[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter - PS4

Comments

• KingRofty
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently a patch is coming in the next two weeks that will fix all stuttering for good.

I live in hope.
  • ALANAKKO
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haha , yeah a pig just flew past my window aswell 🤣
  • Baabbas
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Apparently a patch is coming in the next two weeks that will fix all stuttering for good.

I live in hope.

That means....
    Along with the new map?
    At this point I really just want to play again the game
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Baabbas said:

I live in hope.

That means....
    Along with the new map?
    Same man. This is madness, it's a widespread, gamebreaking problem and there seems to be little in the way of urgency. 

I'm going to don plenty of tin foil here, if there isn't a fix for this within the next few weeks then the "powers that be" are just letting this game fizzle out. They must have lost thousands of players and surely there is a time window of getting them back before they move on or just decide to wait till COD in October. 
  • ALANAKKO
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Baabbas said:

I live in hope.

That means....
    Along with the new map?

I haven’t even been able to play the last new map yet ! 🤣
  • ALANAKKO
    edited June 19
    Did a search on censortube to see if anybody was streaming on a pro and they didn’t seem to have anywhere near the level of stuttering I have , Also  I was having some issue with black screen flickers , Samsung mu8000 4K tv after a bit of looking around I found a thread saying to disable the HDCP in the settings
    also in safe mode turn it from auto to 1.4 

so I did all that and turned off hdr , bf5 seems to be a little better , but also there was one of those small updates earlier on my system 

so give that a try and see if it helps anyone , I mean it’s still crap , just not quite as crap ...lol
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    an update on my part> i disabled my SSD for my Pro
    Result> better performance & smooth gameplay
    bad USB ports on my Pro?
    bad SSD? (Samsung lol)
  • ALANAKKO
    Lol , there’s only one way to fix this game #uninstall/forget
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 23
    I recently started playing battlefield 1 again after a hiatus, I noticed that I was having sudden stutters at random. Glad to see that others are also experiencing this issue, then at least there is a tiny smidge of hope that it might get fixed.

Ah nvm, I was googling this problem for bf1, and appearantly it showed me results for bf5 instead
  • Bi0Rob0t
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Post patch still stuttering! I'm done with it, time to move on. Once bitten twice shy for the next BF!
  • maskedocelot
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Freeze on kill with tanks still exists =[
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    FFS. UK based, I can well believe you but am going to confirm later. If true, it's uninstall and trade in time. It's been over 2 months now. 
    TBM's on the PS4 streaming now and it looks fine though tbh. 
  • KingRofty
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FFS. UK based, I can well believe you but am going to confirm later. If true, it's uninstall and trade in time. It's been over 2 months now. 
    TBM's on the PS4 streaming now and it looks fine though tbh. 
    He is playing BF1 now. :smiley:

• KingRofty
    It seems BF V is a bit smoother to play now, but I'll have to test it a bit more.....
  • plasticman883
    It seems to be fixed now, happy days.
  • Baabbas
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    been playing this afternoon, seems better TBH.
    I also cleared all my tracked assignments (some youtubers say it makes a difference).
    there were still some hickups.... but so far nothing like before...
    time will tell

• blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Went on last night with 8 platoonies and 5 of us were have the same problems, one of them @dcs500 said once you get a kill in the tank 2nd machine gun it freezes, shot the walls, hit detection is a mess, stuttereing, players running on the spot, @hjm600rr spawned without a gun, i had an error and the game closed so had to restart it.
    We can go play BF1 and it runs like a dream, even on BF4 it's not so bad.Dice did say they were working hard on a fix but hey at least they gave the weapons some new skins  :D
  • Bi0Rob0t
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Heartened by people saying it was fine for them I tried again but I'm still having issues. The best way to describe it is like a constant judder it feels like I'm playing at 24fps and skipping frames. Playing through it the hit detection seems fine it just makes me feel nauseous to play for any length of time. This only happens on 64 player servers, squad conquest etc are fine & like all game modes used to play a couple of months ago.
  • dcs500
    1407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Went on last night with 8 platoonies and 5 of us were have the same problems, one of them @dcs500 said once you get a kill in the tank 2nd machine gun it freezes, shot the walls, hit detection is a mess, stuttereing, players running on the spot, @hjm600rr spawned without a gun, i had an error and the game closed so had to restart it.
    We can go play BF1 and it runs like a dream, even on BF4 it's not so bad.Dice did say they were working hard on a fix but hey at least they gave the weapons some new skins  :D
    Yeah, but the freezing from tank kills isn't a new bug, that BS started two updates ago.