Do you wonder why some pilots have extreme scores?

xHonest_Abe
143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I notice a couple of pilots with scores at the end of game play 70/0. Most get kill a couple of times. :D So I followed a couple as a spectator to see what is the secret, which in this case was easy to figure out by watching. Usually the pilot with the high score has a locked squad with only him in it. Once he gets a bomber airplane with a rear tail gun, he is set to start havoc. Well, most of us would drop the bombs and shoot front targets. But for the high score pilot will after a release of a bomb load do a steep climb and go to the back of the airplane and shoot at troops on the ground with the tail gun. The climb can go on for about 20 seconds. The rear gun is powerful and the target does not move much during the climb. The only thing I don't understand is that certain pilots never have any one chasing them (it was quite noticeable on Spectator). Who well back to the battlefield.... B)

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not disputing your thoughts exactly, but I havent seen this behaviour at all myself.

Getting big scores is dependent on the following:

1. The map is important, easier to get kills on Hamada compared to Twisted for instance I've found.
    2. Whether you are being harassed by competent fighters or bombers constantly, ground AA on it's own is usually ineffective. Other aircraft are deadly.
    3. Whether your team is helping by countering those fighters using AA and/or fighters.
    4. Whether your teams recons are effectively using flares. This is the single biggest factor. Aiming for those red dots accurately makes for big scores
  • spychodelics
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    Jezzzeh said:
    Not disputing your thoughts exactly, but I havent seen this behaviour at all myself.

Getting big scores is dependent on the following:

1. The map is important, easier to get kills on Hamada compared to Twisted for instance I've found.
    2. Whether you are being harassed by competent fighters or bombers constantly, ground AA on it's own is usually ineffective. Other aircraft are deadly.
    3. Whether your team is helping by countering those fighters using AA and/or fighters.
    4. Whether your teams recons are effectively using flares. This is the single biggest factor. Aiming for those red dots accurately makes for big scores
    This!

You most of the times have friendly enemy bombers in the air, i dont shoot you if you dont shoot me. 

And for the Climbing up and shooting, some of them are cheaters, it isn that easy as you discribe it. 
  • xHonest_Abe
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree about something does not look right when I was watching a couple of high scorers on spectator. During climb out the pilot had moved to the rear and was firing at and hitting enemy players before you could see them before zooming in. I counted on one pass, 4 enemy kills from the tail gun during a climb. At least one or two kills were occurring over half the climb outs. Other pilots without the high score that were using this technique would only make one kill after several passes at best. Spectator is great to watch to uncover things like this. You might as well give the ground soldier the portable lock on missile, but that will open another can of worms. :D 
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    we all know the have perfect accuracy at 500m up, with the machine gun, because they have exceptional gaming chairs.
  • spychodelics
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree about something does not look right when I was watching a couple of high scorers on spectator. During climb out the pilot had moved to the rear and was firing at and hitting enemy players before you could see them before zooming in. I counted on one pass, 4 enemy kills from the tail gun during a climb. At least one or two kills were occurring over half the climb outs. Other pilots without the high score that were using this technique would only make one kill after several passes at best. Spectator is great to watch to uncover things like this. You might as well give the ground soldier the portable lock on missile, but that will open another can of worms. :D 
    there are some good players which can do that, saw some clips on yt last week, but  i would doubt there are more then 3 to 4 kills in one perfect run. 
  • xxxTUCO
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it does not help that dice stack the odds against you, if you don't fly much, you get crap, they get titanium planes that cant be killed, well only by a death star, they turn tighter, fly faster, and their guns are a 1000 times more powerful. these cheats are in clans and help each other out, if on separate sides. each map should have each player have ONE turn in a plane, tank. sick of been better hitting more and loosing. all the vehicles should be equal, why this COD bs?
  • xxxTUCO
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it does not help that dice stack the odds against you, if you don't fly much, you get crap, they get titanium planes that cant be killed, well only by a death star, they turn tighter, fly faster, and their guns are a 1000 times more powerful. these cheats are in clans and help each other out, if on separate sides. each map should have each player have ONE turn in a plane, tank. sick of been better hitting more and loosing. all the vehicles should be equal, why this COD bs?
  • DaChileanSeabass
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xxxTUCO said:
    Maybe next bf they equal infantry vs vehicles. Right now its ww1 and ww2 so modern weapons wont work like back in bf3 and bf4 days where you can one shot a jet with rpg. Not this **** 20 damage marker with a direct hit 
  • xxxTUCO
    edited June 25
    just had to altf4 rage quit, after dropping my 10,000th bomb and still not killed anyone? i flew my plane down with the bombs, and guess what? those markers they have for the bomb sight, have no relavance to where the bombs go, why the [Removed - CM] make it like that? i see others zoomine to see, targets? no option an any plane? [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • xHonest_Abe
    If it were a realistic WW2 aircraft, you would not be able to walk back to the tail gun from the pilots seat to fire the gun. If you don't have a pilot pulling back on the stick, the bomber would pitch down, level off, and begin a slow decent. I've tried the current setup for the climb on Battlefield 5, and you keep the same climb position that you set when you leave the cockpit until you reach maximum altitude. You also instantly change from cockpit to tail gunner. I think to be fair (what's fair on Battlefield :D ), the pilot should coordinate with a tail gunner instead of a locked one man squad in a bomber and share the points. Or have an elapse time to move from one position to the other, like when you bail out. If you want to be by yourself, be a fighter pilot.
  • Aditrex
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    becouse everyone is taking bombers and bombers ususly dont fight they focus on infa. ez kills its sad part u rarely see people going for fighter and take down bombers and of course AA on ground is useless against bombers as soon you will try to attack them they will escape and bomb u second time so its inposible to kill them 
  • xxxTUCO
    its ok, they fixed firestorm, even though no one is intrested

• xHonest_Abe
    we all know the have perfect accuracy at 500m up, with the machine gun, because they have exceptional gaming chairs.
    Yep, its not a hack, it is the gaming chair. Why was I so naive about some one cheating. :)  

• OskooI_007
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loool :D
  • RichardSinerface
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    see some pilots can go 80-0 because they have better chairs. Other pilots are forced to only go 45-2 because they don't pay a monthly 'rental' fee for their gaming chairs. I hope they fix gaming chairs soon
  • DaveTheBrave_USA
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I notice a couple of pilots with scores at the end of game play 70/0. Most get kill a couple of times. :D So I followed a couple as a spectator to see what is the secret, which in this case was easy to figure out by watching. Usually the pilot with the high score has a locked squad with only him in it. Once he gets a bomber airplane with a rear tail gun, he is set to start havoc. Well, most of us would drop the bombs and shoot front targets. But for the high score pilot will after a release of a bomb load do a steep climb and go to the back of the airplane and shoot at troops on the ground with the tail gun. The climb can go on for about 20 seconds. The rear gun is powerful and the target does not move much during the climb. The only thing I don't understand is that certain pilots never have any one chasing them (it was quite noticeable on Spectator). Who well back to the battlefield.... B)
    You are exactly right. My son is an ace at this game and any video game. He does that, hopping to the tail gun to hit ground troops or fight off an attacker. However from time to time the plane does get hijacked out from under him by a team mate spawning into it.
  • DaveTheBrave_USA
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, its not a hack, it is the gaming chair. Why was I so naive about some one cheating. :)  

That's what I call "force feedback!" But he's playing a racing game and pitching around like he's flying a fighter? I wonder if they sell those at Best Buy?
  • xHonest_Abe
    edited July 4
    I read some where that the chair's main objective tries to simulate the G force...... I can remember only one map on BF4 or was it BF3 that was aircraft only (8 aircraft vs. 8), and no troops on the ground. The map was not popular because you only continually fly in circles shooting at the enemy aircraft. After awhile you had to go to the Europe server to find that map, most US servers stopped carrying the map. I remember that once you were shot down, you were put in the que with a few players in order to fly again, bummer.  :p
  • fragnstein
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xHonest_Abe said:

DigitalHype said:

That's what I call "force feedback!" But he's playing a racing game and pitching around like he's flying a fighter? I wonder if they sell those at Best Buy?

What an odd way to demonstrate the chair on a racing game. I couldn't race like that, pitching up and down on straights
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are so unbalanced in BF V, hard to take down and on many maps they have free reign. try that in BF 1!