Weekly BF

Battlelog

2»

Comments

• SnipedArm
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It was over after they moved the forums.

R.I.P
  • IIPrest0nII
    1886 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Dice didn't make battlelog that was uprise.
    Whatever happened to Uprise?

I think nothing serious happened. Uprise is a developer of Battlelog, Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield Companion and they still continue to support these services.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

StarscreamUK said:
    Dice didn't make battlelog that was uprise.

Whatever happened to Uprise?

I think nothing serious happened. Uprise is a developer of Battlelog, Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield Companion and they still continue to support these services.

So if they still support it, why don't they make battlelog and a battlefield companion?
  • IIPrest0nII
    1886 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 19
    For Battlefield V? I don't know. This was probably the internal decision.  I don't know details and I don't need to know.

Edit: About Battlelog: https://twitter.com/Braddock512/status/1140926278628868096
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    EA: We will remove the ingame UI and force you to use Battlelog with your browser.
    Community: What a stupid idea!
    EA: OK Guys we will abandon Battlelog with BF1, just because... ($$$)
    Community: Are you stupid? We just got used to it and it has very usefull features!
    -
    Very clever :D What a wonder this company can't get anything done atm.
  • StarscreamUK
    7312 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    some members of the community were against battlelog all the way though

I preferred it, just a shame that the plugin side was blocked by google etc

• Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As I remember. Battlelog was the most hated thing in BF4 and now when it´s gone "pls bring back Battlelog, it was amaaazzzing <3"
    So many times it didn´g sync the stats so it kept me from joining. I liked it when it worked but it can´t be used for console so I understand why they threw it out.
    well the replacement to the battlelog is even worse... so the Log is the lesser evil
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA: We will remove the ingame UI and force you to use Battlelog with your browser.
    Community: What a stupid idea!
    EA: OK Guys we will abandon Battlelog with BF1, just because... ($$$)
    Community: Are you stupid? We just got used to it and it has very usefull features!
    -
    Very clever :D What a wonder this company can't get anything done atm.

Yeah it was controversial in BF3, don't forget that we had it for BF4 and Hardline and I think for MoH as well. It was a working system, and it was new, nobody had done it before, launching a game through a browser page.
    Now we have an in-game UI again and how does that fare? From beginning to the end it is plain awful, there is nothing good about the UI/UX in this game. It does not function, it is inconvenient, it is cumbersome, it is prone to bugs and it has a negative impact on performance. Additionally it also does not have any of the added features and benefits battlelog had to offer.
    Nobody would really care about battlelog anymore if they had replaced it with a working system, as there is a main menu in games for more than three decades now, there is nothing really you can do wrong, it is pretty much standardized, yet this game can absolutely break even the most fundamental game design.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Yeah nothing new, really. Not needed, since being able to do everything with 3 clicks in your browser that you have opened all the time anyway, and can double as a highly customizable stat platform is way less effective than an in-game UI that is designed to frustrate the player from the first second and keeps him from playing as long and inconvenient as possible.
    VincentNZ while I too am not surprised, Battlelog is in fact needed for community events because the ability to send out a link via social media to your player base and join said server with a single click was invaluable. One could also join servers directly from a friend's or acquaintance's Battlelog profile which was hugely convenient.
    Yeah and not only that, but for console it was really handy. So I disagree with Vincent's remark: "since being able to do everything with 3 clicks in your browser that you have opened all the time anyway,"

• VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Yeah nothing new, really. Not needed, since being able to do everything with 3 clicks in your browser that you have opened all the time anyway, and can double as a highly customizable stat platform is way less effective than an in-game UI that is designed to frustrate the player from the first second and keeps him from playing as long and inconvenient as possible.
    VincentNZ while I too am not surprised, Battlelog is in fact needed for community events because the ability to send out a link via social media to your player base and join said server with a single click was invaluable. One could also join servers directly from a friend's or acquaintance's Battlelog profile which was hugely convenient.
    Yeah and not only that, but for console it was really handy. So I disagree with Vincent's remark: "since being able to do everything with 3 clicks in your browser that you have opened all the time anyway,"

Was my sarcastic tone really that easy to overlook? I think battlelog was revolutionary and genius.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, that makes at least two of us that misunderstood your post. :)
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get that there were challenges updating the plugin constantly. I don't understand why they didn't integrate it into the game. An expanded and enhanced stats page could be revised every time Dice updated or patched the game.
  • StarscreamUK
    7312 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    it wasnt a case of updating the plugin, google (and others) dropped the plugin support so the plugin wouldnt work anymore.  You can still use the plugin if you download an older version of chrome for example that still has plugin support and disable chrome updates.
  • Matty101yttam
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally disliked battlelog, however i've never seen the point in devs constantly remaking and refitting server browsers all the time.
    Why players have to constantly ask for ping numbers rather than bars every time they try to reinvent the browser for every game.

It would be much easier just to incorporate everything into 1 server browser, and allow it to launch various games.
    Steam has a server browser like this, and i remember old 3rd party browsers working the same, back in ghost recon/r6 days. 
    Something that could be integrated into origin and actually make the client useful rather than an overhead and pita for players.
  • ragnarok013
    3322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    VincentNZ said:
    I really don't understand why they didn't put the Battlelog server browser UI into the in-game server browsers we've been getting since BF1 ... the Battlelog browser had much better functionality. In particular, it would tell you how many tickets were left in a match, preventing you from joining an unbalanced server.

On the other hand, I wasn't a fan of Battlelog for one very particular reason ... you had to use your web browser for it. I was fine with having all of it's other functions in the web browser version, but having a server browser for a mainstream FPS in your web browser was ... silly. It was absolutely silly in my eyes. If they could have implemented an in-game version of that browser, and keep the rest of the functionality tied to Battlelog's platform, I would have been fine with it. This isn't even mentioning all of the various Punkbuster errors I got with Battlelog, which ended up suspiciously disappearing once the in-game browser was introduced.
    They could have gone the Medal of Honor Warfighter route and serve both parties by giving an in game server browser or the option to use Battlelog Ferdinand_J_Foch. It was the best of both world IMO.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I really don't understand why they didn't put the Battlelog server browser UI into the in-game server browsers we've been getting since BF1 ... the Battlelog browser had much better functionality. In particular, it would tell you how many tickets were left in a match, preventing you from joining an unbalanced server.

On the other hand, I wasn't a fan of Battlelog for one very particular reason ... you had to use your web browser for it. I was fine with having all of it's other functions in the web browser version, but having a server browser for a mainstream FPS in your web browser was ... silly. It was absolutely silly in my eyes. If they could have implemented an in-game version of that browser, and keep the rest of the functionality tied to Battlelog's platform, I would have been fine with it. This isn't even mentioning all of the various Punkbuster errors I got with Battlelog, which ended up suspiciously disappearing once the in-game browser was introduced.
    They could have gone the Medal of Honor Warfighter route and serve both parties by giving an in game server browser or the option to use Battlelog Ferdinand_J_Foch. It was the best of both world IMO.
    Indeed. They could have pleased multiple parties by giving them multiple options and choices. Those who were able to utilise Battlelog to the finest could continue their work, and those who couldn't care less about Battlelog would still get a viable in-game alternative.

In fact, I've noticed this trend in a lot of games nowadays ... the lack of multiple options when it comes to gameplay or UI features ... that's a whole other topic though.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 20
    they got rid of it in my mind because console didn't have it.   And it's less work to make the same thing across all platforms.  

i liked the battlelog better though. 
  • Astr0damus
    But console did have it.. we just had to hop on our PC (yes elite-race, we do actually have PC's--I'm typing on one now... that's not directed at you @trip1ex ) and we could update our emblem, our load out, compare weapon strengths/weaknesses, see stats, etc..)
    I still use it for BF 4 to change my load out etc.. It's much easier than the clunky UI