bf5 poll

ukste
61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 21
With the game in its current state would you buy any new battlefield games ?

yes/no ?

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You buy a game like battlefield if you’re in the mood for a new shooter.
    And the group that buys regardless is fan based, and not that big a group I might add.
    So succes depends on the casual player, and the competition from other companies.
    Bf hardline was rejected by many bf players at the time, the beta wasn’t received all that positive. Still, people bought bf4 and 1.
    And if it’s on a budget of course.
    If they put up a trailer like no man’s sky, and put Sean Murray in the seat, everybody is gonna buy the next bf.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It says I already took the poll. I didn't.
  • G-Gnu
    1385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, will not touch this franchise again. 
    Game core quality is all time low and will probably never be better, they are in for it for the cash grab now days.
  • NN_Buzz12
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How can you ask this question while the bridge separating EA and it’s custom is fully engulfed in flames?
  • TheNoobPolice
    1574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 21
    I will judge each game on it's merits. I'm not gonna hold a grudge and play my consumer card like a tantrum'ing child.

With that said, If DICE continues with Boomerfield, and thinks that "punishing" game design is the way forward then I will look for a more fun, military themed ARCADE shooter to play; that is designed as an FPS first, and a "muh immersive sandbox war simulator" a very far behind second. There's a lot of stick in BFV, and I think it generally needs a bit more carrot.

The priority of these principles is important, and with BFV, for me, the priorities are askew.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will not buy BF6 at launch, I would consider it only if it clearly has outstanding gameplay.  But if the same negatives features of BFV are still there--no rented servers, poor network performance, Live Service, weak anti-cheat--I would be so turned off that it seems unlikely the gameplay could possibly be good enough to overcome those flaws.
  • Jinko_itx
    685 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely not, unless DICE puts more effort into Anti-Cheat and not protect the cheaters and condemn the honest players if suspicion arises. so until I see like 2 step verification or something... this is my last BF title!
  • SirBobdk
    3925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx said:
    Absolutely not, unless DICE puts more effort into Anti-Cheat and not protect the cheaters and condemn the honest players if suspicion arises. so until I see like 2 step verification or something... this is my last BF title!
    Have to say the same. Current AC is useless and we need to see something completely different. It should not only be effective but also transparent.
    I must also invest in a new PC and it will not happen if the current situation continues.
  • BlindChance
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 23

I bought ever title with the exception of BF 2142 and Hardline (AKA "Yo, I'm from the 'hood" demographic sales pitch). BF games were always buggy and poorly balanced at launch, but the new "game as a service" approach just pushed this to unacceptable levels.

No, I would not buy a new title, not at the price tag EA tries to sell them, unless I was sure it delivers a reasonable levels of quality and content. Especially with the recent trend of doubling the price tag of so called AAA+ games when compared to 10+ years ago and delivering half of their predecessors’ quality.

My main frustrations with BF franchise are:

• General game quality at launch, number of less and more bugs, with many serious issues taking up to 12 months to fix (some never gain addressed)

• Game stability. A sizeable portion of PC playerbase (but not only) complain about the game crashes, just look at now legendary BF1 thread, which ended up with 500/600? pages long describing that very issue. That thread was going since 2016 and is still active even in 2019

• Game FPS performance. With DICE constantly trying to improve graphical fidelity, they started to neglect frame rates. BF is a first person shooter. Being unable to maintain stable frames per second on a medium/high end PC is unacceptable for a FPS title. With some settings tweaks 120+ FPS should be easy enough. Over-bloated graphics also feed another problem

• In-game visibility and poor audio. The game offers too much visual clutter. Directional audio and importance of communicating near threats is also bad. DICE seems to be unable to understand that footsteps are still to quiet and that vehicles engines are also way to quiet. I'm tired to stealth tanks, which you don't hear until they are literally on the top of you

• Below average map design. This is Battlefield, not Arma or Call of Duty. Maps should cater to BF strengths: arcade warfare combining THREE aspects on ALL maps: infantry, ground vehicles and aircraft. Maps should be designed to allow sensible level of balance for all forces. Sufficient amount of space for vehicles and indestructible cover for infantry to move around between ALL objectives. Popularity of maps like Metro isn't a metric you should design your maps around

• Too late involvement of Battlefield community in design of the new titles does not allow for feedback to make much difference in the final product. How many times you need to learn this lesson the hard way? You continue to release half-finished titles and design the game systems without community input

• The in-game progression/achievement system still remains a missed opportunity to teach players the core purpose of their combat role. I appreciate that to maintain BF “accessibility” - your business teams cares about - enforcing teamplay is a taboo subject and as easy as herding cats, but you have experienced game designers, don’t you? How hard it is to understand that encouraging class role actions over pointless challenges like (achieve 10 headshots in a cap zone, do 16 000 damage) should be a priority.

After 17 years, BF and I are going to take a break. I no longer have time for medicore games.

Post edited by BlindChance on
  • 1WarPig1
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, iv had enough of the same BF problems game after game, the netcode is the same with each game and the AC is nowhere to be found. I bought Hell Let Loose and it’s pretty good for a incomplete game,it’s a work in progress and they state that clearly before you buy the game.
  • CrashCA
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And their patches fix/improve things
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1WarPig1 said:
    No, iv had enough of the same BF problems game after game, the netcode is the same with each game and the AC is nowhere to be found. I bought Hell Let Loose and it’s pretty good for a incomplete game,it’s a work in progress and they state that clearly before you buy the game.
    The network performance in BFV is not the same as previous titles, it was demonstrated to be worse than that of BF1 when BFV launched, and even DICE has admitted it has developed more problems since then.   For long-time loyal BF customers this situation is astonishing, how can a new game actually be worse than older titles?  If there is a BF6 we'd be fools to even consider buying it until it had been on the market for long enough that it was clear how well it would run, how good the gameplay is, whether the anti-cheat is effective, if it will get new maps and other content at a rate similar to the older titles.  Until those questions are answered, why on earth would I buy another BF game?
  • STOPchris
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA completely lost my trust, I simply cannot buy from them ever again. 
  • parkingbrake
    STOPchris said:
    EA completely lost my trust, I simply cannot buy from them ever again. 
    I'd buy from them again if it was clear they had delivered what I want in a game.  But I stopped pre-ordering after BF4 for obvious reasons, and I waited until after launch to buy BFV which to me isn't such a bad game but is being held back by EA's foolish business decisions and Nu-DICE's relative incompetence (and their tight budget).  If there is a BF6 I will have to be convinced the gameplay is great, and even then outside factors like Live Service or no rented servers would be enough to stop me from buying.  Unless EA wakes up and returns BF to what make it great, I'm doubtful they'll ever see any of my money again.
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No anti cheat , hell yeah they can have my money
  • NN_Buzz12
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless of how the next game is marketed, they couldn’t convince me it’ll be better. This mistake and how EA is handling it is bringing down the house.
  • Z-Crashpilot1001
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    No
    1. Reloadbug, I mean seriously is it new to the Devs in every new BF iteration? 
    2. Not even GFX settings are saved consistently
    3. Constantly introducing new bugs
    4. TAA is forced on since they are not even able to debug their engine - because TAA is just to fix the broken engines color-flicker.
    5. The DLCs are so redickulously overdue
    6. Too many snipers with OP handguns, sometimes even 50% of a team are snipers. No suppression mechanics - even while being filled with bullets they are dishing out headshots. So it is sniper-elite.
    7. Important assets got nerfed into oblivion. Remember flying with the Apache in the range of an AA in BF4? The Apache was down in seconds - and that is exactly how it should be.
    8. Microtransactions
    9. This PUBG mode stinks as much as point 6. It is Battlefield, not sniper-elite or Pubg
    10. Fairfight is not working properly that is why so many Electronic Sports League and beyond skilled creatures come crawling under their pay to win rocks.
    etc......
    BF5 is the only BF I actually uninstalled why it is still active.
    I will re-install when things get better.