is battlefield 5 worth buying ?

warfighter10000
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 

Comments

• Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it's worth it. Yes there are people that complain a lot and are sick of this game already (including me) but that's just because we've been playing this for months and the content (maps) has been disappointing. But for a new player it should be great like it was for all of us and it looks like next couple of months will be great as well in terms of content. And the gameplay is the best so far imo.

So yes, definitely worth it, especially at 50% off (I'm assuming).
  • warfighter10000
    Zviko0 said:
    Yes it's worth it. Yes there are people that complain a lot and are sick of this game already (including me) but that's just because we've been playing this for months and the content (maps) has been disappointing. But for a new player it should be great like it was for all of us and it looks like next couple of months will be great as well in terms of content. And the gameplay is the best so far imo.

So yes, definitely worth it, especially at 50% off (I'm assuming).
    local electronic stores have it for around 30€ already 
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes do it.
    pretty steep learning curve might take you a week to stop dieing before you get used to it.
    You get a very good selection of base weapons at the start the stermgerwer 1-5 is top three of the whole game.
    most people use 3x scope on any guns you can this will help spot enemies.
    you need to change the base settings on the game straight away fov starts at about 60 you need 95.
    The sten and the mp40 are near identical to use but it won't v take long to unlock the mp40 I think it's about rank 4 or 5.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you can get it for 20$ or 20£ it’s worth getting.
    I wouldn’t pay any more than that and if your in the uk you won’t have any servers so you will have to join the god awful German ones.
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    £20 won't even get you a few drinks and a pizza so why is the thought of spending that money on a game that will worst-case last you 50 hours even a question?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On a dollars per hours played basis, I got my money's worth.

BFV is a bit buggy, it suffers from a lack of new content, the anti-cheat on PC is weak, the network performance wasn't great to begin with and has gone downhill since, the UI is terrible, the maps are mostly okay but not outstanding.  But we've all played games with problems, sometimes problems worse than those of BFV, so it's not like BFV is unique in being annoying while still fun to play if you're willing to adapt to things like reduced spotting (and some players are not willing to do that).  If you can get it on sale or via one of EA's access promotions, sure, give it a try.  And don't pay much attention to those folks who would crawl over broken glass to slam BFV, some of them have really gone off the deep end in that regard.  It's not a bad game, it's just not as good as it could have been.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    superteds wrote: »
    £20 won't even get you a few drinks and a pizza so why is the thought of spending that money on a game that will worst-case last you 50 hours even a question?

The pizza probably is in a good state and won’t need to be taken back to the chef to be fixed every 5mins.
    The drinks will go down rather well and taste good and won’t need to be exchanged half way through drinking them due to being faulty.

The game is a blatantly faulty buggy mess 8 month after release and simply isn’t worth anymore than 20£.
    What items do you suggest I buy over £20 that are faulty?

Bike with one wheel....
    Car with 2 wheels....
    Plane with no wings.....
    Chocolate kettle....
    Glass hammer....
  • warfighter10000
    ackers75 said:
    I wouldn’t pay any more than that and if your in the uk you won’t have any servers so you will have to join the god awful German ones.
    im austrian , so i dont think german servers are a problem 
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go for it, I payed full prize for it and for the time I played it, it.s verry cheap.
    I am 60 years old and have the time of my life playing the game.

• ackers75
    ackers75 said:

im austrian , so i dont think german servers are a problem 
    You should be fine server wise then.
    Just be aware that the game has many issues.
    It might be worth your while getting it on trial through ea access or origin to be fair.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    I hated it at first because of the poor enemy visibility, but after hundreds of hours now, my brain and vision are finally assimilating to the poor visibility and I can now better discern enemies than before. My KD increased from 1.7 to 2.01 due to this and also probably due to improved muscle memory as well by using the same weapon over and over.

The first few hundreds of hours were the worst for me, but now I’m finally starting to really like the game. Like all things, you get better at it with time. It definitely took me a lot longer than many others to get good, but the blood and tears were ultimately worth it because now, I’m actually enjoying the game.

So yes, I think the game deserves a try. You just need some patience.
    Post edited by HUMANFRAIL7Y on
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you wait until Oct it might be in a better state, that’s when the big new content is coming.

Plus you’ll get it for half nothing at that point.
  • trip1ex
    5247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes it is the best ever.  

no it's the worst ever.

which answer you want?
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, the constant end of round music coupled with constant airplane noise makes great mersion with the fact you can't see how well you did in the last round because the game is borked.......
    ...... Go ahead 
  • bunningsSnagz
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Buy it after the June 27th update. If you buy it before you'll probably never come back to it after one game.
  • RossP317
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I picked it up last week for £20. I'll get my money's worth at that price but it really is just a Beta.
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's worth a discount price for sure. It's certainly got issues but at 50% it's worth it. I think it has a lot of issues, my k/d rates and general play though are still pretty similar to prior battlefields which is why I for one stick around.

If you are on PC though a different solution is buy Origin Access Basic for 4.99 USD for one month and see if you like it. BFV is unlimited playtime on that now, no more needing Origin Access Premier. If you like it after a month then buy the full game, it's on sale all the time. If you don't like it, then play some of the other games Origin Access has for the rest of the month.