Plane hitboxes bugged with update

SpoopyNooper
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Played a few rounds and noticed especially with fighters that my shots didn't seem to be registering...after a while I found out that even though my bullets would hit the plane no damage was inflicted I could even see the sparks and the impacts hitting a bf 109 to no avail.
 It would seem that in order to hit a plane you now need to "miss" all of my shots were well in front of the plane obviously missing but I was getting normal damage done so fighters are obviously bugged now. Bombers to a much lesser extent. Stukas seem to be affected as well. I have yet to fly on the German side since the update but I would assume the British planes are also bugged as I had an AA tank shooting directly at me hitting my plane with no damage done.

Comments

• Carbonic
    1571 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 25
    Have not been flying in this patch yet so can't really comment on the specifics but I can tell that bug reports are best placed on https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/battlefield-v-bug-reports-en but you are ofc. free to have a discussion about it in here as well.
    Adding a link to a video with perfoverlay and networkgraph
    (as seen here:
    ) with the issues happening and text of what server + time will all help any developers as well I would imagine.

• SpoopyNooper
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    Have not been flying in this patch yet so can't really comment on the specifics but I can tell that bug reports are best placed on https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/battlefield-v-bug-reports-en but you are ofc. free to have a discussion about it in here as well.
    Adding a link to a video with perfoverlay and networkgraph
    (as seen here:
    ) with the issues happening and text of what server + time will all help any developers as well I would imagine.

yeah I figured I should post it there. (just made a bug report)  I dont post all that often but I guess this can be more of a PSA so that people aren't completely shocked when they deal no damage on hits it took a few rounds to get used to but hopefully this gets fixed soon >.>
  • ElliotLH
    8660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    This might be happening with tanks too. I just put an APCR round in to a Tiger from about 50m away and got no hits. Subsequent ones worked though.
  • okiie_918
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is probably the end of battlefield V and it's sad and even more pathetic tbh.
  • GeorgyRommel
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The bombers are going to love this.
  • okiie_918
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt it gets fixed any time soon. Propeller bug from launch still not fixed so it's probably the end of battlefield V as we know it.
  • IIMechatronikII
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is old bug. No damage. Previously it was(still is) in:
    - tank vs tank
    - tank vs plane. I still can't kill a plane in Pz 38t with APCR
    - tank vs stationary weapons.

Now this is in plane vs plane

New updates=new bugs

How long we have to play with this annoying "plane sound" ?
    It should be hot fix for this bug, not with update.

But they add new elites, so it's OK....
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nice DICE, you should be ashamed for your failures. Planes were already useless or beyond broken. Played narvik against 2 croatian players them one in va another one in vb. Me G2 or G6 alone. First 3 attacks on them DID NOT REGISTER. Usually after second wave they should have faceplanted.
     Got killed 6 times, was funny because all i was hearing was ding ding ding, no hitmarkers on them, nothing. In one dogfight i managed to do some 20 damage when from around 500 rounds i had like 100 left. On the other side, SITFIRES seemed to shoot nukes. I mean nuclear warheads. If they tailed me, which happened cause they were wingmen, in 2 seconds i was dead.
    Basically DICE, congrats you turned SPITFIRE in a Tiger tank, and BF 109 in a joke.
    The irony is that in game your imagined TIGER tank is a pile of trash.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its gonna be so good when VAs unload all 350 rounds into a bomber without killing it.
  • SpoopyNooper
    Its gonna be so good when VAs unload all 350 rounds into a bomber without killing it.

killing bombers wasnt really an issue it was really just the smaller planes fighters/stuka. The bomber is  bugged but the hitbox  is so large killing them is a non issue took a few more rounds then normal
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjLxu0VX5gA

Skip to 3 min. Enjoy your flight boys as imagined by DICE.

@Carbonic : Sry is nothing but a big flop again by DICE. Fighter vs fighter you need to unload your entire ammo cacapcity into enemy plane. Against bombers, well it gets interesting. If you hit them you do from +0 damage to a maxed +3 damage when game decides that a hit is a hit. I killed bombers only with rockets.

My ping is fine full bars 37 ping ms, PS4 wired with fiber connection.

tl/dr: Dont bother hoppin in planes. As usual DICE destroyed planes but funny enough Spitfires are registering a lot while BF109 is dinging spitfires like no tomorrow.

• IIMechatronikII
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @SmokeD_BabooN

Omg. I didn't now that is so bad. It's unplayable. If i were on your place -> Alt+ F4
    It's frustrating
  • SirBobdk
    4236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjLxu0VX5gA

Fighter vs fighter you need to unload your entire ammo cacapcity into enemy plane.

That's how it was in the Alpha???  lol
  • okiie_918
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    SmokeD_BabooN said:

Fighter vs fighter you need to unload your entire ammo cacapcity into enemy plane.

That's how it was in the Alpha???  lol

Was in alpha? It still is in alpha LMAO!
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    Sry boys I have MORE BAD news. The  new king of the skies as imagined by DICE post patch is Spitfire VB. Equip it with any heavy mg and or cannons and remeber this. First hits on any plane will go THROUGH the target no hits no nothing. From second strafe and so on if you have heavy mg/CANNONS/rockets, you will get hits from +1 to+20 COMBINED. If you have regular mgs dont bother, you will make damages if server decides from +0 to a max of +3 combined. Of course this means your first hits WONT REGISTER, your shells will go through target.

Because I had the time of being rustled by DICE again i played with STUKA B1 with default MGS against 2 bombers on Narvik. In half an hour I managed to hit them both for around 30-40%. They repaired quickly and dogfighted me like big bosses. No issues there, DICE has it's own world.

Enjoy those vids and remember +0 damage you get prompted a lot because DICE logic, and do not forget to equip cannons on all planes/rockets/heavy mg/s. Aside that you cant kill anything, no matter how skilled you are. Obtaining a kill with G2 OR g6 AGAINST vb IS THE ULTIMATE PINACCLE OF SKILL. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CeXMOrFNOo
  • Noodlesocks
    3146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    okiie_918 said:
    I doubt it gets fixed any time soon. Propeller bug from launch still not fixed so it's probably the end of battlefield V as we know it.
    Sadly it is very possible it will be another 2-4 weeks until they fix this. Dice Sweden don't normally do hotfixes.
  • NLBartmaN
    3645 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could finally fly with a bomber today, very happy with this!

I hope it is a deliberate nerf for the insane OP fighters.
  • RamFrog
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't get anything done with machine guns or cannons. I shot some planes down by leading them so much,that the bullets missed and then they did damage.

Well, it'll be happy hunting with bombers for a month or so.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flew planes today... Can absolutely confirm that dogfighting is crap.  Also it seemed there were some hit issues during ground play as well.  When will they fix this?  Who knows... BUT... irony ... anyone?  DICE accidentally releases sweet sweet skins for vehicles intended for Boin but was available with CC's... that fix?  Oh that fix came within a matter of HOURS... hmmmmmm.  Nothing says we care about our customers and our products like having bugs last for MONTHS... but something so small as a skin that could be sold for real $$ being available for in game grind... that fix can't come fast enough.  This patch has worsened my overall game play experience... just like the last one and the last one before that... but you do you DICE.  Nevermind this long term (BF2) customer... you keep hotfixing those boin issues.