BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• trip1ex
    4636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, BFV is super campy. But it's not a user issue. Go play other games like CSGO, Black Squad, BF3/BF4, Insurgency etc... You'll notice they're less campy. Campy, but less so. The reason is map design. Unlike BFV, the other games have more urban warfare in them. More complex structures, alleyways, complex buildings -- as opposed to the one or two story houses in BFV. The map design doesn't encourage players to camp, it doesn't make it particularly advantageous for them to camp. You can always anticipate where the enemy is going to be coming from and you can move in relative safety knowing that the enemy is somewhere *there*.

But in BFV with maps being nothing but open fields with trees, small houses, dirt and rocks everywhere the anticipation factor is much less effective. It's alot more random. When you can't effectively anticipate where the enemy is, you're more likely to hunker down and keep an eye out the horizon till some poor soul gets in your field of view and you take them out, then he calls you a camper in the chat.

It's not the players, it's the garbage map design.
     "You can always anticipate where the enemy is going to be coming from and you can move in relative safety knowing that the enemy is somewhere *there*."

Yep.  This is missing from BFV.   IT takes the game out of the game.  

• Dank_Jeezus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    I'm going to bump this everyday untill BFV is not a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

And if you do,  You will be infracted for spamming the forum.

AreaDeniaI said:

Legarhead said:
    I'm going to bump this everyday untill BFV is not a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

You are end bottom stats wise, bump your skills instead and stop blaming this game.

Do not statbash,  It also is a violation of the rules and it falls under "harassment / bullying".

Use me as your whipping post if you want. I’m pretty much middle of the road stat-wise and find bfv to be an insta kill/death bore with uninspiring gunplay and game breaking bugs.

Out of my platoon only one of us has a play style that suits bfv (hide and seek twitch shooter fan)

Personally I like twitch shooters as well, but not with 64 people and tons of visual clutter.

Competitive arcade shooters feels much better with the low ttk/ttd gunplay. I used to think of bf1 as a departure from that sort of gunplay.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17

Competitive arcade shooters feels much better with the low ttk/ttd gunplay.
    I strongly disagree. Faster TTK/D is much better. When you put a whole mag into someone and they keep running, that's just stupid. In my opinion.

Edit: I just realised I completely misread what you said! Sorry, never mind.
  • RABID_4TUNA
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Juanicee said:
    Yes, BFV is super campy. But it's not a user issue. Go play other games like CSGO, Black Squad, BF3/BF4, Insurgency etc... You'll notice they're less campy. Campy, but less so. The reason is map design. Unlike BFV, the other games have more urban warfare in them. More complex structures, alleyways, complex buildings -- as opposed to the one or two story houses in BFV. The map design doesn't encourage players to camp, it doesn't make it particularly advantageous for them to camp. You can always anticipate where the enemy is going to be coming from and you can move in relative safety knowing that the enemy is somewhere *there*.

But in BFV with maps being nothing but open fields with trees, small houses, dirt and rocks everywhere the anticipation factor is much less effective. It's alot more random. When you can't effectively anticipate where the enemy is, you're more likely to hunker down and keep an eye out the horizon till some poor soul gets in your field of view and you take them out, then he calls you a camper in the chat.

It's not the players, it's the garbage map design.
    Is that combined with bad visibility, no 3d spotting, assault + X3 scopes, M42, AT rifle, camping tanks, fast TTK, cheaters, network latency, zero balance.

There you have, a trash game.
    Try getting bum-rushed by level 500+ enemies, having guns that break in 10-20 shots, having to spend real-world money on repair kits just to repair everything you hold dear, having your stuff stolen by invisible forces, getting picked off by a level 500+ griefer the moment you leave the vault, and getting kicked out of a server for no apparent reason.

Is that a trash game to you?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like how it is, the best softcore mode yet. You have to pat more attention to your surroundings and use the right equipment. I play Breakthrough and Ops, Outpost atm, and I can't even count how many times I've seen teams lose because they refuse to use smoke when traversing open terrain ideal for sniping, not using enough medics, too many snipers when attacking, and timidness when capping an objective.
    Few people use their heads. BF5 has a learning curve but it's no worse than most other games. CoD is about knowing the maps, Fortnite is luck/tactics for surviving, BF is knowing the classes.
    If you think this is bad, play R6:Siege, The Last of Us, World of Tanks, etc.
    BF5 is not hard
    Well said.  I saw a post on Reddit where someone complaining about the game being "campy" etc. actually said that he realized he could adapt to BFV by altering his play style to take into account the folks hiding in dark corners etc., he just refuses to do so.  Okay, I guess he's at least being honest about it.  But it still amazes me that someone playing a new game which works differently from older games would think it makes more sense to be stubborn than to figure out how to play under the new conditions.  What happens when someone like that tries PUBG, does he refuse to take into account things like no spotting, no respawning, needing to find weapons and ammo?  I didn't have to go looking for weapons and ammo in Battlefield, so I'm not going to do that now--bang, dead.  You have to laugh at some of these opinions.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there’s two main issues that cause frustration and cause new players to quit.

1. The TTD problem which is lumped into the “net code” category that’s a big one. Wether people understand what is happening or not, it is a source of major frustration. I’m sure that’s where the complaints of the TTK being to fast are coming from. An insta-death is confusing and frustrating when it occurs repeatedly. That’s not how the game is supposed to be functioning but unless you are seeking out developer information you’ll assume that’s how they intended it.

2. Instant death can come from a prone player that simply could not be seen despite being within the players field of view. We have all been hiding in bushes etc for years, this time you can hide on a pile of rubble a few meters from the enemy. 

These two issues combined, are hurting the game. If they could be improved upon the game may be a less frustrating experience for a new player.

• Legarhead
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    Legarhead said:

And if you do,  You will be infracted for spamming

Sorry about that... but this post from BURGERKRIEG really hits the nail on the head for me about what I dont like about the game.

If I Play slow and took my time and look at surroundings before moving I end getting shot and killed by a run and gunner that I couldnt hear thier footsteps or shot buy a hidden player.

If I run a gun I mostly getting shot by a prone MMG .

Yes I know my stats suck...and they wont get better any time soon ... I'm on xbox and cant aim worth a dam . I respect you folks with a hi K/d ratio (wish I had your stats ) and there no way I can stand toe to toe with the majority of you and get my **** handed to me constantly . I wish they balance servers by your K/D ratio and let you play others with your same skill level.(overwatch has something like that.)
  • SirTerrible
    1630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My fav were floodzone roof campers. Must've had a lifespan of 2 seconds with how easily little birds could nuke them. Turns out campers aren't that bright.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guy kills you defending a point: Camper.Guy runs up to a window, looks out and kills you: Camper.Guy sees you, goes prone and sprays you down with his MMG: Camper.Guy is running along, sees enemies and takes cover behind a wall, peeks over and shoots you: Camper.Guy captures a point in a tank, kills you as you run in: Camper.Recon captures a point and kills you with iron sights or his pistol: Useless camping Recon.
    All the above, and more, have happened to me and I'm sure just about everyone else.

Just shut the hell up, seriously. Why are words like "woop" banned in the chat, when the word that needs banning more than any other, for gross misuse, is "camper".

Camping is a problem in BFV due to a combination of things including map design and guns (MMGs). Do you deny this fact?
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18

Camping is a problem in BFV due to a combination of things including map design and guns (MMGs). Do you deny this fact?
    My point is that people cry "camper" way too much, and most of the time when their killer wasn't actually camping. It's extremely annoying to have some little idiot shouting in the chat about how you're a camping noob, because his fragile little ego can't handle dying.

I don't think camping is a huge issue at all. If someone kills me from a bush, I'll go straight there, kill and and teabag him. No big deal.

I also don't call people campers in the chat. There's no way of knowing how long the guy was peeking out that window or over that wall.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    To the people saying “complainers call every death camping....”

Come on, what a weak response. People are stating the game is not fun, and that players are leaving in droves. Neither of which is an untrue statement.

I’m sure ...some are crying, but a lot of people here have made good points. Mostly to reflect on why the game is a flop, not to complain about a specific death.
    I get called a camper constantly, when that is really not my style. Even with an MMG, I will move on after a couple of kills because I know my victims are coming back for me. People cry "camper" to try and help their bruised egos. "Hey guys, I only died because that noob was camping, OK, I swear I'm actually really good and never usually die, it's just that this guy is a camping noob, who's with me?".
  • BURGERKRIEG
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    The word “camping” in this context, came directly into the parlance of gamers from FPS titles.

It is part of the fabric of the genre. It’s to be expected and is a valid tactic.

BFV’s problem is that an enemy can lay prone within the field of view of a player and not be noticed.

This means scanning every inch of the screen constantly and playing 100+ hours to learn where enemies are likely to be.

That’s tiresome. Those players that would play BF to relax with friends at the weekend are unlikely to commit to that level of work before entertainment is gleaned from the game.