Weekly Debrief

TDM has been turned into CoD

Comments

• ChillierParrot5
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rocket13 wrote: »
    We ONLY play TDM on battlefield V and this update has ruined the game for us ... before you reduced the map sizes you could have your choice of whether to play close quarters or snipe from a distance utilising any of the 4 classes you enjoy using ... ruined what was a great game with your own play choices...forcing you into basically free for all with a cycle of “spawn kill die repeat” on a map too small for the number of players .

Totally agree
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played many hours of TDM, some of the maps felt a little too big with spawn points set right back meaning it took too long to get back into the action.

The changes seem to have taken it to the other extreme, now too concentrated where there is little space/time to utilise all class types effectively and feels a little like COD - quick reacting, instant action, spray and pray etc.

I'm sure with all the data collated a heatmap could be produced on the areas least used and perhaps a simple algorithm put together based on the activity and action to identify parts of the maps that could be trimmed down or have spawn points altered. This would improve the overall experience in TDM, staying true to it's original feel rather than totally change it.

Exactly and as a dedicated member of the BF TDM community I would love to know where the feedback came from to take the action they have.

Yes, a few of the maps had/have some spawns too far from the action but instead of ‘trimming’ the maps (of the dead areas you mentioned) they have taken a sledge hammer to crack a nut by reducing 3 of the maps in question to a tiny area (to the detriment of gameplay).
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played tonight but not on Aerodrome.  Wow I liked that map what a shame.
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I will not play TDM anymore.  May just stick to conquest.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried it. Im a conquest player but enjoyed TDM in BF4 so while BFV TDM is no where near as good it's still a nice place to warm up for conquest.

The maps are alot better. All of the changes are good. Snipers aren't there to ruin the fun for those of us who like to enjoy a nice frantic rounds of infantry action.

Well done Dice. Not a great accomplishment but one small step in the right direction.

an addendum, the Aerodrome TDM map is the exception. Horrible dumpster fire.
  • Nutcrusherr
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    taken a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

I'm the only one who can crack a nut!! :D
  • RVDfor20
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Luckily I was on the winning team through the rotation of maps, in part because the team balance is awful but also because the unnecessary map changes allowed the opposing team to basically be spawn camped for a whole round. There's no flanking. Who was complaining about tdm?? Dice/ea have made one bad decision after another since the first trailer.
  • Toxic_CA
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When was tdm ever not like cod?
  • lunajpsn
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

DICE’s poor design and decisions are now causing you (and others) to try and find other game modes...

Now as more people like yourself move to conquest, TDM will have a lower than normal player count (or just stop playing altogether).

Next, DICE will remove TDM due to “low player interest”

Frontlines. GONE. Domination. GONE. TDM...soon to be RIP.

Just wait....
  • SlowOldWarrior
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    danosta wrote: »
    No offense, but who plays tdm in bf? Bf is about bigger game modes or smaller ones with tactics. Tdm is in the game to try and ease noobs and cod players into the bf meta.

You would be surprised, there is a whole sub-community of regular BF TDM players. I have a Platoon of players who play daily.
    You and your Platoon are heroes, as a conquest player I am thrilled to hear about TDM playing TDM, instead of sitting of the flag burn and farming dudes that  PTFO - you should be knighted for your efforts!
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know it's not what BF is but I've always said a good TDM player is a great objective player who doesn't know it. Back when lots of people on my friends list actually played BF, some of them only wanted to play TDM, I would tell them to play TDM on the flags.

Personally I really miss sqaud death match. 5 v 15 and sometimes more, it was fun.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn wrote: »

DICE’s poor design and decisions are now causing you (and others) to try and find other game modes...

Now as more people like yourself move to conquest, TDM will have a lower than normal player count (or just stop playing altogether).

Just wait....

Frontlines and Dom are still there in the server browser. On PC though.
  • Nutcrusherr
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn wrote: »

Just wait....

Frontlines and Dom are still there in the server browser. On PC though.

Might be there but there arent any games/servers.
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I know it's not what BF is but I've always said a good TDM player is a great objective player who doesn't know it. Back when lots of people on my friends list actually played BF, some of them only wanted to play TDM, I would tell them to play TDM on the flags.

Personally I really miss sqaud death match. 5 v 15 and sometimes more, it was fun.

Funny enough in BF1 we entered an Xbox community Conquest comp for best squad (over 4 maps). We won this both times we entered. 4 of us played Conquest last night, got best squad, win etc. The thing we find about Conquest is a lot of the regulars can’t actually shoot so if you PTFO we do well with little effort.
  • KPNuts74
    taken a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

I'm the only one who can crack a nut!! :D

LOL
  • KPNuts74
    Toxic_CA wrote: »

I thought I had covered this narrow minded view in my OP.
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    Toxic_CA said:

Higher team count and larger maps.  Different style of shooting so you can get in a battle rather than quick death (in theory anyway).
  • DragonHawkAlpha
    edited June 26
    Tanks seem to be invincable on conquest now.  TDM is more about kill count.  Conquest is more about capturing the flags.  CoD is kill count with short rounds, low team count very fast paced.  TDM on BF can be slower paced and  did allow more of a battle but since maps are smaller you just get spawn killed.  I think that's kind of the point.  I liked the TDM because it is a different style of play from CoD.  If you can't tell the difference between BF TDM  (in previous BF5 release) and CoD then you haven't played either game enough.

• KPNuts74
    Tanks seem to be invincable on conquest now.  TDM is more about kill count.  Conquest is more about capturing the flags.  CoD is kill count with short rounds, low team count very fast paced.  TDM on BF can be slower paced and  did allow more of a battle but since maps are smaller you just get spawn killed.  I think that's kind of the point.  I liked the TDM because it is a different style of play from CoD.  If you can't tell the difference between BF TDM  (in previous BF5 release) and CoD then you haven't played either game enough.
    Absolutely, BF TDM has always been more refined and strategic than headless chicken CoD TDM. It’s like the developers want to devolve the mode.
  • killslayer4
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know at lot of BF fans class TDM as CoD already but just played Aerodrome (after update) and it is now just the main hanger. Always shot at when spawning in, everyone together, it’s just a twitch fest now - why have you done this

Just about a few months ago I started playing TDM and loving it but now with this update it feels like a whole cluster of people all in one place because the maps are that small now there wasn't anything wrong with them instead of changing the maps sizes they should have fix the dam hit markers that my main problem I'm having it's a joke.