Weekly BF

BFV: A case-study in camping

Astr0damus
2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
At the 11:35 mark he shows how he is laying on his back with the MG42 and is able to do an entire 360 degree spin while prone/on his back. This defies the logic of physics.
He seems pretty proud of himself.

Comments

• superteds
    1185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    great, thanks for sharing a youtube video and providing one line of content. the users of this forum will be enlightened by this topic. 
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    yeah thats not realistic you shouldnt be able to do 360 degree turn with a prone mg.

like no effort on your part, and guys are fighting to push to capture flags and you are blind killing them
    just no reward for players who play the objective.

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
     Not that this is a reality sim but it can be done in real life.

It is not possible. If you lie on your back, scoped in, you can turn to the left and to the right, but you cannot swing around 360 like an owl's neck (with your hips never moving)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    DICE have already said they are investigating the use of Proning on your back with an MMG. Not that this is a reality sim but it can be done in real life.

My feeling is that it should go.

I dont believe there is an issue with camping in BFV. There is more of an issue with people whining about camping, and not understanding its meaning and how that meaning isnt clear cut in BFV.
    I was under the impressions this was going to be removed, didn't they say so months ago?  I accidently did this last night with an LMG.  Some guy with a 300-400ms ping killed me twice because he wasn't where he appeared on my screen, I was shooting thin air.  The third time I hit the deck and ended up on my back so as he came into sight I really couldn't miss since he was coming straight at me, ping or no ping.  That someone with latency like that is allowed to bring lag and bad hit detection etc. to servers on the other side of the planet is ridiculous, EA needs to grow a spine and put in a ping cap.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Jezzzeh said:

It is not possible. If you lie on your back, scoped in, you can turn to the left and to the right, but you cannot swing around 360 like an owl's neck (with your hips never moving)

I should probably have been clearer. You are right that physical movement isnt possible but firing on your back would be.
  • NastySix
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    I should probably have been clearer. You are right that physical movement isnt possible but firing on your back would be.

Please explain how this works?

Bc I had the FN Mag as a personal weapon for 5 years and can not imagen firing that beast laying on my back and holding it with 2 hands..

• Tullzter
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    people seem to forget this is a video game
  • NastySix
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    people seem to forget this is a video game

Yes but when people say it can be done in real life...
  • MarxistDictator
    4946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    Jezzzeh said:

Yes, but how would the bipod work when the gun's weight is resting back on you in the rear? If they want to have stupid bipod on your back it should have a serious accuracy penalty.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    the trolls wont comment here when somebody makes a good point, they will run away, and pretend this thread doesn't exist. Or they will make off topic claims.
  • ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah that should go. Or at least be adjusted so that the bipod disengages.
  • EA_Rtas
    404 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Alright keep it on topic please.
  • MemesterChief
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait, this guy is literally right on top of the objective defending it, not from the corner of some random room rather defending it from oncoming enemies. The MG42 is extremely obvious with its sound and stream of bullets giving it away. He's not moving b/c he's already in a target rich enviorment and has no reason to, completely different from someone prone in the corner of some Devestation rubble waiting for the odd joe to pass by. He's a decent player against a clueless team and high-capacity weapons always shine in those situations.  
  • GeorgyRommel
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 21
    Wait, this guy is literally right on top of the objective defending it, not from the corner of some random room rather defending it from oncoming enemies.
    Cleverly defending objectives is no longer allowed! However, if you zerg back and forth while hip firing your laser medic SMG accompanied by your team mate spamming Panzerfausts, you're good to go.
  • ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait, this guy is literally right on top of the objective defending it, not from the corner of some random room rather defending it from oncoming enemies. The MG42 is extremely obvious with its sound and stream of bullets giving it away. He's not moving b/c he's already in a target rich enviorment and has no reason to, completely different from someone prone in the corner of some Devestation rubble waiting for the odd joe to pass by. He's a decent player against a clueless team and high-capacity weapons always shine in those situations.  
    I thought the point of the thread was about how their bipod doesn't disengage when they turn 360 degrees? That was my take on it anyway. Could have got the wrong end of the stick.
  • PackersDK
    771 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    Jezzzeh said:

I spent a year dragging an MG3 around the danish countryside, and fired 1000’s of rounds and I have to say I strongly disagree you could fire it on your back. 

Firstly, without the bipod (or some other support) you wouldn’t be able to control it. 

Secondly, your belly would block the bottom case ejecter and jam the weapon.

My first point obviously doesn’t stop you from actually shooting the weapon and killing clouds and tree tops. But jams would. And I really can’t think of a worse postion to fix jams on an MG3 than on your back with the weapon on your belly. 

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
  • Matty101yttam
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember a fair while back seeing a training video for riding in vehicles, one clip had the guy in the back of a vehicle with the bipod propped with his feet so he could fire out the back. Was that long ago i don't remember the specifics , but i do remember thinking...huh...that's cool.
    Looked fairly effective too, he seemed comfortable like he could hold that position for a while. Obviously it wasn't meant for accurate shooting but for convincing extreme tailgaters to back off.

• MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Theres always been things in Battlefield that defies physics since day dot. Camping has been in bf games aslong as you could go prone, the only noobs are the ones who thought otherwise. We never complained about this in bf2 /2142, I guess we could handle it back then.
  • G-Gnu
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    DICE have already said they are investigating the use of Proning on your back with an MMG. Not that this is a reality sim but it can be done in real life.

My feeling is that it should go.

I dont believe there is an issue with camping in BFV. There is more of an issue with people whining about camping, and not understanding its meaning and how that meaning isnt clear cut in BFV.
    That depends, you cant investigate every bush on the map to look if a bush wookie or a MMG redneck have set up a bipod tent there. 
    The big issue with this is still the damn bad visibility, there is too much clutter in this game even if you try to drop all that fancy S... to the lowest setting there is dust, smoke and trees that behaves like they live, indoor and outdoor light is just as awful as former iterations but with more clutter in the gfx department .  
    I understand that the graphics department want to push the boundaries, but some where you cross that border that it hurts the game play. Having stunning graphics in a single player campaign is no problem but in the multiplayer where stuff is going on every sec visibility is essential.