Reporting players with a way to upload videos/images?

KIIXXVI
50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I am aware of how to report players through Origin.

I am wondering if there is any future updates to reporting players by being able to upload videos or images?
Current way or reporting is decent but does not allow us a way to show proof.

Feel free to lead me to another thread if I am repeating things said by others.

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14450 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Only way I know is to report as usual,  But upload your images to places like imgur and then linking the album,  Same for video but with a youtube link.

• STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why? EA doesn't look at those reports. Anyway, only way to do this is adding a link to your Youtube video. 
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Uploading video is worthless, nobody will ever look at it because it's impossible to actually verify cheating off a third party video and rightly DICE/EA should not be banning anyone based on unverified anything. And that's besides the fact that most videos completely fail to show any obvious signs of cheating in the first place, and don't including information like what the player might have heard on headphones or been told over discord.

Just report the cheaters in game and move on.

• KuroNeko_PRT
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Meanwhile at EAs:

• SHB2099
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Uploading video is worthless, nobody will ever look at it because it's impossible to actually verify cheating off a third party video and rightly DICE/EA should not be banning anyone based on unverified anything. And that's besides the fact that most videos completely fail to show any obvious signs of cheating in the first place, and don't including information like what the player might have heard on headphones or been told over discord.

So, does it mean not only those proof images, videos, but also the reporting itself actually is not read by EA/DICE ? Then why do they tell us we need to report cheaters? So, what their banning process looks like ? How did they ban those cheaters previously?

Also, I found that the lasting time of kill feed that show who killed me is too short, mostly I'm shocked for a while when a cheater 1 shot killed me, and when I recovered from being shocked and realized I need check who killed me, that enemy name already disappeared, and the screen soon turned into my soldier's dying screen, so I usually even don't know to report whom !! So, Please let the duration time of enemy name in kill feed shows longer (the best is as long as possible, I mean, I hope even it can keep showing the name of enemy who killed you in/during your dying screen when you're calling medic/teammates to revive you.)
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only way I know is to report as usual,  But upload your images to places like imgur and then linking the album,  Same for video but with a youtube link.

Thank you! I was thinking of uploading things and then I was like do they even allow links on these reports.
  • KIIXXVI
    STOPchris said:
    Why? EA doesn't look at those reports. Anyway, only way to do this is adding a link to your Youtube video. 
    This isn't true I watch a few DICE employees on stream and a few viewers recorded and this person was able to send in a report and ban the said cheater.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SHB2099 said:

So, does it mean not only those proof images, videos, but also the reporting itself actually is not read by EA/DICE ? Then why do they tell us we need to report cheaters? So, what their banning process looks like ? How did they ban those cheaters previously?
    The love that dare not speak its name!
  • IIPrest0nII
    2452 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If you wish to send more detailed report, then do it at EA Help page. More info: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
  • KIIXXVI
    Thank you all for answering me :)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KIIXXVI said:
    I am aware of how to report players through Origin.

I am wondering if there is any future updates to reporting players by being able to upload videos or images?
    Current way or reporting is decent but does not allow us a way to show proof.

Feel free to lead me to another thread if I am repeating things said by others.

Here's how it goes--you post your screenshot or video someplace, you include a link in the report you send to EA, and months later you can see that your video has zero views and the blatant hack user you reported is still in the game.  Apparently EA has admitted they don't pay attention to spectator video recordings because they're too buggy and what is seen in the video might not be accurate, so bothering to include such things in reports seems pointless.  What does occasionally work is posting the video on the Reddit BFV sub, I have repeatedly seen DICE devs comment on such videos and say they'll ask the anti-cheat dept. why the player in question hasn't been banned.  Devs are fairly active on Reddit and Twitter, if they're here they must be lurking, they sure don't post often.

This week I've seen two groups of cheaters show up in the same server to put on a little comedy show.  The first time they were all on one team and taunted everyone in chat with how long it takes to be banned and how easy it is to get a free replacement account, the second time they were on different teams and spent the round accusing each other of using hacks, which of course they were.  The only thing that will save this game on PC is if the promised rented servers have full admin control, at least then this sort of trash can be taken out in minutes instead of months.

The situation is discouraging to say the least, I really can't grasp EA's thinking on this issue.
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pointless reporting
  • Sk1lld
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock512 told the folks on Reddit that the anticheat team doesn't look at submitted videos, that they have their own tools for detection cheats. So it's a waste sending them. After many have reported cheaters through their profile, they say that the cheats are still playing, so reporting looks like it does nothing also.
    So yeah, I would say pointless.
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld said:
    Braddock512 told the folks on Reddit that the anticheat team doesn't look at submitted videos, that they have their own tools for detection cheats. So it's a waste sending them. After many have reported cheaters through their profile, they say that the cheats are still playing, so reporting looks like it does nothing also.
    So yeah, I would say pointless.
    I seriously doubt EA does anything about cheaters in this game period. I came across one of the most obvious cheaters, who even bragged about not being banned in over 4 months, who still plays to this day. I know because it says when you last played on the Battlefield tracker website and he played last yesterday. I even put a video on Youtube and linked it in my report. This guy was shooting people through walls and snapping back and forth between targets. 
  • IIPrest0nII
    2452 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Closing this thread now as we already have enough Anti-cheat threads. Also, check the official statement about Anti-cheat: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1551428/#Comment_1551428

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.