BFV = Battlefield Heroes Rehash?

zenn_nme
751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Is Battlefield V actually a modern day non-cartoony Battlefield Heroes Rehash...?

Discuss.

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Far from it. 

Star Wars Battlefront is closer to BFH.
  • mcRen98
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    no but the scrapped archetype system did have a commando like class setup complete for stealth gameplay.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have nothing to add, except I like Commando's tie. It's a nice touch, but I hope it is a clip-on so he can't be choked with it.
  • ElliotLH
    7802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never played this but judging from YouTube videos it looks like a little bit like Fortnight.
  • zenn_nme
    751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At the time it was more on par with 'Team Fortress 2'. But if you google it; lots of outfits seem to be the same, they had a weird cosmetic system.
    The gameplay/modes obviously was signature BF-style, although it was in 3rd person only. Ofcourse WW2 weapons and some buildings look the same...
    They also had a map called 'Wicked Wake', based off of the arguably most popular Battlefield series map.
    And why does the Battlefield Heroes theme song seem to fit so good under the BFV reveal trailer!?  :p
  • ElliotLH
    7802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    At the time it was more on par with 'Team Fortress 2'. But if you google it; lots of outfits seem to be the same, they had a weird cosmetic system.The gameplay/modes obviously was signature BF-style, although it was in 3rd person only. Ofcourse WW2 weapons and some buildings look the same...
    They also had a map called 'Wicked Wake', based off of the arguably most popular Battlefield series map.
    And why does the Battlefield Heroes theme song seem to fit so good under the BFV reveal trailer!?  :p
    ()

Ah yes TF2 would be a better comparison.

The pop noise the tanks make when firing seemed fun.
  • m1k3ol
    811 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 21
    There's an unofficial wiki for the curious, and the amount of outfits was insane, of every theme and tie-in (the BFBC2 was on point with Haggard and Kirilenko)

The War Room game mode was fun, even if not perfect, I was wishing for Tides of War to be a mode like it when first mentioned