Dx12 runs like a night mare

13»

Comments

• Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Waiting for Dx13 maybe it will be better x
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    k1DBLITZ said:
    For me, DX11 *feels* smoother....like butter.

DX12 nets 30+ FPS over DX11, but it's not nearly as smooth. It's difficult to explain, but I notice the difference and it's not a placebo.

Intel 6700k
    32GB RAM
    EVGA 2080ti
    144hz Gsync Monitor
    SSDs
    the 6700k can not handle the 2080 Ti, so you will never be able to use your video card to its fullest potential, my cpu goes up to 80% usage with my card so I can just imagine the lack of performance you are having, your prolly losing 30% of performance for having an underutilized 2080 Ti
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah my cpu also goes from 60 to 80%.
    But then it’s 8 years old. Dx12 seems to run fine first couple of days after a patch. But then it starts to feel laggy and not so smooth anymore.
    If you crank up the graphics the gpu will work harder and viceversa, which doesn’t explain stutters while maintaining the same FPS.
  • thefish1971
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dx12 runs a good bit better than dx11 for me now.2080ti