This Week in Battlefield V

Stationary AA is a pure trash.

2»

Comments

• Khomrad_Dredge
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if AA did more modular damage.
    It could mess up pilots who recklessly rush it or don't pay attention without instantly blowing them out of the sky immediately.
    Make secondary weapons (Bombs, Rockets, etc.) a modular that can be damage or and disabled.
    That way this way the Fly Babies can have their fun and still get punished hard for being stupid.

• Hawxxeye
    5547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if AA did more modular damage.
    It could mess up pilots who recklessly rush it or don't pay attention without instantly blowing them out of the sky immediately.
    Make secondary weapons (Bombs, Rockets, etc.) a modular that can be damage or and disabled.
    That way this way the Fly Babies can have their fun and still get punished hard for being stupid.

The game does not need more annoying gimmicks.
    It is better if it is easier for the SAA to destroy a plane outright than to torture them into constant repair cycles.
  • BadShotLarry
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AA should never be able to kill the plane strafing at it change my mind

Its not like an AT stationary guarantees you will kill a tank pointing his cannon at you, but its somehow unfair when aircraft and up are involved.
        lol dude, ill take the AT/Tank fight all day, those field cannons are brutal. all AA does is give you tracers to show you where you need to go drop some bombs!
  • NuttysKunKs
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What’s even worse is Dice’s approach to balancing it.

Was crap then immense, no bad - now ****.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We've said it already. There were enough totally overpowered AAs in previous games. Let pilots have some fun once in a while.
  • ElliotLH
    8378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, its more like visibility is beyond garbage for planes so when you do see an AA you finally notice something on the ground
    Yep. It's like Christmas. Especially when they open up way too soon and lose the element of surprise. 
  • Fruxen
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 20
    Nah, its more like visibility is beyond garbage for planes so when you do see an AA you finally notice something on the ground.

We already had a game with busted beyond belief noob bait AA - in BF1 the AA could fire for 11 seconds without overheating, had proxy airburst 20 years before proximity fuses were developed and could kill every plane in 2 seconds tops.

It still wasn't enough and people whined all the time about planes, even though bombers were useless and couldn't escape an AA even if they were already mostly out of range when it started shooting. We don't need that ever again.

AA guns should be balanced like AT guns - a strong weapon, but not a guaranteed counter with 1/1000000th of the skill involved in using a plane. Even the VADS from BC2 wasn't as OP as the QF1 AA in BF1.
    BF1 eventually got AA decently balanced but it's not easy to make it perfect. BF1 AA are slightly overpowered against bad/medium skilled pilots and a bit underpowered against good pilots. Unbalanced situations planes vs infantry mostly uppear when there is no AA available, not because of AA themselves.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Getting on AA is death.

It attracts the attention of decent pilots, you’ll be bombed before you can stop them.

• Hawxxeye
    5547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We've said it already. There were enough totally overpowered AAs in previous games. Let pilots have some fun once in a while.
    Just a personal preference, but as a pilot I would like to have a better vision of the ground forces even at the cost of the ground forces being able to be a greater threat.
    The way we attack ground forces almost blindly in BFV feels more like playing Battleship tabletop games.
  • NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No problem with having capable vehicles/planes, right now they are unable to make a difference in for example breakthrough.

But right now ONLY fighters pilots have fun ... so more damage to fighters from (S)AA would be welcome.
  • Hawxxeye
    NLBartmaN said:
    No problem with having capable vehicles/planes, right now they are unable to make a difference in for example breakthrough.

But right now ONLY fighters pilots have fun ... so more damage to fighters from (S)AA would be welcome.
    I do not understand why they changed that a few updates ago.
    Before that it was like this:
    Fighters > Bombers > AA > Fighters
    That patch broke the rock paper scissors and made the scissors able to avoid rock.
    The only hope that a bomber has right now is to have the front gunner upgrade that gives you that extra  rear seat that has a view of the bottom of the plane (the side fighters prefer to go for) and has a much higher RoF  than the top rear gun.
    The not so good fighter pilots underestimate the bottom MG and they often get owned by getting too close.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My thought to fix it is this...random pilot deaths.  Have some kind of metric where the pilot can't be killed if the plane is above 30-40% health but after that there is a 10-15% chance that an AA shell will kill them.

Obviously there aren't any stats for this but I'm willing to bet that a good amount of planes shot down in WWII were still functional but had a dead pilot in them who took a piece of flak shell through the face or chest.

I like to fly in this game and knowing the AA could kill me would make me treat them in a more fun and realistic way.  Right now I just see the AA shooting at me, immediately point my plane right at it and with no fear charge it and bomb it.  0 worry I will die from it right now.
  • Raspu71nG
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SAA is ok, there are way too many AAs. and they can be moved to a different location.

if they increase its damage then they also have to change some things for the pilots, like
    - reduce its range
    - better zooming option on fighters,
    - AA changes color to red on the minimap like in BF1 when it is shooting.
    - option to replace bombs with rockers for the spitfire VA to attack it from distance.

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they must have nerfed the AA in BF 1 (as a side note) because I used to be able to take out a plane in one or two passes, but the other day, they just flew away repaired and came back and took me out. And yes, I know how to lead targets.

• Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 20
    AA should never be able to kill the plane strafing at it change my mind

Its not like an AT stationary guarantees you will kill a tank pointing his cannon at you, but its somehow unfair when aircraft and up are involved.
    It should, as it did in BF1 for example, the good pilots learn to dodge the AA for not being destroyed, but in BFV sometimes a plane fly above an AA gun without the minimal intention of dodging it, get a good amount of direct shots and even in those cases the plane get out the AA range without being destroyed.