[Megathread] Performance issues/Stutter BF5 - PC

Comments

• CosmicDance2020
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DX 12 isn't working very well with BF V at the moment especially the Ray Tracing effects.
    I have an RTX card too but find DX 11 smooth with Future Frame Rendering on and running Intelligent Standby List Cleaner.

Andy
  • SteveZee
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really dont think the game is meant to be run forever. You're probably supposed to quit once you're done playing.
  • Aditrex
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l-SneakyBastrd-l i updated the gpu drivers sems to be fixed 
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is your CPU ?
    I've tried DXR with my 7700k and it works like dogcrap.
    You need at least 6 cores for DXR to properly work.
  • 7y7h9898
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    I observed that when i dont run game for a long time ( sitting Windows idle or pc off). And then when i first time run game and wait in standing in one place in game 13-14 hours it will crash. And on second time it will run 24 hours without crash.

But again i turn off pc or close game for hours and THEN in first time ( after break ) run game it crash after 13-14 hours.

Weird. Anyway i ignore this.:) Should i?
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JPhysics said:
    Regardless of his opinions, I see levelcap has mentioned it on his latest video

Exactly 

• jjscruff
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same for me, constant crashing Ryzen 5 , geforce 1060
  • CosmicDance2020
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if you were asking me or the op.
    Mine is a Ryzen 2700X, 16GB 3200 RAM, RTX 2070 8 GB, Asus B450 Plus Gaming mobo.

• Jinko_itx
    692 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it definitely freezes in the beginning of every match its very annoying, try turning on gpu restricted memory in the games settings try that, you might have to give it some time so the memory can reallocate or just restart.
  • Jinko_itx
    692 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    and yes, using DXR needs more cpu power than not having it on, example a good match for a 2070 is an i7 8700k, 2080 a i7 9700k and a 2080 ti/ i9 9900k
  • CartierOne
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,thanks for the replay , im having a i9 7920x so the procesor it;s not problem  i jsut got a new hot fix from nvidia 430.18 and now the dx12 it's wroking good but with out rtx on, when i acteivate the rtx on i still have alot of  stutter.

• ironorFe
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 23
    I get about 80-120 fps on ultra. However, I just got a 144hz monitor and so I decide to put my settings on low to get max fps. I get about 90-130. My specs: i7 7700k rtx 2070 8gb ddr4 2133mhz no overclock with cpu. I’ve watched people with similar hardware get fps in the 180s. I run at 1080p dx12 this was happening before the recent bad performance update. FFR is on
  • UK_Servrs_Please
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think I might have found the answer for me. Just crashed again and I went straight to event viewer. Its something to do with the windows version 1809. Windows 10: User Profile Service Event ID 1534 warnings is the problem I have. Im going to follow this guide.

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/12/29/windows-10-user-profile-service-event-id-1534-warnings/

And will report the findings.

• Nutcrusherr
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On low i get like the same fps. 90-130 and sometimes even more.
    My spec is i76700k 16gb ram and gtx 1060.
    I think u need another 8gb ram.
    Tho wait for the patch next week, it suppose to fix the proble.
  • Korpisavu
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have to add to this problem that if I use "normal" settings like medium to ultra instead of my usual low settings I get spikes on both CPU and GPU that can be as long as 50-60ms at times, some maps and areas are worse than others. Its pretty much unplayable until I find the problem but it feels like Ive tested everything hardware-wise and my friends BFV experience on his pc is exactly the same and Ive seen it myself so yeah.. I dont know.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ironorFe said:
    I get about 80-120 fps on ultra. However, I just got a 144hz monitor and so I decide to put my settings on low to get max fps. I get about 90-130. My specs: i7 7700k rtx 2070 8gb ddr4 2133mhz no overclock with cpu. I’ve watched people with similar hardware get fps in the 180s. I run at 1080p dx12 this was happening before the recent bad performance update. FFR is on
    No one can get consistent 180 fps in this game with a 7700K even if it is OC'd to 5ghz on all cores.
    I've seen Shroud play it with his 9900k and he drops to 120-130(sometimes lower) range immediately when there is alot of action.

I have a similar rig and my fps drops to 110 range in the heat of  the battle, even down to 100 range if there is too much going on.

One of the recent patches broke the game. I used to have alot better fps. Also the graphic settings outside post process, mesh and effects don't have too much impact on the CPU. Try finding a sweet spot(nice graphics decent fps) and go with it. There is nothing yo ucan do to improve that fps at this point.
  • 7y7h9898
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello.

I get 2 crashes in Battlefield 5 with exception 0x887a0006. Event viewer said: display driver recovery.

This is exception code of crash:"0x887a0006 "according to MDMP WinDbG.

One time it crashed after 14 hours being in game,now it crashed after 2 minutes after started game.
    And again its fine its running.

Also in background have only gpuz and msi afterburner + rivatuner.

My pc:9900K 4.7 stock
    2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
    Corsair 850 RmX
    Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme ( stock ,no oc )

I am using the newest drivers nvidia.

Also i tested Unigine Heaven ,3dmark firestrike and other games for hours and no crashes.

Memtest86 no errors. RAM TEST no errors. Realbench ok.

Is my hardware faulty?
  • Nzz1
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's the game. We need a fix...
  • Fish7O2
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why haven't you tried updating to Windows 10 Version 1903?  
  • Aditrex
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i think there is problem something with ryzen cpus i dont see anyone crashing with intel cpu