New map has been delayed.

Comments

• Cannon-dale10
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Who said resources are being diverted?

I watch all the social media feeds and I saw no mention whatsoever of this supposed fact  ( show me a source for this claim )

DICE Stockholm deal with BFV,  Criterion handled firestorm separately.

It's likely DICE LA are working on other projects,  But iirc DICE Stockholm are the lead devs of V   

" I think because of low sales maybe some resources have been put on other projects. Just like any other business, sales are low, cut hours.  We probably will never know why the game lacks content is so plagued by issues. " - Cannon-dale10
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I watch all the social media feeds and I saw no mention whatsoever of this supposed fact  ( show me a source for this claim )

It's likely DICE LA are working on other projects,  But iirc DICE Stockholm are the lead devs of V
    Is DICE LA helping out with BF5 as well?  I know there's been speculation DICE LA already has 2+ years of work on BC3.  But BF5 was forced out before BC3 so BF5 had the least time and wasn't ready.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If you follow social media and lots of the devs you know lots have left the company after the BF V release or just before it and several of the "top devs" are working on a different project now.
  • Trokey66
    9107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The intimate knowledge of DICE's inner workings is astounding!

You'd think the people in this thread are regular attendees of their meetings/briefings.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NLBartmaN said:

If you follow social media and lots of the devs you know lots have left the company after the BF V release or just before it and several of the "top devs" are working on a different project now.
    Some left of their own volition,  I know a few that have moved on but stayed in the gaming industry,  instead of developing games,  one moved to a gaming company supplying clothing.

Nobody stays in one job in this industry for all that long.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's definetly disappointing. Not to make an excuse but we can always look at other games and say well atleast BFV isnt broken. WW3 has a free weekend right now and it literally is broken. It freezes for 3-4 seconds everytime you get in a firefight.
    WW3 was quite literally a loading screen simulator for it's first three days ... it took me 45 minutes to load into my first match. Before this free weekend was announced, the Steam page for WW3 community artworks was filled with all sorts of memes about loading screens. The best one was a picture of the WW3 loading screen with the title "Here's the whole game for free."

It's been a broken mess for quite some time now, though some recent updates have improved things a bit here and there. 

This "Battlefield killer" has a long way to go. I might try it again this weekend, just to see if it's finally got a playerbase for the long term.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't WWW3 developed by Farm 51? They have a total of 100 employees. They aren't owned by the largest video game publisher in the world with 1000s of employees and multiple studios all over the world like Dice. They also didn't sell 7 million copies of their last game.

Even though they produce products of similar quality, it's not a fair comparison.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    Isn't WWW3 developed by Farm 51? They have a total of 100 employees. They aren't owned by the largest video game publisher in the world with 1000s of employees and multiple studios all over the world like Dice. They also didn't sell 7 million copies of their last game.

Even though they produce products of similar quality, it's not a fair comparison.
    Certainly ... this makes it even more bizarre when you look at how people insisted that WW3 would be some sort of epic Battlefield killer. 

However, Farm 51 are not without significant blame. When they were doing private testing, their testers suggested that they do a public beta test before putting it out for early access. The developers did not listen, and thus, paid the price with a terrible first outing. For many people, this was considered as an 'official' release of sorts. It also didn't help when the devs were mocking DICE after BFV's reveal trailer, saying that WW3 was going to be the game that disgruntled BF fans were apparently clamouring for.

People said that WW3 was the game BF fans 'truly wanted after BF4' (I know I certainly didn't want another bloody modern shooter after having a mixed experience with BF4). This game was clearly overhyped, not just by it's fans, but by it's developers too. They promised a BF-esque experience, and to be honest, it looks like a lot of effort went into it. If the game was a lot more stable, it would be decent for it's asking price. Nonetheless, with only a smidgen of guns and only three maps, it's hard to say that this game will be at AAA quality any time soon judging by content alone.

Farm 51 has also started working on other projects already, despite undertaking a massive project at the moment whilst being a relatively tiny studio ... not exactly the smartest move.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Must be DICE hatin' season.
    I'm not hatin' on DICE but I think the disappointment at this stage is fully justified.
    I defended the game for quite some time against the more irrational critics, but it has become increasingly difficult to do that.  BF4 was horribly broken at launch, but during the long repair process they improved the network performance.  Contrast that with BFV which started off with network performance worse than BF1, and which has lost ground since as even DICE has admitted.  How does network performance get worse rather than better?  How is the anti-cheat still unable to catch blatant cheaters for such long periods of time--this week I've twice seen groups of hack users going for comedy, e.g. discussing their cheating in chat to amuse themselves.  How can a game that so far has had only two new maps be delaying a third map--DICE used to release four-map DLC several times a year.

In my mind BF was always a big game, but EA's business decisions for BFV have made it smaller and cheaper-feeling.  At this rate BF6 will be a mobile game they give away for free in hopes everyone will buy lots of cartoonish skins.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

If the game was a lot more stable, it would be decent for it's asking price. 
    Clever way of saying BFV is TOTAL GARBAGE -- considering that BFV is selling for less than 50% of the normal price. Lol.
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

Clever way of saying BFV is TOTAL GARBAGE -- considering that BFV is selling for less than 50% of the normal price. Lol.
    More or less it is in this state, not even those mechanics they could manage to implement  into the game works properly in the game.
    Those that promised and could not deliver they forgot to try to replace with something else that could work, which means that some mechanics in the game does not really work as intended.
    And then the "netcode" (sigh) and the bugs and the balance and sound that are missing and a never ending story of new bugs from patches.....and so on.
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any weapon balances in the next patch?
  • Phasedin
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It's almost as if you need content with a live service model. Who would've thought? No wonder ppl have already lost patience. Try releasing a finished game next time.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

More or less it is in this state, not even those mechanics they could manage to implement  into the game works properly in the game.
    Those that promised and could not deliver they forgot to try to replace with something else that could work, which means that some mechanics in the game does not really work as intended.
    And then the "netcode" (sigh) and the bugs and the balance and sound that are missing and a never ending story of new bugs from patches.....and so on.
    I think all this comes from the loss of some senior devs who have left the company, and the tight budget EA has imposed on the game since the ill-advised decision to change the business model to Live Service.  DICE could probably do a better job with more people, more time, and more money.  But a lot of folks think BFV is already a back-burner project, with most of DICE working on future titles.  So don't expect this to get any better, it's not like we're all going to stampede into buying Boins by the truckload and inspire EA to increase the budget.  What we've seen so far is pretty much what we'll see in future.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather they delay it than release some buggy mess that's gona crash the game.

Since when did stuff like that ever stop them!
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    They developed the frostbite engine and can't handle it?

Amateurs!!!
    I think a lot of the people who new this engine inside out have left the company tbh. It’s the usual case of when the talents gone things take a lot longer to sort.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    403 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE found the issue in the map in mode Conquest.
    But they test the map on other modes and there is no crash or issues. They can release the map on 27th, only no conquest mode because that have to be fixt.
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

I think all this comes from the loss of some senior devs who have left the company, and the tight budget EA has imposed on the game since the ill-advised decision to change the business model to Live Service.  DICE could probably do a better job with more people, more time, and more money.  But a lot of folks think BFV is already a back-burner project, with most of DICE working on future titles.  So don't expect this to get any better, it's not like we're all going to stampede into buying Boins by the truckload and inspire EA to increase the budget.  What we've seen so far is pretty much what we'll see in future.
    Yeah i am on the same page as you when it comes to the state of dev time and the game it self. 
    And about boins, i would never spend more money on something i think is not working properly and probably has no future to even. 
    Though, if they prove me wrong i might get some boins to buy a wig or something similar  :p.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     They can release the map on 27th, only no conquest mode because that have to be fixt.
    When <90% of the community is playing exclusively Conquest.