This Week in Battlefield V

Distortion of history in BF5

Comments

• Cropulus
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow this thread is weird and Nationalistic.

At the OP. It’s a game. Not a history lesson. Also, the victors write the history. I don’t think a game that sells more units in western markets is going to pander to your desires.

Also maybe Kay off the veiled swipes at others. This who know history also could argue that a lot of the Ref Army were pushed into service against free will. In addition the regime were responsible for a lot of deaths of their own population. Maybe we don’t need it glorified.

Exactly that
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1841 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You have heard of the Molotov - Ribbentrop Pact i assume?  You know where the USSR and Germany agreed to carve up Poland BEFORE the german invasion.  As for the Polish state not existing after the 17th Sept - debatable, well that makes it OK then to invade an already defeated nation.  In 1917 Poland liberated itself after the chaos of the revolution and the one who cannot be named was seriously defeated by the Poles at Warsaw, and was basically pretty much his fault that the Polish army beat the red army, so he wanted his revenge.  To claim the poor Soviets were in no way aggressors is naive and comical
    Poland in 1938 together with Germany attacked Czechoslovakia. Why do you blame the USSR but not Poland for the same? During the Soviet-Polish war of 1919-21 the poles were captured by a huge number of soldiers of the red army. In the Polish captivity from executions, tortures, bad leaving, bad food, the bestial relation the huge number of captured soldiers of red army, much more than poles in Katyn was lost. Until 1939 Poland was extremely hostile to the USSR state. The norm was constant military clashes on the border. Many Polish politicians aspired to the Union with Germany and were not averse to attack together with Germans the USSR. (I can cite many quotes from Polish politicians of the time proving this). Therefore, the Soviet Union simply outplayed Poland and before the great war pushed its borders further West, which later saved Moscow and Leningrad and maybe the entire USSR. Also in Poland national minorities, Belarusians and Ukrainians were infringed, Poland didn't give real freedom to these people. In 1939, the Soviet Union gave freedom to the Belarusians and Ukrainians and gave them the territory which they have today ONLY THANKS to the USSR.
    Bringing up examples of bad behavior by other nations does not exonerate the crimes of USSR.  
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1841 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    No I also blame the allied for many things like the bombing of Hamburg, Dresden and Tokyo. But they didn't stopped and watch the massacre of the polish uprising in Warsaw based on political considerations or systematically **** more than 2 million women. The Soviets were as cruel as the Germans.  And the allied didn't make all the liberated countries puppets after the war. 
    They even kept a large part of the polen and in return gave them a part of Germany.
    I recognize the Soviet suffering, struggle for freedom and effort, but atrocities will always be remembered even if one fights on the good side. 
    Dude, are you bad at reading? I'll tell you again. If not for the USSR, your beloved Poland was not at all and probably Poland would have disappeared from the world map forever! You know? Also, the Polish nation would most likely disappear from the face of the earth. In fact, Poland today exists only thanks to the USSR - it is undeniable. The paradox is that many poles criticize and hate the USSR, and they have this opportunity only because the USSR won and that 600,000 soldiers of the red army died during the liberation of Poland.
    The USSR was undeniably the lesser of two evils for Poland between occupation by the 3rd Riech or a puppet Soviet state, but it was an occupation and at times brutal because the little Georgian (sorry we cant say his name) hated them.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Bringing up examples of bad behavior by other nations does not exonerate the crimes of USSR.  
    Only for some reason you do not talk about other countries. You always and constantly talk only about the "bad" USSR and focus only on Soviet crimes. Every great country has its sins, absolutely every one.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    The USSR was undeniably the lesser of two evils for Poland between occupation by the 3rd Riech or a puppet Soviet state, but it was an occupation and at times brutal because the little Georgian (sorry we cant say his name) hated them.
    "Little Georgian" was the best friend of great Britain and the USA during the war. What did the Americans or the British not know about the essence of "little Georgian"? They were friends with him because it was profitable for them. Britain, the US and the "little Georgians" has divided the post-war world is not shrinking by any principles. That's hypocritical isn't it?  It is not necessary to apply to the Soviet Union of double standards. Write me personal messages on this forum, I'll talk with you on subject "bad the USSR" and rest "sinless" countries. We are far gone in the flood. To my deep regret, any mention of the USSR, the Eastern front, even in the context of the game, immediately causes terrible hatred among many forum members and they write different nonsense about "what the USSR was bad" and that it is "evil Empire".

"Friends"

• LOLGotYerTags
    13063 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just a reminder people to keep the political stuff out of the forum.

There are dedicated discussion boards for that kind of discussion ( google them ) 
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTZ_Dipsy said:
    Devs have stated numerous times that BFV isn't, and never will be, 100% historically accurate
    And this is the problem. Why even brand it as a WWII game in that case? Could have made a fictional WW and write the script to suit the narrative, and all the crap that has happened since would have been avoided.
    If you look at the pre-release stuff regarding BFV,  DICE do inexplicably state that this is their "take on ww2"..

Not  "we're going to make a WW2 that is 100% historically and factually correct"

So yes,  It is a WW2 game,  There are obviously some parts of WW2 that hasn't made it into past games,  And there are others that have been seen multiple times.

If it is not factual or even historically accurate, then it's NOT a WWII game IMO.
    Just because it didn't fit your POV about how a WWII game should be doesn't mean it's not a WWII inspired game. A game is a game, it's not a real life documentary. So did BF1 which is not a real WWI game by your standard. If you want a 100% historical accurate then what's the point of playing as an Axis or Allies soldier knowing that you'll lose because there're people screaming for the "historical accurate" so your fate is already written. What kind of history that the German lose the Battle of Rotterdam? What kind of history that the soldiers in WWII use jetpack in 1942?
    By that standard there're no WWII game at all.

I rather have a game that's balance and fun to play, not some forced historical game, because Battlefield was never a historical accurate game franchise.
    My initial post was in regards to the inclusion of certain 'features' that may not be discussed being put in game.
    Well then by now you have to know the game motto is "Coming Soon" already, i'm not gonna go around saying BFV is such a great game because it's not, it's a good game, i do enjoy playing it but the amount of bugs/glitches, missing contents and basic features/mechanic make me gone mad sometime.

BFV could be a great game if it's not ruined by their dumb decisions, one after another.
    I totally agree with this statement
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTZ_Dipsy said:
    Devs have stated numerous times that BFV isn't, and never will be, 100% historically accurate
    And this is the problem. Why even brand it as a WWII game in that case? Could have made a fictional WW and write the script to suit the narrative, and all the crap that has happened since would have been avoided.
    If you look at the pre-release stuff regarding BFV,  DICE do inexplicably state that this is their "take on ww2"..

Not  "we're going to make a WW2 that is 100% historically and factually correct"

So yes,  It is a WW2 game,  There are obviously some parts of WW2 that hasn't made it into past games,  And there are others that have been seen multiple times.

If it is not factual or even historically accurate, then it's NOT a WWII game IMO.
    Just because it didn't fit your POV about how a WWII game should be doesn't mean it's not a WWII inspired game. A game is a game, it's not a real life documentary. So did BF1 which is not a real WWI game by your standard. If you want a 100% historical accurate then what's the point of playing as an Axis or Allies soldier knowing that you'll lose because there're people screaming for the "historical accurate" so your fate is already written. What kind of history that the German lose the Battle of Rotterdam? What kind of history that the soldiers in WWII use jetpack in 1942?
    By that standard there're no WWII game at all.

I rather have a game that's balance and fun to play, not some forced historical game, because Battlefield was never a historical accurate game franchise.
    My initial post was in regards to the inclusion of certain 'features' that may not be discussed being put in game.
    Well then by now you have to know the game motto is "Coming Soon" already, i'm not gonna go around saying BFV is such a great game because it's not, it's a good game, i do enjoy playing it but the amount of bugs/glitches, missing contents and basic features/mechanic make me gone mad sometime.

BFV could be a great game if it's not ruined by their dumb decisions, one after another.
    I totally agree with this statement
    Yup, it isn't that BFV is a bad game, it's that it could easily have been so much better.
  • Hawxxeye
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE's ambition on historical accuracy is focused on making the reflex, nydar and Lattey sights to have as tinted glass as possible.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    A big reason the Red Army did so poorly when Germany attacked was that **** and his regime had purged the officer corps of thousands of officers often on trumped-up charges, many were executed after show trials.  The reason the people of Ukraine initially welcomed the German army was that a deliberate famine engineered by Moscow had killed millions of Ukrainians from starvation--the most widely accepted number being five million.  Soviet-era records revealed over fourteen million Soviet citizens were sent to the Gulags and almost two million of them died there, not counting many who were released when they developed incurable illnesses and technically didn't die in state custody.  Almost a million Soviet citizens were executed often without judicial process--one of them was the designer of an automatic cannon used on an attack aircraft, when it proved unreliable in use he was arrested and shot without trial.  Examination of Soviet-era records shows at least nine million Soviet citizens died as a direct result of state repression, with some scholars putting the number as high as twenty million if deaths from things like forced resettlement to Siberia and Central Asia are included.  All that means that ****-era repression killed as many Soviet citizens as died as a result of the German invasion.

For some reason you Soviet apologists tend to ignore that part of history.

What you wrote was rubbish and a common lie. Your lies are easily refuted. As you said 20 million of its citizens killed USSR + 27 mln USSR lost the war. That's 47 million. There are official statistics of the number of the population of the USSR and it all the time grew at a huge pace. In 1926 the population of the USSR 147 million, 1941 the population of the USSR 195 million. If the USSR had killed 20 million of its people, there would have been no such huge population growth. In 1991 the population of the USSR was 294 million. I want to avoid flooding, so such lies and nonsense let's discuss in private messages. I ask all members of the forum, if you hate the Soviet Union, to write me a personal message.   I wrote you a private message, check it out.
    PS I am not a Communist or a supporter of the USSR, I just love the objectivity.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    That's what weapons can appear in BF5 after entering the Soviet Union. What would you personally like to see?

• ninjapenquinuk
    Is Felix trying to say the deliberate Ukrainian famine wasnt a thing. WOW! 
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow this thread is weird and Nationalistic.

Yes it is.
  • fragnstein
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    DICE never said they will make a historical accuracy WWII nor they ever said anything about the chronological thing, they did said about the Tide of War to bring new theaters to the game. And that's probably a good thing because they never get the historical accurate, if you can please show me any of their game that's historical acccurate, not 1942 and not even Vietnam and BC2 Vietnam because i'm a Vietnamese myself.

There is a difference between "trying" to go chronologically and actually going chronologically. They never said it was a accurate 100%. But I read a lot early on about how new content would *try* (key word) to go in order. That was awhile ago, maybe they abandoned it. They did state that they wanted to do the "lesser known, less explored" battlefields. Unfortunately, most of those places are bland

They never said the game would be chronological. Please provide a link stating that. You can't ,because there is none. It's a misconception that many in the community thought would be cool, and have convinced themselves it's true
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    Is Felix trying to say the deliberate Ukrainian famine wasnt a thing. WOW! 

I wrote you a private message. Read. And my little advice: study the facts and not false propaganda of the cold war.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    I would like to see a good customization of the red army soldiers. For example, it would be good if the option "bulletproof vest" was available for Soviet soldiers.

It would also be possible to implement a flamethrower, which was in BF1

• fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That was an interesting read...

Regarding the Eastern front, why not throw the Finns in there? Some of the weapons used are already in the game.
This discussion has been closed.