I’m still supposed to actually PLAY the game right!?

caroliro
26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 22
I get that DICE/EA are trying to make some money with the elites and epic content being purchased but how about giving us the opportunity to play to unlock them as well? Also total ****. that Tides Chapter ends before next begins and I cant continue unlocks through play but can still pay to unlock them? Let me trade in company coin for B.C. or something! People don’t think $10.00 is kinda spendy for a cosmetic skin!?
Post edited by caroliro on

Comments

• NastySix
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it's kinda wierd...but you'll have time till Jan 2020..so save $5,- a week and have aprox $140,- to spend to unlock some or pre-order the delux BF6....

Btw, did I ever mention I would spend $20,- in a blink of an eye for my Günther to have a well groomed epic beard?
  • clubseal33
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    caroliro wrote: »
    I get that DICE/EA are trying to make some money with the elites and epic content being purchased but how about giving us the opportunity to play to unlock them as well? Also total ****. that Tides Chapter ends before next begins and I cant continue unlocks through play but can still pay to unlock them? Let me trade in company coin for B.C. or something! People don’t think $10.00 is kinda spendy for a cosmetic skin!?

Yeah, the Tides unlocks ground to a halt after they introduced BFC. But hey, we can pay an additional $40 for character skins we can't even see in a game we paid $60 for, so win-win-win!
  • clubseal33
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    I agree as I have a huge surplus of battle coins and nothing worth spending them on. What is elite about getting suckered into buying a second form of fake currency with real currency when we already had a fake in-game currency with nothing worth spending it on.

I might dust off the wallet for a buxom brunette in a camo halter and miniskirt combo lol

I'd love to agree with you if you hadn't encouraged this nonsense by accruing BFC
    [edited to conform to forum rules]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • sweetnuffalready
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'd love to agree with you if you hadn't encouraged this nonsense by accruing BFC
    [edited to conform to forum rules][/quote]

Did I get that backwards? I have a surplus of whichever coins we get for actually playing the game and completing the assignments. I have not spent any real money on the new fake currency that anyone can buy.
  • caroliro
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 5

[edited to conform to forum rules

My point was I should be able to earn everything through playing. Charge for cosmetics if they need to but give us some way to earn them through playing.(I.e some conversion rate of nearly useless Company Coin to Battlefield Currency) They made the thing for people to play! I’m not paying $10.00 for a skin...paying extra for accessing content earlier?.....Most likely....
    Post edited by caroliro on
  • dustylamborghini
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think at least some of the items unlocked through tides of war are unlockable via company coin purchase, after some time has passed... I believe this is how I acquired the "ZK" smg for medic class.

I'm still with you, though. They also need people to populate their servers...?
    So, where's their incentive for continued play when highly desirable items fall permanently behind the pay wall?
  • RazorXXV
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to continue playing, but I purchased the Deluxe Edition, and even so I feel like I have been grinding an awful lot lately, only to unlock some skin or some random melee item. I refuse to give them the satisfaction of getting any more of my real world currency for any of these elite character skins. Besides that, I don't think they look that cool either. Take a look at what Bernard Law Montgomery, Erwin Rommel, Charles De Gaulle, and Omar Bradley looked like in the field. This is how I think elite characters should look, if they want to give them a fancy weapon, as an example, George Patton had a pair of Ivory handled revolvers, so something like that.
  • KingRofty
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RazorXXV said:
    I'm going to continue playing, but I purchased the Deluxe Edition, and even so I feel like I have been grinding an awful lot lately, only to unlock some skin or some random melee item. I refuse to give them the satisfaction of getting any more of my real world currency for any of these elite character skins. Besides that, I don't think they look that cool either. Take a look at what Bernard Law Montgomery, Erwin Rommel, Charles De Gaulle, and Omar Bradley looked like in the field. This is how I think elite characters should look, if they want to give them a fancy weapon, as an example, George Patton had a pair of Ivory handled revolvers, so something like that.
    Would be a little more realistic than that new Star Wars character, Ilse Schattenwolf. 
  • IDazzlerazzle
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really dont understand why people spend money on outfits in first person view game. You don't see it at all and it's not like enemy players take their sweet time to look at you before sending bullets. It's $10 for admiring skin in pre game lobby and then maybe if you end up in a best squad 

The silliest thing is when you see top squad at the end of the round and they have the same skin doing the same animation :P
  • KingRofty
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really dont understand why people spend money on outfits in first person view game. You don't see it at all and it's not like enemy players take their sweet time to look at you before sending bullets. It's $10 for admiring skin in pre game lobby and then maybe if you end up in a best squad 

The silliest thing is when you see top squad at the end of the round and they have the same skin doing the same animation :P
    It's just a personal thing, especially if you have put a lot of hours into the game.

Players do it for the same reason as when you buy a car - instead of opting for a boring white one, you would rather have the smoke grey metallic color. Even though you'll be driving in the car and won't be able to see the cool color much.

Different strokes for different okes?