Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Update #1

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    • Airplane engine sounds no longer play repeatedly during flybys.

thank 
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New vehicle customization.. Those CC prices!

Btw, Rainbow-Freeman tweeted this a couple of minutes ago.. hilarious.

Nice of BF Bulletin to give the game away  :p
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you for making ap mines useless. Support got another big nerf.
  • ElliotLH
    9541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trying to be positive, since I feel like I'm not at the moment, I really like the new vehicle spawn screen as it's lovely to be able to choose between all our vehicles without customising and losing the reserve.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just played one game and it felt good.
  • T0TALfps
    432 postsMember, Administrator, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V
    ElliotLH said:
    Trying to be positive, since I feel like I'm not at the moment, I really like the new vehicle spawn screen as it's lovely to be able to choose between all our vehicles without customising and losing the reserve.
    Absolutely, quite a good improvement!
  • GigaBrainGamer
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

VEHICLE FIXES

What about the overall existing/random airplane engine sounds on just about every map where there are no planes available on the map?

Explosive Nerfs:

All around, pretty disappointed only to the fact not only will you splash damage and have lower base dmg from the PIAT to infantry (even though currently you can still damage a enemy less than 6 feet for 86 damage with a full on body shot w/ PIAT), you are now putting yourself at risk of blowing yourself up resulting in your death as well. So, the trade off is, less dmg and less 1HK at further ranges. Got it. Why would anyone reduce the "range" of  (key words here) "Projectile, Infantry, Anti-Tank" (PIAT) 2.5 pound shape charged BOMB. It literally depicts the PIAT as a "bomb". Honestly, the game is going to start feeling less like a "war game" than it already is. Catering to "please don't hurt me" community is getting ridiculous. You might have (or have not) noticed more players, including long time BF Veterans are returning back to BF1 and BF4.

Overall PIAT, AP Mines, Grenade Pistol and Frag Grenade Rifle all have been "nerf'd", which are pretty much "explosives'", yet players running around here with a Revolver and shotguns 1 shotting players (which I absolutely love doing anyway). I think I'll keep running around with a Revolver and M1897 Shotgun since it does x2 the damage of the nerf'd explosives. Pistols and Shotguns over "explosives". This is too good!

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    My ADS keeps glitching, anyone else having this or is it my controller?

Edit- Not my controller. it seems to play fine on other games. Input lag? 

Also the hit reg and death behind cover etc seem's particularly bad at the moment.

Edit 2- Insta death and being hit behind cover is almost non stop now. There's zero correlation between TTK/TTD.

Also my Advanced Search filter has vanished.

I know the first day of a patch is always a little rough, but on PS4 it's genuinely disgusting to play at the moment.

Edit 3- The hit reg numbers have been ranging from 145-220. Not points, hit reg.

Also several 'skins' have become invisible again. Head and hands are the only parts visible.

Edit 4- There seems to be something wrong with the aiming system at times. I only noticed an enemy sneaking up on me at the last second, panicked and went into full on spray and pray mode, I got the kill but my aim was nowhere near him.

Also the smoothness of movement has gone. It feels clunky and I'm constantly getting stuck on seemingly nothing, cannot mantle and often cannot prone when taking fire, despite being in a clear area.

Edit 5- Squads are now showing as full despite there only being two members and the team has been filled. The in game Squad screen shows two extra names loading in but obviously this cannot happen. As V is so reliant on Squad play this is detrimental to any mode, but on Squad Conquest where it occurs frequently it's very disruptive.

Edit 6- The main menu screen keeps freezing, no option but to close and restart the game.

Also in Firestorm when parachuting in there was an existing bug pre update where you would plummet to the ground without being able to move in any direction. Now this bug has morphed into another where you are dragged backwards from the direction you're trying to free fall into.

Edit 7- Servers are now shutting down despite both teams being 3/4 full.

Edit 8- Squad Conquest has seen a notable downgrade in performance since the previous patch, after this one it's becoming truly rare to find a game that feels acceptable, despite this being a mode that only has 8v8, 64 player Conquest plays better.
    Post edited by BFB-LeCharybdis on
  • Braddock512
    1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

VEHICLE FIXES

What about the overall existing/random airplane engine sounds on just about every map where there are no planes available on the map?

Have you experienced this since the update? What platform are you on? What map specifically have you tested? 
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DigitalCyberFear said:
    VEHICLE FIXES
    Airplane engine sounds no longer play repeatedly during flybys.What about the overall existing/random airplane engine sounds on just about every map where there are no planes available on the map?

Have you experienced this since the update? What platform are you on? What map specifically have you tested? 

I've only ever noticed this on Mercury Outpost (Xbox). Will keep an eye out for it on CQ.
  • emadnessinsoho
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why firestorm is not available ?
  • machoyell
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agh, sorry but ruined the TD maps for me! They were awesome as they were! Now getting spawn killed repeatedly. Was introducing a friend to Battlefield V and so disappointed with these map changes. If I want to be spawn killed I'd go back to CoD.
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes Team Deathmatch map changes are a disappointment.  So is the Sten change. :(

• DragonHawkAlpha
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why firestorm is not available ?
    The matchmaking was broken.

• DragonHawkAlpha
    Graphics whilest underwater a bit broken!?!?!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Still running extremely poorly with stuttering and FPS warning lights constantly flashing. Runs really smoothly in between the sudden CPU lag spikes. Overall plays slightly smoother but I'm afraid DICE you failed to fix the issue. Never had these issue post April patch, whatever you did broke it :'(
  • F1re77
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These updates are insane. 30 gigs. 
  • Braddock512
    1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    F1re77 said:
    These updates are insane. 30 gigs. 
    The updates aren't 30GB. It's doing a hashcheck. The average update size was between 7 and 10 GB. 

-Braddock512-
  • RW_Will
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On the next update for weapons, specifically Recon class weapons. I think scope glint while helpful in spotting and avoiding enemy snipers. Should have a range value on it. Based on the scope magnification.
    Enemies outside of "x" radius cannot see your scope glint.
    My reasoning being, the bullet trajectory engine of the game and bullet travel delay are phenomenal. So, longer shots are harder to achieve. Thus making the likely headshot less daunting for infantry.
  • RVDfor20
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    machoyell said:
    Agh, sorry but ruined the TD maps for me! They were awesome as they were! Now getting spawn killed repeatedly. Was introducing a friend to Battlefield V and so disappointed with these map changes. If I want to be spawn killed I'd go back to CoD.

Completely agree. TDM was great the way it was. Who was complaining that it needed changes??? Spawn camping is possible and easy now. What needed fixing is the team balance. Another Horrible bfv decision. smh