoor396
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And ps4
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve said it numerous times and I’ll say it again. The programmers who knew how to program the Frostbite engine are long since gone. The programmers they have now have no clue what they are doing. I honestly think the BF series will never be the same and it kills me to say that because I love the BF games.
    Are we talking about the same programmers who couldn't adjust the damage values of an automatic shotgun with explosive rounds without making the damage per pellet of an under-barrel shotgun the same as that of an assault rifle? The same programmers who fixed that under-barrel shotgun but ended up giving a smoke grenade launcher no bullet drop and near-infinite bullet speed when equipped on just one DLC assault rifle? The same programmers that bodged the BF4 launch and let it fester around for months until a different studio in LA stepped in?

I don't think DICE ever knew what it was doing with this engine. In the words of Patrick Bach, they probably thought it was all 'just magic'.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MogwaiWarrior said:
    I’ve said it numerous times and I’ll say it again. The programmers who knew how to program the Frostbite engine are long since gone. The programmers they have now have no clue what they are doing. I honestly think the BF series will never be the same and it kills me to say that because I love the BF games.

Are we talking about the same programmers who couldn't adjust the damage values of an automatic shotgun with explosive rounds without making the damage per pellet of an under-barrel shotgun the same as that of an assault rifle? The same programmers who fixed that under-barrel shotgun but ended up giving a smoke grenade launcher no bullet drop and near-infinite bullet speed when equipped on just one DLC assault rifle? The same programmers that bodged the BF4 launch and let it fester around for months until a different studio in LA stepped in?

I don't think DICE ever knew what it was doing with this engine. In the words of Patrick Bach, they probably thought it was all 'just magic'.

Fair points, but at least it was just one bug going on and not I don’t know how many do we have all at once with BFV? The BF4 issue was just an issue with netcode/servers not the entire core game like it is in BFV.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Fair points, but at least it was just one bug going on and not I don’t know how many do we have all at once with BFV? The BF4 issue was just an issue with netcode/servers not the entire core game like it is in BFV.
    The BF4 issues were to do with a lot more than netcode. The game would crash constantly, so that was definitely a client-side problem. We also had to deal with a barrage of glitches, such as textures taking half a minute to load once a match starts, randomly having your sound disappearing, soldiers stuck in a crouching animations whilst moving around, random damage bugs, map glitches ... the netcode was one of the most important issues, but there was so much more wrong with BF4 at launch. Console versions were plagued with framerate issues for quite some time.

One egregious example was the fact that one would always crash when loading Operation Dawnbreaker when the game launched ... it took them a while to fix that one.

This isn't even mentioning actual game design issues ... that's more of a subjective matter than bugs and glitches.
  • Kameron_Poe
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am also getting the "report couldn't be fetched" error on PC version. I also ranked Recon to level 20 and received this error after round. I am level 20 Recon and I am unable to receive the level 20 Kar98k rifle... states you need to be level 20, which I am level 20? 
  • Cropulus
    I am not getting any points towards TOW. Been playing all night for 12k points and more than 150k points lost. I cannot get lvl 40 now, so I can forget about the fire rake...
  • GeneralXIV
    305 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had this problem, and no weapon skins unlocking or ToW rewards unlocking. I still have the last two.

I think I might have found a way to make it better? Usually at the end of a game Ill skip through the different result tabs. And whenever I did that, it caused the problem. But if I just left the controls alone and let it load without doing anything else, it takes longer but seems to appear for me? I havent had the "could not fetch your report" error in a few days now :)
  • Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    so what do we get for compensation of this lost points ? CC
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    I had this problem, and no weapon skins unlocking or ToW rewards unlocking. I still have the last two.

I think I might have found a way to make it better? Usually at the end of a game Ill skip through the different result tabs. And whenever I did that, it caused the problem. But if I just left the controls alone and let it load without doing anything else, it takes longer but seems to appear for me? I havent had the "could not fetch your report" error in a few days now :)

That's just luck I think. I've had it go both ways and it either works or it doesn't. In fact I think I had it earlier where the first screen came up showing my TOW score but when I scrolled it decided it couldn't fetch my report🤔
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    So KDR is recorded correctly via BFTracker but isn't in the in-game stats after receiving this message. Will they ever sync up correctly in the future? If so, when? One hour? Two hours? When Dice finally decides to man up and fix this issue?

This is simply unacceptable in a competitive multiplayer shooter like this one.
    Post edited by HUMANFRAIL7Y on
  • B2TTer
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting crazy of this error. TONS AND TONS of xp is not being gained. my planes don't unlock. same for tanks. ive been camping a tank to unlock things and NOTHING.
    How can you sell something so BAD. this is more like a SCAM to me
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's just started happening for me too, must be frustrating for those trying to finish the TbF Chapter rewards. The mighty Fire Rake is so worth it.
This discussion has been closed.