Weekly Debrief

FIX THIS GAME ALREADY! (Battlefield Dive)

craigbxr
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 20
Dice, please. Are you serious with this half done piece of crap? I cannot handle these bugs anymore.:
- takes 5 minutes to quite a god damn match.
- even then, sometimes it just sits on the match screen... but at least I can watch the [Removed] tutorial video(?!)
- game STILL crashes 2-3x a session
- whole damn thing freezes every time I get a tank kill
- loading times for literally everything are complete garbage-- seriously, wtf is with that?
- game modes are limited 
- game constantly tells me there are new things to see in my classes-- spoiler alert: there aren't
- a couple seconds of a totally black screen when zooming in with sniper, or tank sometimes...
- completely trash meta-- totally unbalanced maps, classes, weapons, abilities... 

[You can be as negative as you want but keep it appropriate and constructive. ~Rtas]
Post edited by ragnarok013 on

Comments

• FF-Bulletsponge
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    Why don't you apply to work for DICE and try to fix the game for everyone?

While we wait for your apply........ inb4lockandban
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    INB4! 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    Whilst I agree with some of your points and I agree the game is in a poor state your aggression and language will mean only one thing. As Anne Robinson used to say 'Goodbye'
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    =====

• LEGATUS_SPQR
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game freezing using a tank? I like this feature. They should make this even for bipoted weapons and 3x sights
  • sabootheshaman
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My face bit is when people talk about technical problems and dont post the platform they are on.

That’s some thinking.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sadly the OP has had such a  poor experience that he is venting here.  I will wait for reviews before I make the next leap of faith.
  • TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It does actually take a long damn time to leave and join a match, they're not wrong about that.
  • NastySix
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 20
    I like the game and have no problems...except people from the other side of the pond in our EU servers..

Posting Sober makes no Sense

Btw the only other isseu I have is that I can't select an epic beard as cosmetic!

[Removed discussion of moderation ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • EA_Rtas
    393 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    edited June 20
    Alright I've edited the Original post as there were some totally unnecessary comments in there. You're completely entitled to give negative feedback and comments, I'm not going to stop you because feedback is always valuable, but there's a fine line there between constructive and non constructive. Keep it to the former and there'll be no issues. 

Keep this thread constructive and on topic or I'll be closing it, also knock it off with the moderation discussion it's against the rules. 
  • craigbxr
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    Feedback received, and heard-- can't really say the same for EA; If the language from my original post is so harsh that it detracts from my point, I offer this less emotional response:

The game seems half developed, or extremely rushed. There are major issues, regardless of the platform (for you folks who thought this rage post was some sort of plea for technical assistance-- it was not. I've given up on that long ago),  but if it helps you make sense of things, I am on Xbox. Ultimately, the concerns are relevant to PC or Console.

The UI is clunky and unrefined. It seems like a huge step backwards with regards to interacting with the menus: general functionality, long load times, inability to adjust vehicle load outs in-match (like you have always been able to do in the past), the fact that you can't change assignments on the fly (I mean... this one alone shows a pretty glaring lack of awareness), the glitchy lag when switching between player models, the hiccup you get when drilling down into a customization list, and the list goes on... and on... and also on. 

Bugs? Yeah, we got em, and too numerous to really list in a digestible way. Worse still, whenever one hole is plugged, it seems like 1-3 more spring a leak. It's like the game development version of a bad Abbott and Costello bit-- I don't know about all of you, but I'm not laughing.

Maybe some things have improved. Latest patch notes seem promising with regards to SOME of the headaches, but time will tell... I haven't managed to hop on since the patch dropped, because I've been playing BF1 instead-- I only started playing it a few weeks ago, and already I can see that it's a better made game. I get that BF1 was far from perfect at release, and that it's had more time to ripen over the last couple years, but BF5 feels like a huge step backwards. This is just not acceptable when dealing with a Triple A title, from the world's more lucrative video game developer. Maybe focus less on ramming ads for paid content down my throat at every single loading screen (of which there are PLENTY), and more on core mechanics or basic UI improvements.

I'm not going to get into all of the many, many other little things that constitute the death by a thousand cuts that is BFV, as the above is enough to show a pretty clear lack of completeness with this game. I'm upset because I am a diehard BF fan, and have been for years. Meaning that no matter how bad things get, I will just have ti suck it up, and keep shooting ****--  I mean German soldiers, and just hope and/or pray that some of the very core stuff gets some love. With all the dollars I have sunk into this franchise over the years, I believe I am entitled to the occasion freak out-- particularly after the sequence of frustrating events that preceded said freak out. You could say that this hate comes from a place of love, and in fact, I DO say that.

P.S. [removed due to bait]
  • craigbxr
    edited June 26
    [talk of moderation and continued bait removed by moderator]
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • Nutcrusherr
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    craigbxr wrote: »
    Feedback received, and heard-- can't really say the same for EA; If the language from my original post is so harsh that it detracts from my point, I offer this less emotional response:

The game seems half developed, or extremely rushed. There are major issues, regardless of the platform (for you folks who thought this rage post was some sort of plea for technical assistance-- it was not. I've given up on that long ago),  but if it helps you make sense of things, I am on Xbox. Ultimately, the concerns are relevant to PC or Console.

The UI is clunky and unrefined. It seems like a huge step backwards with regards to interacting with the menus: general functionality, long load times, inability to adjust vehicle load outs in-match (like you have always been able to do in the past), the fact that you can't change assignments on the fly (I mean... this one alone shows a pretty glaring lack of awareness), the glitchy lag when switching between player models, the hiccup you get when drilling down into a customization list, and the list goes on... and on... and also on. 

Bugs? Yeah, we got em, and too numerous to really list in a digestible way. Worse still, whenever one hole is plugged, it seems like 1-3 more spring a leak. It's like the game development version of a bad Abbott and Costello bit-- I don't know about all of you, but I'm not laughing.

Maybe some things have improved. Latest patch notes seem promising with regards to SOME of the headaches, but time will tell... I haven't managed to hop on since the patch dropped, because I've been playing BF1 instead-- I only started playing it a few weeks ago, and already I can see that it's a better made game. I get that BF1 was far from perfect at release, and that it's had more time to ripen over the last couple years, but BF5 feels like a huge step backwards. This is just not acceptable when dealing with a Triple A title, from the world's more lucrative video game developer. Maybe focus less on ramming ads for paid content down my throat at every single loading screen (of which there are PLENTY), and more on core mechanics or basic UI improvements.

I'm not going to get into all of the many, many other little things that constitute the death by a thousand cuts that is BFV, as the above is enough to show a pretty clear lack of completeness with this game. I'm upset because I am a diehard BF fan, and have been for years. Meaning that no matter how bad things get, I will just have ti suck it up, and keep shooting ****--  I mean German soldiers, and just hope and/or pray that some of the very core stuff gets some love. With all the dollars I have sunk into this franchise over the years, I believe I am entitled to the occasion freak out-- particularly after the sequence of frustrating events that preceded said freak out. You could say that this hate comes from a place of love, and in fact, I DO say that.

P.S. [removed due to bait]

I went into bf 1 as well, its a great game, very good atmosphere. Guns are actually working as they should, like you cant kill someone with an smg from a 100 meters but u can do that with any smg in bf5.
    No scope bolt actions are also better in bf1 and there is working anti cheat too. Wow. :D

I wish bf 5 will be fixed and close to the quality of bf 1.