how to make classes great again!

bunningsSnagz
95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 18
Ok so i posted this as a comment a little while ago but i wonted to get peoples opinion on it.
remember this is just an idea so don't put me on blast if you think the game is "fine the way it is" and even if you do you're not playing the same game as me and 90% of other people. I just wont to have a constructive chat about spicing the classes up. 

1. Remove dynamite from assault and give it to recon and support
  This is a reversion to older BF titles. First of all it would take away from the assault viability VS everything, especially against infantry at close rage witch frankly it's to good at. It dose however give more viability to recon and support at close range VS infantry and VS vehicles. perhaps to stop explosive spam make it so both classes can only hold two lots of dynamite. In my eyes this also increases the need for team play to take out a vehicle for assaults as you'll need two of them to take out a tank (witch they could still do easily with PIATs and fausts) but dosent make recons and supports so OP that one can solo a tank. again recon and support should only get two dynamites. As for assault perhaps give them a smoke launcher for cover while advancing or just generally helping the team, or something else you guys feel free to brain storm on that one.

2. Give medic the grande launcher and AT grande postal 
Again a reversion to older titles. Now i think we can all admit that medic is one of the weaker classes, and in need of something to bring it in line with other classes. This change would give medic a bit more punch at close to medium range as well as a little bit of AT as well (the AT pistol is kinda weak anyway so not too OP of a change) also so medic should probably get two smoke grenades just in general really.
Just to clarify the only gadget to be removed from a class is the dynamite form assault all other classes should keep their gadgets. 

Now i know what some would be thinking this all sounds like a tank players worst nightmare and creating an explosive spam fest, but really the game is already kinda explosive spamy given all the bombers flying around and the fact that assault right now can carry 3 PIATs and 3 dynamites. I don't think its adding to it as much as its just transfusing the spamynes too other classes to give them a bit bang for their buck. As for tanks its not so bad in the way not that now one sneaky little assault can't load you with dynamite and put 3 PIATs or Fausts up your back side, it takes a team effort to take you down. The changes might also shake up the campy meta for supports and recons as they will have more of a motivator to get in the fight and use their dynamite.

bonus balance changes

Increase the side to side recoil for semi-auto rifles
They are the most usable and powerful weapons in the game at most ranges, and the natural recoil pattern of most of them (depending on range) drives the reticle on to an enemy's head making for easy head shots, and adding to the fast feeling TTD. a slight increase in side to side recoil would remove the ease of use for the weapons and make them harder to master. I'm mostly talking about the fast firing spamy semi-autos here just to clarify.

reduce side to side recoil for SMGs
Now i'm a medic main i love the class but i'm not saying this because i just wont the class to be better for my own sake, i'm saying is because i have experience with the class and i know where is lacking. I under stand that SMGs are QCB weapons but there really is not much point to them considering that half the weapons in other classes can out shoot you in QCB and out shoot you at most other ranges as well. slightly lowering the side to side recoil especially for the faster firing SMGs would at least give a medic a chance to contend against an assault player with an stg44 standing 50m away. Even at that range the medic will loose most the time given the damage drop off  and the recoil patterns of SMGs. For me i hate how on the large maps the game forces me to play another class because is not viable in most situations on larger maps.

If you're reading this then thank you for reading all that and if you like the ideas give it an up vote and tag a DICE employee  :p :D

p.s i'm sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes i'm dyslectic and spelling is hard.
Post edited by bunningsSnagz on

Comments

• dA_9_eL_81
    1818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game is trash and u know it...
  • bunningsSnagz
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would agree with everything but AT launcher for medic. Medic is made for close range fighting and support role. You can solo smoke the entire area for your team to push or hide. I hate when medics run to you in the open without smoke and get both of you killed. Maybe giving them permanent smoke launcher or smoke nades would give an excuse to give Medics AT pistol.

Also I think AP Mines should be removed from Medic and Support, and given exclusively to Recon.

As for SMG balance, reducing recoil isn't enough. I think Dice must remove random scope deviation from SMGs that they've added a some time ago. Also tweak damage drop off for slow firing SMGs to make them more competitive at medium range. That would make Medics more versatile.
    Yea i agree with ya there mate and i forgot about the freaking AP mines, absolutely remove them from medic and support. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would agree with everything but AT launcher for medic. Medic is made for close range fighting and support role. You can solo smoke the entire area for your team to push or hide. I hate when medics run to you in the open without smoke and get both of you killed. Maybe giving them permanent smoke launcher or smoke nades would give an excuse to give Medics AT pistol.

Also I think AP Mines should be removed from Medic and Support, and given exclusively to Recon.

As for SMG balance, reducing recoil isn't enough. I think Dice must remove random scope deviation from SMGs that they've added a some time ago. Also tweak damage drop off for slow firing SMGs to make them more competitive at medium range. That would make Medics more versatile.
    Yea i agree with ya there mate and i forgot about the freaking AP mines, absolutely remove them from medic and support. 
    It is not like anyone uses these things anyway, I go weeks without being killed by AP mines (I get damaged but not killed)
  • Piotrek1983pm
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    are you crazy? what is the point of using semi autos against stg or sturmghewer? did you play lately semi autos?
  • Hawxxeye
    5024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    are you crazy? what is the point of using semi autos against stg or sturmghewer? did you play lately semi autos?
    this guy does

People are either spam-firing or macroing semi autos to full auto rates of fire. So they are basically relatively low RoF full autos with no horizontal recoil.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • sabootheshaman
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good to see a reasonable idea. Not sure on AT pistol to medic but I do think they need something to be able to solo armour better. Maybe the sticky made support had.

Overall I do think recon should of gotten dynamite.

I’d also take AP mines off support.
  • Piotrek1983pm
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what is your point connected to the video? obviously there is a problem with time to kill, this video just proves it! I was killed multiple times by mp40 in no time. I wish you tried to play Turner SMLE for a day and compare it to stg, sturgewher and other autos, just try it, smle jumps up and down. I need to add it is my favourite gun but stg 44 is way better.
  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    AP Mines removed from Support?

Heresy!

Remove them from Medic by all means though!

Also, broadly agree with the OP but would add removal of 3x from all but Recon weapons.

Oh, and frag grenades for Medic launcher should be a selectable munition rather than a seperate gadget.
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • fragnstein
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok so i posted this as a comment a little while ago but i wonted to get peoples opinion on it.
    remember this is just an idea so don't put me on blast if you think the game is "fine the way it is" and even if you do you're not playing the same game as me and 90% of other people. I just wont to have a constructive chat about spicing the classes up. 

I stopped reading after this. What I read was your last post about this didn't go as you planned and what you propose is what 90% of the players want, and everyone else is wrong. But you prefaced it with don't blast me, so it make it all good
  • bunningsSnagz
    Hawxxeye said:
    this guy does

People are either spam-firing or macroing semi autos to full auto rates of fire. So they are basically relatively low RoF full autos with no horizontal recoil.

exactly what i'm talking about ^^^^
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't put any hope on DICE realizing and apologizing for all of their screw ups and the shame they've put on this franchise with BFV and their political crap.

You can hope that they learned their lesson with the next Battlefield or this franchise and DICE as a whole are done.
  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't put any hope on DICE realizing and apologizing for all of their screw ups and the shame they've put on this franchise with BFV and their political crap.

You can hope that they learned their lesson with the next Battlefield or this franchise and DICE as a whole are done.

What has 'political crap' got to do with class balance?
  • bunningsSnagz
    edited June 18

I stopped reading after this. What I read was your last post about this didn't go as you planned and what you propose is what 90% of the players want, and everyone else is wrong. But you prefaced it with don't blast me, so it make it all good
    I didn't post it and what i should of said i spose was i made a brief point about this on another post as a comment. And yes you're right i guess i dont know what 90% of the players wont or feel about the game but i do know something needs to be done about the current state of the game, and there's a very large amount of people who would probably agree. As for me saying don't put me on blast is because i didn't wont people like you commenting and adding nothing constructive or worth while to the conversation. 
  • Hawxxeye
    Trokey66 said:

What has 'political crap' got to do with class balance?
    I do not see any "politics" instead I see "policy"
    It seems to be unfashionable to say "We are sorry we messed up, we will work with our players to revise out bad decisions". Usually they only admit the mistakes of a game when it is over and done and "promise" that the next game will be better...
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To improve the class system i think we could ditch buddy revives - im ok with the concept, just that it does diminish the main role of the medic, and then take a look at the assault class and reduce it's explosive potential and balance their weapons more against the other classes.  
  • wiazabi
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    High rof medic weapons has always been viable and is why you mostly see people with Suomi / Thompson (PC), it is the low rof that are in a terrible state so asking for a buff to the high rof is not needed.

As for some things they could do to to improve the game.
    • Remove attrition it simply do not work with the fast ttk.
    • Change headshot multiplier to that of BF 1 so you do not instantly die cause of already fast ttk + 2.0 headshot multiplier + bigger head hitbox in bf v.
    • Smoke grenades are option for all classes.
    • Medic get their syringe back to old way of reviving without locked animation and it takes a gadget slot.
    Do these few things and see how it goes and the pour resources into bug fixing cause currently the amount of bugs, issues and everything revolving around issues with netcode from enemy hit 100+ to hits just failing to register which is still common in tank vs tank combat.
  • Trokey66
    To improve the class system i think we could ditch buddy revives - im ok with the concept, just that it does diminish the main role of the medic, and then take a look at the assault class and reduce it's explosive potential and balance their weapons more against the other classes.  

Disagree here.

The buddy revive is just another option, Medic revives are still the preferred option but allows more flexibility within a Squad.