Revolver too strong and Pistols too weak?

LEGIJAS_CCCC
237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
in BF1 u saw People using all Pistols.... in V people only running around with the revolver... something is wrong with the Pistol balance i think

Comments

• Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    in BF1 u saw People using all Pistols.... in V people only running around with the revolver... something is wrong with the Pistol balance i think
    It all boils down to ROF vs. Damage, you can either have one or the other, not both in BFV which is kind of weird not having a balanced handgun
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know dude. I've been killed by lots of M1911 pistols recently. I even got out-shot by a Ruby in a 1v1 when I was using the Suomi in my last match.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you check out anyone streaming or you tubing, they are using the revolver.

It's extremely effective close quarters if you can land those shots on target.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be grateful if DICE decided to bring back the Obrez pistol from Battlefield 1 since it was the sidearm I used most and therefore I had the most kills with.
  • ragnarok013
    3966 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ElliotLH said:
    I don't know dude. I've been killed by lots of M1911 pistols recently. I even got out-shot by a Ruby in a 1v1 when I was using the Suomi in my last match.
    The M1911 has been super popular for years in several BF titles too as it's really an all around good pistol. Other pistols seem more niche to me. In BF5 I'm also a fan of the P-38 and P-08 but haven't really gotten into revolvers like in BF3 or BF4.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I got killed by a Ruby yesterday.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pistols are so weak while the Revolver is OP.

You need whole magazines to kill people with a Pistol.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    The M1911 has been super popular for years in several BF titles too as it's really an all around good pistol. Other pistols seem more niche to me. In BF5 I'm also a fan of the P-38 and P-08 but haven't really gotten into revolvers like in BF3 or BF4.
    Yep I fluttered back and forth between the M1911 and C96 in BF1, and the M1911 and G18 in BF4. The scope on it in BF4 was a nice touch too. They do seem quite niche to me in BFV as well and I've been sticking with the revolver for quite a while now due to the stopping power. I might give the repetierpistole another bash though.
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Revolver is fine, it's the rest of the pistols that are weak despite their rate of fire.
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Strange since sidearms was great in bf1.
    In bfv i go revolver on all
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In comparison to the other sidearms the Revolver is indeed a drastic outlier in terms of performance and works decently as a finisher and back-up weapon or even second primary with the high damage and long range. The rest suffer from stupidly fast damage drop-off, especially the ones with the lower ROF like the P08 and P38. The high ROF weapons work decently well as emergency weapons in extreme close ranges, yet beyond 10m are plain bad, because of their damage and weapon mechanics.
    Problem is, you can not really buff the pistols since you will directly hit SMG territory which have some poor outliers in the same niche like the MP34 or ZK, which sport a low ROF with roughly equal hipfire and close range capabilities.
    I would definitely not say no to another nerf to the revolver and a less threatening damage drop-off for all pistols, while also increasing base hipfire accuracy of the SMGs.
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    the sad thing is you shoot someone like 6 times with automatic assault rifle and he doesnt die, then the pistol kills you in 2 shots. 

• lllSTALINGRADlll
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All skill players who play for recon, armed with a sniper rifle (such as the player Stodeh), use only a revolver: Since the sniper rifle in the BF5 does not "oneshotkill" into the body and generally cause little damage, then quickly finish off the enemy with 1 shot, (after you hit the sniper rifle in the body and did not kill the enemy) can only with a revolver. Sniper rifle+revolver is the best bundle for the aggressive recon.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The revolver is fine but I would definitely consider buffing the other pistols.
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Yep had the same thing happen. Point blank suomi vs P08...dropped me instantly. Likely a combination of laggy server and a broken game but theres no way a secondary should outgun a primary weapon in cqc
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Just watch this video and you will understand everything.

• bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can't buff the pistols without buffing some of the slower firing smgs.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Revolver is the only properly balanced sidearm. The rest range from passable to complete and utter trash e.g. the Ruby.

In previous games sidearms could be almost as effective as primaries in CQC, and were meant to be an actual backup weapon that could hold its own, but had clear disadvantages like lower capacity and shorter damage drop off. In BFV pistols are a death sentence most of the time, because of gimped ROFs and damage drop off that's so short it basically starts at the barrel. Also, while I haven't tested this, I feel like in general pistols in BFV have worse hipfire accuracy than in previous games. Like the visual crosshair size is the same, but it seems like bullets fired tend to favor the outside of the cone. There have been so many times where I've had the hipfire crosshairs on an enemy with just the outer edge not on them, and I magdump and if I'm lucky 1 or 2 shots hit. Where do the other bullets go when 90% of the crosshair is over the enemy?
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pistols have a lot more hip fire spread in BFV than in BF1. They gave them a slight buff last patch but it didn't really make much of a difference. Pistols in BF1 were so good, if I was running low on ammo or I was in a tight spot where I couldn't reload my primary I never felt weak using my auto revolver. For a good stretch I used the Taschenpistole like a primary on certain maps so I could I use my dmr for longer ranges.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Poor pistols... you lack firepower. Weak... so terribly weak...

But I don't really see how you can buff them without nerfing the revolver.
This discussion has been closed.