Can't Join Server After Update

ChickenTheTank
748 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm getting a server connect error every time i try to join firestorm. XB1X. The join option gets greyed out afterwords and a complete restart of the game is needed to try again.

Comments

• ezy_company
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same with me and  my friend, except we're on PC. We got into 2  games then everytime we try now it disconnects when joining the server???
  • Elhomerrro
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same. Ps4 acter update cant Connect to servers.
  • Bozman123
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here , do they actually know what they are doing lol...game dies more and more each day..
  • LuiGi_BRosSS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    I have the same problem on PC, can't join Firestorm server  :(
  • Elhomerrro
    They screw up machmaking. After finding 64 players algorithm don't stops and still try to add more players during game starts to run. And thats why its hard to have a good timing. Cause game starts slowly. They have to fix it cause its imposible to restart a geme each time
  • ChickenTheTank
    Elhomerrro wrote: »
    They screw up machmaking. After finding 64 players algorithm don't stops and still try to add more players during game starts to run. And thats why its hard to have a good timing. Cause game starts slowly. They have to fix it cause its imposible to restart a geme each time

This is unrelated to long start times. Games simply aren't connecting to servers at all abbey the update
  • Elhomerrro
    But sometimes im able to connect
  • jflove
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't connect to Firestorm matches either, Xbox. Multiplayer works fine
  • ChickenTheTank

You've gotten into a firestorm game within the last 2 hours?
  • AGA_Python
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same here..fire these people who are doing the updates,they are inept
  • Swoop
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since update got to play about ten games, but after end of every game of firestorm was crashing and said server disconnected. Would try rejoin but the play squad mode button was greyed out and could not use. Would have to reboot game to get it going again. Now just can't even start a game after about 8 tries...Firestorm is broken  
  • SHiFTY59_g9ltrl
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Same issue here.
    PS4, West EU.
    Matchmaking fails few seconds after matching me with a full squad with message "lost server connection".
    Kicks me out of Squad and leaves me in the firestorm menu, but all "Solo" and "Team" options are greyed out.

Good Update EA, well done for some random Triple-A-Title like Battlefield. You could compete with ubisoft in case of messing things up with a single game patch!

C'Ya in Blackout boys!
  • Elhomerrro

Yep I was able to connect 3 times. Rest of it server connection lost
  • SnookDoggDude
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Same issue here.
    PS4, West EU.
    Matchmaking fails few seconds after matching me with a full squad with message "lost server connection".
    Kicks me out of Squad and leaves me in the firestorm menu, but all "Solo" and "Team" options are greyed out.

Good Update EA, well done for some random Triple-A-Title like Battlefield. You could compete with ubisoft in case of messing things up with a single game patch!

C'Ya in Blackout boys!

Lmao real Battlefield players dont go to a less superior game, if you think a patch fixes everything then you're totally wrong, 1 piece of code to fix 1 thing can counter act with another making another glitch or bug, but "gamers" like yourself dont understand or know that behind a game fix, 90% of the time, comes with another flaw elsewhere, and lastly, anyone with any self respect wont be seeing you on Blackout, but enjoy your time there. [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • SnookDoggDude
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yep I was able to connect 3 times. Rest of it server connection lost

I got in to a single solo game and a single squad game before they took it down altogether
  • Kann0nF0dder
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Perfect Firestorm update, there is no bugs now and banned all cheaters 👍
  • nucfeuer
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same here ??? no connect avaible to play firestorm today 25.06.2019
  • Wboson
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Same issue here.
    PS4, West EU.

C'Ya in Blackout boys!

Lmao real Battlefield players dont go to a less superior game, if you think a patch fixes everything then you're totally wrong, 1 piece of code to fix 1 thing can counter act with another making another glitch or bug, but "gamers" like yourself dont understand or know that behind a game fix, 90% of the time, comes with another flaw elsewhere, and lastly, anyone with any self respect wont be seeing you on Blackout, but enjoy your time there. [Removed - CM]

It´s not about how bugs can occur on updates. It´s about EA not able to fix anything but making things only worse and worse.
    Matchmaking was bad, not better(even if it could be quickly fixed by just reducing the time to start the game from 300s to 180\150s) and now there´s no matchmaking at all.
    3 updates ago a horrible stutter was introduced, not still fixed. Update made things only worse by messing up FS alltogether.
    They finally fixed a bug where shooting from car made the game freeze- well, good for them, finally managed to fix a the bug that was introduced couple of updates ago.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • ChickenTheTank
    edited June 2019
    Wboson wrote: »
    SnookDoggDude said:

SHiFTY59_g9ltrl wrote: »
    Same issue here.

PS4, West EU.

C'Ya in Blackout boys!

Lmao real Battlefield players dont go to a less superior game, if you think a patch fixes everything then you're totally wrong, 1 piece of code to fix 1 thing can counter act with another making another glitch or bug, but "gamers" like yourself dont understand or know that behind a game fix, 90% of the time, comes with another flaw elsewhere, and lastly, anyone with any self respect wont be seeing you on Blackout, but enjoy your time there. [Removed - CM]

It´s not about how bugs can occur on updates. It´s about EA not able to fix anything but making things only worse and worse.Matchmaking was bad, not better(even if it could be quickly fixed by just reducing the time to start the game from 300s to 180\150s) and now there´s no matchmaking at all.3 updates ago a horrible stutter was introduced, not still fixed. Update made things only worse by messing up FS alltogether.They finally fixed a bug where shooting from car made the game freeze- well, good for them, finally managed to fix a the bug that was introduced couple of updates ago.

Dice definitely needs to reevaluate when they wait to address an issue on a regular release, and when emergency off-cycle releases should be done. For example, the tickets not displaying in breakthrough, and the music playing infinitely in breakthrough were two separate examples of bugs that should have been addressed way sooner than they were.

DICE needs better change management policies and protocols. They also need to open up the checkbook and bring back some senior coders who helped develop frostbite. I have a feeling there are few people left who truly know the code trees well.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ps4 alert show firestorm disabled due to matcakong. Ha ha ha