Distortion of history in BF5

12346»

Comments

• suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dcs500 said:
    It's a game, not a documentary.
    The thing that confuses me about this bent go-to response is: 
    What then is the reason for basing DLC on the chronological order that the war played out? 

What's the justification for not launching with USA, Japan etc etc? Why bother with "the lesser known battles of WW2" AT ALL??

• xKusagamix
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    dcs500 said:
    It's a game, not a documentary.

The thing that confuses me about this bent go-to response is: 
    What then is the reason for basing DLC on the chronological order that the war played out? 

What's the justification for not launching with USA, Japan etc etc? Why bother with "the lesser known battles of WW2" AT ALL??
    There is no "chronological order" to begin with, DICE never said anything about that. Simply a widespread misunderstood.
    The only thing they ever mention is Tide of War which bring other theaters to the game.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Jokerdef said:
    This kind of distortion of history is very common today by the Russians. It is a state run propaganda system and we in the free Skandinavian counties (and clearly other free western countries) know very well how dangerous this kind of lying is. It's a shame that even video games are attacked by these lies and false truths. The USSR granted nothing but death and destruction to the free world. Just another terror nation like **** Germany, only far more effective in murdering millions of people for their own good. With the cost of their own people. 

Write argumentatively. You just write a lie based on negative emotions to the USSR. Yes, the USSR attacked Finland in 1939 (you can blame the USSR, but I gave the objective reasons for this attack) In 1940, the USSR defeated Finland, while suffering heavy losses. In 1940, a peace was concluded between the USSR and Finland in which Finland lost most of its territory, which was ceded to the Soviet Union. But then what? In 1941 Finland had violated the peace Treaty and attacked together with Germany, the Soviet Union (ie have done the same thing that the Soviet Union in 1939), Finland was full of hatred and revenge, but Finland lost again, this time in 1944. The Finns realized that the Soviet Union wins the war, and hastened to conclude peace with the Soviet Union, Finland was betrayed by its ally Germany, the Finnish troops even fought against Germany. I am 100% convinced that if the USSR had set itself the goal of completely defeating Finland,it would have done so. And then the USSR could do with Finland whatever he wanted. However, the USSR gave the Finns life and freedom. The fact that Finland today is not a member of NATO and is a neutral state is the result of its defeat in 1940 and 1944 and concluded between the USSR and Finland Treaty.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They make these Russian bots real good.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    The thing is 'The Great Patriotic War' as seen by the USSR/Russia, is viewed totally different to the WW2 that the 'West' views. I mean even the WW2 of the USA and UK can be painted and viewed differently.  To Russian, WW2 was a war of survival, and totally brutal - on both sides, as opposed to why the UK and US got involved.  Yes, the UK/USA/France etc appeased the little corporal but there were varying reasons for that , though not all honourable as you point out.
    The thing is a lot of Russians only see themselves as victims in WW2, which undoubtedly they were, but forgetting they were seen as very much the aggressors and oppressors to nations such as in the Baltics, Poland and Finland.  I mean even many Ukrainians initially welcomed the German advance as liberators. Your excuse for invading Finland is laughable. Yes the soviets may have wished for more defensive territory around Leningrad, but to then invade another country because they had the guts to actually say 'no' is hardly a just cause.  
    Yes, the attitude to the WW2 in Russia is special. This is no longer in any other country in the world. Since the Soviet Union suffered the most in this war, taking the brunt of the enemy. In Russia there is not a single family whose relatives did not suffer from this war, fought or died.For countries such as Britain or France (which was disgraced in WW2, but for some reason it was recorded in the "winners") is more important than the first world war, as these countries have lost much more soldiers killed in the first world war than in the WW2.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    Jokerdef said:
    The USSR granted nothing but death and destruction to the free world. 
    The USSR gave the "free world" life, destroying the greatest evil on earth in the history of mankind - N_a_z_i_s_m. The USSR was the first to enter outer space. The first man in the world who visited space-Soviet. You see the world in relation to the USSR only in one color-black. Only one anger and hatred to the USSR. Exclusively to one of the Soviet Union and only the Soviet Union. In the USSR, in addition to bad things, there were many good things : Completely free medicine, completely free education (which was one of the best in the world), strong science, people in the USSR were given free housing, provided free rest in sanatoriums or resorts. In the USSR there was a huge, multi-million population growth. Soviet weapons were one of the best in the world. You know little about the USSR, but believe me in the USSR there was a lot of good music, movies, literature and culture in General. Where you have so much hatred of the Soviet Union? What specifically, for you personally, the Soviet Union did wrong?
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @IIIIIFELIXIIIIII ok you’re now spreading propaganda and half truths.

Things aren’t free if they cost you your freedom and are of sub standards. Enough is enough. You were asked to stop and I’m at the point where although I find it funny I’m kind of disgusted by your ignoring and brushing over the lives cost for the things you are espousing as great.

It’s of no relevance to the original topic other than opinion pushed as fact to further some weird agenda.

It is ignorance and selfishness of the highest order. It lacks any respect for the dead which you are claiming to have.
  • ragnarok013
    3884 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    All right guys this thread as expected is getting political and starting to get personal so I'm going to close it before it gets nasty and goes completely off of the rails. Also just a reminder that intentionally circumventing the chat filter is not allowed.
This discussion has been closed.