Team Deathmatch

DragonHawkAlpha
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 25
Yes EA lets take something good and break it!  Well done the map changes really help spawn killing and reduce enjoyment other game companies will be really please to take more customers off you. - After note: It's actually Dice a subsidiary of EA. (My bad!)

Post edited by DragonHawkAlpha on

Comments

• DragonHawkAlpha
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    Don't fix something that's not broken.  Also, the sten is broken beyond use.
    Post edited by DragonHawkAlpha on
  • StarscreamUK
    7184 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Your constructive feedback is noted, very useful.  Thanks.
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    Breakthrough is good though.  Just been playing it...
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    Under water graphics is broken.  Game crashed during conquest.
  • Jayremie570
    1631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tdm is my go to mode these days. What ssems to be wrong with it. I know theyre switching up the areas to play in, which i look foward to.

Sounds all good to me, also what is broke about the sten? I use it alot and havent noticed.
  • TFBisquit
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's wrong with it is on the smaller maps you now have more building campers, waiting for you to spawn and move.
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    edited June 25
    An update was released yesturday.  In the update the Team Deathmatch maps have been reduced in size.  For me this made the experience far less enjoyable.  Respwan -> sniped, respawn -> shot, respawn shot etc... etc... Some of the areas I most enjoy playing in the bombed cathedral that seems to have been reduced to only part of the outside (unless this is just a varient).  I have found maps with 'pitch points' more enjoyable than open areas of random shooting.

• DragonHawkAlpha
    edited June 25
    Team Deathmatch seems to have taken a big step backwards in my opinion.  I'm mainly disappointed that I had to wait for a 5GB download of trash.  I was getting ready for a fun evening of BF5 and when I started playing with my squad we were suprised at how the smaller maps just made it more difficult to play with any form of strategy.  One of the things I like about Battlefield is it have larger maps with more people.  Otherwise it's just another Call of Duty.  If I am in the mood for a quick paced blast around a smallish map I just load CoD.  I just don't get who in EA would want to do this.  What are you trying to be?
    I would really like some proper anwsers from the actual developers.  I'm all for adding new maps, that's great but lets try to keep Battlefield different from CoD otherwise what's the point.  I was not so keen on the recent BF1 although the maps were good. BF5 is much better in terms of guns.  To be fair it is hard to beat BF4 though.
  • Jayremie570
    1631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was actually hopeng they'd be smaller like in bf1, guess im in luck. Havent played it yet tho, tomorrow i'll know better
  • StarscreamUK
    7184 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    team deathmatch, battlefield and strategy all used in once sentence isnt something i've seen often
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    Can only use strategy if on coms with own squad really.
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    team deathmatch, battlefield and strategy all used in once sentence isnt something i've seen often
    See thread:
    TDM has been turned into CoD

• bunningsSnagz
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its times like these i wish i lived in America or the EU, because im from Australia and all anyone plays here is conquest. You'll never find TDM or any small game modes which sucks because they are the only game modes you can get good frames with no stuttering. I did find one server with 9 people in it the other day and yes the maps are buggerd now. The old DICE spacial that one. 
  • vladimirpewtin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have over '7 days' logged playing TDM, I wasted a ton of time playing it, but it was a blast while it lasted. After this last 'update'  I'm done with the game—probably time to stop playing anyway.

But TDM is now ruined. There's little to no room for flanking or any type of team organization because of the size. You essentially spawn and die with 10 seconds. I have no idea why they've made this choice or if they've even tried it out. 

All the matches I've attempted to play recently are empty—you can tell the community feels the same way. I wonder if DICE will look at the quantitative analytics and stats to show how bad of a decision it was. 
  • RVDfor20
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have over '7 days' logged playing TDM, I wasted a ton of time playing it, but it was a blast while it lasted. After this last 'update'  I'm done with the game—probably time to stop playing anyway.

But TDM is now ruined. There's little to no room for flanking or any type of team organization because of the size. You essentially spawn and die with 10 seconds. I have no idea why they've made this choice or if they've even tried it out. 

All the matches I've attempted to play recently are empty—you can tell the community feels the same way. I wonder if DICE will look at the quantitative analytics and stats to show how bad of a decision it was. 

I've definitely noticed less players/ players leaving where as before it would be a steady room for at least one run through the map rotation.
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    like all they need todo is bring back normal DOM, and  TDM, everybody be happy.
  • MjrDutchShaefer
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who asked for this? It’s terrible. They took away a lot of the fun spots of a lot of the maps. If they wanted smaller “more intimate” maps, why not just create a new game mode?
  • Woodlbrad
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    As usual they went overboard only needed a slight reduction in size they were better off unchanged. they made snipers less viable on some maps now ppl have to change their playstyles in tdm. Dice you have far bigger problems than tdm map size.
  • MjrDutchShaefer
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely ruined devastation.
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    Apperantly there is an 'invisible player' bug in multiplayer now. Yawn