Has anybody got any faith left in the developers of DICE at this point?

VOLBANKER
959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
First thing I see when logging on today after the update is some text in red saying there is a problem with Firestorm.
Now, an hour later, it says they have disabled Firestorm and hope to have a fix ready for tomorrow.
Don't these guys TEST their updates before releasing them?
For the zillionth time this makes me wonder if the developers (left) at DICE are competent at making and maintaining a AAA title.
Does anyone - anyone at all - (still) believe in these guys?

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    One thing that would help is if DICE stopped doing these "Big Bang"-updates once or twice a month and made things this way instead:

- Keep each update small and focused, i.e. the Firestorm changes of this update should be 1 separate update, then the Medic create / Ammo crate changes should be another separate update at a later time and so on

- Test each small and focused update intensely

- Add it to the game

and finally:

- Make sure the changes in each small and focused update are working properly before introducing more updates

It is much, much easier to handle changes this way as a developer.
  • VOLBANKER
    Bugs in this kind of small and focused updates would be much, much simpler to find and fix.

What's more, we wouldn't have a zillion different bugs in a zillion different parts of the game affecting a zillion of us players.
  • RichardSinerface
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE didn't make Firestorm. Criterion did. Is there any wonder that DICE would mess it up with a patch?

Did you not wonder why Firestorm seemed a bit better than multiplayer? With fewer bugs/issues? Now you know why. And know you know why Firestorm is going to go the same way as BF5 as Criterion is out of the picture and now its all up to DICE. 

I don't hold any hope. I appreciate that the game is in a better place now than a couple of months ago but  that really isn't much of an achievement. Easy to go up when you are so close to the bottom. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    Losing faith rapidly. DICE / EA's QA appears to be non existent. Pretty damn poor that so many easily spotted issues get through. Do they actually play-test the game? If they want to employ me as a playtester I'm available for £50k per year and if they throw in 50k Battlefield Currency I'm 100% theirs. 

On a side note - thanks for knifing me last night VOLBANKER, I only stuck around because I saw you on then I realised Fjell CQ is dreadful so had to go. I actually kind of enjoyed being knifed by someone I kind or know - reminds me of BF clan days :smiley:
  • hkeric8280
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FPS dropping problem become more often since this new patch
  • VOLBANKER
    On a side note - thanks for knifing me last night VOLBANKER, I only stuck around because I saw you on then I realised Fjell CQ is dreadful so had to go. I actually kind of enjoyed being knifed by someone I kind or know - reminds me of BF clan days :smiley:
    Haha  :) TBH I didn't even notice I melee'd you and btw. knives ain't my thing - I'm a shovel-guy  B)

Yes, it's much more fun when people you "know" are online. I've seen a few of the guys from this forum.
    Will send a friend request !
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have ZERO trust in EA.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Losing faith rapidly. DICE / EA's QA appears to be non existent. Pretty damn poor that so many easily spotted issues get through. Do they actually play-test the game? If they want to employ me as a playtester I'm available for £50k per year and if they throw in 50k Battlefield Currency I'm 100% theirs. 

I'll do it for 35k euros per year, no problem. 
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't liked a DICE game for 6 years. I had a pretty intense hatred of BF1 for a long time, but after playing BFV I look back and maybe it wasn't so bad, comparatively.
  • MarxistDictator
    4873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    I think I played BF V once so far this year so no. I just wanted to use the Chauchat which looks like its never going to be put in game. The fact that DICE has been dumping gas on the fire in the meantime is inconsequential to me since for once I'm not their guinea pig testing their half baked game destroying updates. I'm only hanging on for the Russians/maybe the next game if its not trash like some generic BF4 style modern combat reboot.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last time I checked, DICE has been short staffed for a while now. Significant positions that from what I can tell COULD  be having an impact  on how this game has being managed. I stress could  because  obviously I have no official internal  information on how its actually being managed.   It appears at least to me that  from the beginning, the B team has been making this game. Then add to that,  a continued lack of staff for possibly months, and you see the results. Additionally, I think EA  has purposefully went  cheap as possible with the servers at the sacrifice of decent game quality. It will take a scathing article from Kotaku(Or similar) on the server quality that is bad enough to hit main stream news before any real change takes place. 
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    just quite like the rest of us has, me and all my mates play bf4 in the evening after work, and i also play leage of legends.
    life is so much more peaceful with out this bfv rubbish in my life.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well at least i am sure that BF2020 will be the breaking point of DICE and BF as a whole.
    if they continue this trend that has been creeping in since BF4 basically of releasing clearly unfinished products (BF1 was a lot more stable but balance-wise needed a lot more work and it took BF1 as well the better part of a year to get that in the right direction) i dont see the franchise ever being as popular again or considered a studio staple since i reckon EA will hit DICE with a closure hammer like so many more talented studios in the past....

but hey at least we dont get insulted anymore by which is nice.....
    MAybe BFV will be finished before BF2020 rolls out though i have no real hope at this point and the only thing keeping me in the game are a few friends i squad up with every once in a while.....
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well at least i am sure that BF2020 will be the breaking point of DICE and BF as a whole.
    if they continue this trend that has been creeping in since BF4 basically of releasing clearly unfinished products (BF1 was a lot more stable but balance-wise needed a lot more work and it took BF1 as well the better part of a year to get that in the right direction) i dont see the franchise ever being as popular again or considered a studio staple since i reckon EA will hit DICE with a closure hammer like so many more talented studios in the past....

but hey at least we dont get insulted anymore by which is nice.....
    MAybe BFV will be finished before BF2020 rolls out though i have no real hope at this point and the only thing keeping me in the game are a few friends i squad up with every once in a while.....
    as soon as bf2020 comes out bfv will loose all support
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The last time I checked, DICE has been short staffed for a while now. Significant positions that from what I can tell COULD  be having an impact  on how this game has being managed. I stress could  because  obviously I have no official internal  information on how its actually being managed.   It appears at least to me that  from the beginning, the B team has been making this game. Then add to that,  a continued lack of staff for possibly months, and you see the results. Additionally, I think EA  has purposefully went  cheap as possible with the servers at the sacrifice of decent game quality. It will take a scathing article from Kotaku(Or similar) on the server quality that is bad enough to hit main stream news before any real change takes place. 
    Do you think maybe sacking DICE, or bringing Criterion in with much more of a roll on BF may be the answer? I'm not saying this at all as to bash DICE, but as was said, Criterion seemed to have done a pretty decent job with Firestorm, even though i don't play it, but have not seen as much backlash about the overall quality of it, as we've seen with the base game.

And that being said, Battlefront 2 ended up to be a pretty decent game truth be told, and only seems to get better.

Maybe getting DICE out of the lead seat, and bringing in Criterion may be the answer to BF's woes. I'm just not versed enough to know how much Criterion has on it's plate right now, and if DICE LA was meant to lead this from here on in, it's obviously not doing well at that.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have 100% faith the next game they develop is another one I won’t buy
  • Noodlesocks
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    I've never had a lot of faith in Dice Sweden for many years. They are good designers, good artists but I don't think they are good developers and always seem to need someone else to come in and fix their games.