Weekly BF

Upcoming AP mine nerf.

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1626 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    So long my dear old friend, I get emotional with goodbyes. :'(

• von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Better still than a nerf would be to make those supply stations dynamic, being able to build them wherever, then both you and your enemy need to locate these to mine them, which takes some actual effort.  Much more interesting gameplay closing in on supply stations in odd places trying to figure out if it's boobytrapped and where than people blindly rushing that usual spot on autosprint.
  • M_Rat13
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll take it due to the fact other explosives are getting nerfed too. The frag launcher/rocket launchers has been driving me crazy.
  • VoodooxHaze
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good.

• Hawxxeye
    6049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    I'll take it due to the fact other explosives are getting nerfed too. The frag launcher/rocket launchers has been driving me crazy.
    While I have not been bothered by AP mines, I had been hoping for a long time that something could be done for the real culprits like the PIAT Biats, The Frag Fur-Goats, the Pansy Fausts and the Dynamic Stickers.
  • M_Rat13
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    M_Rat13 said:
    While I have not been bothered by AP mines, I had been hoping for a long time that something could be done for the real culprits like the PIAT Biats, The Frag Fur-Goats, the Pansy Fausts and the Dynamic Stickers.

I don't think dynamite is that bad. In fact I think it's far less powerful compared to BF1. I'm sure buildings used to be able to be completely destroyed in that game...
  • Hawxxeye
    6049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    M_Rat13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    M_Rat13 said:

I don't think dynamite is that bad. In fact I think it's far less powerful compared to BF1. I'm sure buildings used to be able to be completely destroyed in that game...
    It is the thrown distance that is the problem. Every tanker who after getting double disable on engines and turret will tell you is how they hate these sticks being tossed to finish them off
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1922 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    M_Rat13 said:

It's not how powerful of not the dynamite is, it's how easy it is for people to spam. Im fine with the damage, but it should take longer to deploy, or be on a timer seeing as there is a lack or wires connecting it to a plunger! You could even have a selectable timer - 5/10/15 secs or something
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this is probably the best nerf in the game

ap mines/explosives
    sound/footsteps
    visibility/prone campers
    netcode/ttd

one less thing to worry about and one more reason to enjoy the game.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 24

ap mines/explosives
    sound/footsteps
    visibility/prone campers
    netcode/ttd

I have my reservations on whether the non AP mine explosives will be nerfed enough since they are assault exclusives and we all know how much DICE loves their action man.
  • ElliotLH
    8568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    MatthewSkeet said:

ap mines/explosives
    sound/footsteps
    visibility/prone campers
    netcode/ttd

I have my reservations on whether the non AP mine explosives will be nerfed enough since they are assault exclusives and we all know how much DICE loves their action man.

I'm calling it now that the frag grenade rifle changes are reverted quickly.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It not the weapon that is "skillless" it's the players who cannot avoid them or avoid fatal damage
    Agreed, I've died less than 30 times to AP mines in almost 300 hours.  Who is actually getting killed so often that the complain about them?  So now we have another weapon that will never be equipped...why not just give everyone a primary and secondary with grenades and call it a day BF?  

I just feel like this version is a stripped down version of previous titles.  No boats, vehicle roles are limited, 1 class does everything, etc. 
  • GeorgyRommel
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    AP mines were great at fending off / slowing down spawn trapping when you're stuck playing against a superior team. Now if I die trying to break out, mines vanish too. This renders them utterly useless for trying to slow down the zerg on the flanks of your home flag.

In relation to spawn trapping, will assaults still be able to spam PIATS in to the home spawn and farm kills? Or is it just frag grenades that are getting a nerf?
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It not the weapon that is "skillless" it's the players who cannot avoid them or avoid fatal damage
    Agreed, I've died less than 30 times to AP mines in almost 300 hours.  Who is actually getting killed so often that the complain about them?  So now we have another weapon that will never be equipped...why not just give everyone a primary and secondary with grenades and call it a day BF?  

I just feel like this version is a stripped down version of previous titles.  No boats, vehicle roles are limited, 1 class does everything, etc. 
    use of mines is very gamemode dependant. on breakthrough it's usually a main gadget to have
    furthermore, I dont know what you play on but PS4 is/was littered with AP mines. it's probably people who cannot play.
    ive probably died at least 100-200 times from them since I'm very aggressive the way I play and most of the time I am in a situation where looking for mines is either difficult or a waste of time
    ive seen players who would put 3 mines on the devastation around balcony church entrenches and just camp there.. guess what class could do this indefinitely.

another issue is that it never takes a single bullet to take it as you always miss the hit zone to trigger it. on top of that it literally discloses your location whether you walk on it or shoot it.

• DOX_aus
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Despawning AP mines is literally a megaton nerf without any other changes to them. Maybe if the despawn was like 60 secs after death or something not so aggressive like your bullets/shells disappearing midair on death.
  • mrtwotimes
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

use of mines is very gamemode dependant. on breakthrough it's usually a main gadget to have
    furthermore, I dont know what you play on but PS4 is/was littered with AP mines. it's probably people who cannot play.
    ive probably died at least 100-200 times from them since I'm very aggressive the way I play and most of the time I am in a situation where looking for mines is either difficult or a waste of time
    ive seen players who would put 3 mines on the devastation around balcony church entrenches and just camp there.. guess what class could do this indefinitely.

another issue is that it never takes a single bullet to take it as you always miss the hit zone to trigger it. on top of that it literally discloses your location whether you walk on it or shoot it.

So you want a weapon that doesn't have a negative affect on the enemy and very simple to destroy.... got it.   

I'm very aggressive player as many others and still not killed much by AP mines.   So there's that too.
  • VincentNZ
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:

I really do not see how this is a relevant cause of death to anyone. I consider myself as somewhat a fragrifle and PIAT abuser, and within the assault class it is one kill in ten with these explosives. If i factor in all classes and all explosive gadgets, I am talking about one in 25 kills, and that is without removing all the times I destroyed vehicles with the AT pistol, fragrifle and PIAT.
    So that would be also the average of getting killed by these things. I definitely die more to bombers, fighters and divebombers than to gadgets as infantry, as well as many class primaries. Plus the explosives take a huge tactical role, that needs to be filled, the role of indirect fire, and right now they all serve that purpose, similar to smoke grenades for medic or the flare for recon. Using these correctly is rather smart play, regardless of it's OHK ability.
    And don't fool yourself, Dynamite was not mentioned in that regard and that gadget is far more cheesable than the PIAT or any other explosive can ever be, since it is OHK, can be used direct and indirectly, against vehicles and infantry, can be thrown 20m with good precision and is not much slower to use as other explosives, especially with the nerfs to the frag rifle. If I want to abuse any gadget in the game, I would do so with dynamite.
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    MatthewSkeet said:

ap mines/explosives
    sound/footsteps
    visibility/prone campers
    netcode/ttd

The Frag launcher will now do a max damage of 80 instead of 100 now. The Piat ohk range is a radius of .25 meters, so you basically have to drop it right on someone for a ohk now.
  • spartanx169x
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently enough people have complained they can't see the glowing AP mines. So as per usual Dices solution is make them so nobody will ever use them again.
    Typical, I get killed by (insert name of weapon) and I refuse to adapt, so DICE should just nerf it or get rid of it--how many times have we been through this?
    This thing happenes literally with each bf game because the major part of the community is a bunch of whiners. And the worst part that they are whining about nonimportant things most of the time.
    While this true, I think  or  at least it appears that this happens in almost every single shooter at least that I have played- Halo, GOW, COD, Destiny,  Fortnite, etc.   Nerfs  are generally an attempt to keep people from leaving the game(any title). I  also suspect that this may be another one of those things that may be a bigger issue on one platform than another.  Over the weekend,  I played BFV for the first time in almost two months played for a couple of hrs. Not once did I even see a AP mine. (I play on Xbox X).  Is this another PC issue and not so much a console issue?