is battlefield 5 worth buying ?

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well what else you gonna buy?  No other Battlefield till 2020.  Unless your gonna hang onto Bad Company 2 and milk that till XBOX2 and PS5.  But even though Bad Company 2 is a hit or a miss for populated servers.  Barely any full servers now for it.  BF3 was so so.  BF4 and Hardline still has a few conquest servers full.  BF1 I haven't played in a while.  Shame EA killed off BF2MC servers.  I'd play that if it was backward compatible for XBOX1.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I would tell you to hold off from buying the game in it's current state. However, only you can truly determine if this game is for you or not ... all you'll get on these forums are responses from people with their own views or even biases. 

Some people say that BC2 was the best BF experience. Some people would say that BF4 was the best BF experience. Some people (such as myself) would say that BF3 or BF1 was the best BF experience. Some would even say that Hardline was the best in the franchise.

What a player considers as the best game in the franchise will affect their opinion on BFV. Lots of people who like the things that the franchise used to have, before BFV removed them, will have a negative opinion on the game from the get-go. Those who are happy that BFV has removed certain things, or even added certain things, will be positive about the game, no matter what.

There's currently no way to test the game for free, though I could be wrong here. If there was, you could have given this hypothetical free trial a go, just to see if you would enjoy the game or not.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a lot of fun to play IMO, but you will most likely also get frustrated with the game quite often.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wished I hadn’t. It was rushed to release. The priorities don’t seem to support fair play. You need to be on Reddit to know which direction they want to take us today. They release new modes of play like tossing mud against the wall hoping something will stick. I bought it thinking It would be similar to past BF releases in play and quality. It’s not. In my opinion this version of BF is a step backward. Once you figure out what’s really ruining the game your post will be closed. Smoke and mirrors. Somebody needs to clean house over there.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It takes a little while to get into the new mechanics, but once you do it's a very good game.  I didn't like it at first, but really love it now.
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Well what else you gonna buy?  No other Battlefield till 2020.  Unless your gonna hang onto Bad Company 2 and milk that till XBOX2 and PS5.  But even though Bad Company 2 is a hit or a miss for populated servers.  Barely any full servers now for it.  BF3 was so so.  BF4 and Hardline still has a few conquest servers full.  BF1 I haven't played in a while.  Shame EA killed off BF2MC servers.  I'd play that if it was backward compatible for XBOX1.

Pigeon holed aren’t we lol.
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    if you want to play a game full of bugs yes.
    like those kind of bugs where you have to restart the game every day.
    happens very often because this game quality is simply very low level.
    they dont check for quality they just release the game.

• SuperGamingSWE
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 

No its not worth to buy game 60 dollor and fake history like woman was enver in war with german or england litte map even battlefield 1 have more to do
  • BtheReaper49
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When The Broken Machine is streaming BF1 just as much as BFV that tells you something. Even he's pretty frustrated with the performance right now. I'm not sure it will get any better either. I think the horrible net code is just baked into this game
  • Zedon73
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well it has potential, not much different than BF3. Slightly worse though. Still plenty of hackers and a broken kill cam.
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No it's not worth it. The smgs are weaker compared to the other weapons. DICE is removing some game modes because they say that it's not populated enough to keep them running          Do not , i mean do not buy this this steamy pile of pooh. I mean they called us stupid , i gotta agree im stupid for buying it

• TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zedon73 wrote: »
    Well it has potential, not much different than BF3. Slightly worse though. Still plenty of hackers and a broken kill cam.

I don't think you played BF3 if you think even in the slightest that it and BFV are comparable in any way.
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zedon73 wrote: »

I don't think you played BF3 if you think even in the slightest that it and BFV are comparable in any way.
    Hell no , not even close
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The fact you can't discuss the impact a certain aspect of PC gaming has on Battlefield makes this thread completely pointless now.

BFV on console is worth $5 to $15 max.

BFV on PC is not worth buying. I can't say why I think that because you're not allowed to talk about it.
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm playing on PS4 in Europe and I would not pay much. Lately most of the of the servers have out of region players, which makes playing rather frustrating. In past two weeks I 've had four or five games where nobody had a latency over 100. Usually there  are 2-4 players with latency 150-220. Today I checked from couple of profiles what languages those high ping players had in their profile; US English, Japanese and Arabic. 

• Tr3nchdog
    warslag said:
    The fact you can't discuss the impact a certain aspect of PC gaming has on Battlefield makes this thread completely pointless now.

BFV on PC is not worth buying. I can't say why I think that because you're not allowed to talk about it.
    Not at all, but were
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Tr3nchdog said:
    warslag said:

Not at all, but were
    What do you mean by that?
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Currently it's all but unplayable, at least to me, because of stuttering and lag ever since today's update. Until that gets fixed then no, BFV is not worth buying
  • OutOfMyWayKid
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would not recommend anyone to buy this game, It's pure garbage.