10 Reasons Why BFV Failed

2»

Comments

  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    55567900 wrote: »
    im sure you can mak it to about 20 problems in bfv?
    i can give you a few.
    Planes do not have speed control and require little skill.
    ea went down the route on involving politics in to their game, which was bashed by alot of players, also why the game failed from the get go, especally when ea said, "if you dont like it, dont buy it".

    domination and frontlines being taken offline has punch a hole in this game's soul, , and will continue to die because of that oh and other reasons that you mentioned.

    Generally ea should have been impressing us after the failed  launch of bf4, and never made those mistakes again. But they keep shooting themselves in the foot. They need to get together and visit these forums and listen to us, rather than twitter polls.


    I disagree...

    the political argument is used in all games nowadays. Whenever a conspiracy theorist gamer sees something they don’t like they instantly think it’s “SJWS or some other political accolade” (I’m a big fan of tomb raider... so yeah, women in games do not bother me in the slightest)

    Domination and frontlines is not the soul of battlefield. The soul of battlefield is conquest.

    8/10 the reason why people are leaving battlefield is down to the lack of content and bugs.

    I dident say it was the soul of the game, and show me what other game has involved politics to draw attention and a stir to its game to annoy their playerbase. and has said "if you dont like it, dont buy it?" you wont be able to provide me any, because only EA CAN could say something stupid like that.

    if we want to improve conquest, there is alot not just bugs.

    you are blind sighted by what you only think needs doing, there is tons if you want this game to be successful, more succesful battlefield ever.




  • PATTERSON_US
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a forum where we share opinions, I said my opinion and you should respect that. I played BF4 a lot and it was my first game of my playstation 4. For me HARDCORE was the best mode ever, no mini map, no spotting enemy, and friend fire. People playing hardcore were nice, they revived you and share ammo, playing very strategically. Golmund map was awesome, big and very well made.
  • PATTERSON_US
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    55567900 wrote: »
    im sure you can mak it to about 20 problems in bfv?
    i can give you a few.
    Planes do not have speed control and require little skill.
    ea went down the route on involving politics in to their game, which was bashed by alot of players, also why the game failed from the get go, especally when ea said, "if you dont like it, dont buy it".

    domination and frontlines being taken offline has punch a hole in this game's soul, , and will continue to die because of that oh and other reasons that you mentioned.

    Generally ea should have been impressing us after the failed  launch of bf4, and never made those mistakes again. But they keep shooting themselves in the foot. They need to get together and visit these forums and listen to us, rather than twitter polls.


    I disagree...

    the political argument is used in all games nowadays. Whenever a conspiracy theorist gamer sees something they don’t like they instantly think it’s “SJWS or some other political accolade” (I’m a big fan of tomb raider... so yeah, women in games do not bother me in the slightest)

    Domination and frontlines is not the soul of battlefield. The soul of battlefield is conquest.

    8/10 the reason why people are leaving battlefield is down to the lack of content and bugs.

    I disagree, if you make a game based in WWII, you can't change the history, the fact you put women and try to be political correct is wrong and wrong. Why did no put women on BF4?. Mate something change after BF4, battlefield is dead, I'm sorry but it has so many problems. RIP BATTLEFIELD
  • normzzzzzy
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    55567900 wrote: »
    normzzzzzy said:


    55567900 wrote: »
    im sure you can mak it to about 20 problems in bfv?

    i can give you a few.

    Planes do not have speed control and require little skill.

    ea went down the route on involving politics in to their game, which was bashed by alot of players, also why the game failed from the get go, especally when ea said, "if you dont like it, dont buy it".



    domination and frontlines being taken offline has punch a hole in this game's soul, , and will continue to die because of that oh and other reasons that you mentioned.



    Generally ea should have been impressing us after the failed  launch of bf4, and never made those mistakes again. But they keep shooting themselves in the foot. They need to get together and visit these forums and listen to us, rather than twitter polls.





    I disagree...



    the political argument is used in all games nowadays. Whenever a conspiracy theorist gamer sees something they don’t like they instantly think it’s “SJWS or some other political accolade” (I’m a big fan of tomb raider... so yeah, women in games do not bother me in the slightest)



    Domination and frontlines is not the soul of battlefield. The soul of battlefield is conquest.



    8/10 the reason why people are leaving battlefield is down to the lack of content and bugs.


    I dident say it was the soul of the game, and show me what other game has involved politics to draw attention and a stir to its game to annoy their playerbase. and has said "if you dont like it, dont buy it?" you wont be able to provide me any, because only EA CAN could say something stupid like that.

    if we want to improve conquest, there is alot not just bugs.

    you are blind sighted by what you only think needs doing, there is tons if you want this game to be successful, more succesful battlefield ever.




    I quote... “domination and frontlines being taken offline has punched a hole in this game's soul”

    Wolfenstein has been as controversial as battlefield recently. Just because a game does not feature the swastika and has females as the protagonist it is a political agenda apparently.

    And when you say “ EA should have been impressing us after the failed launch of bf4”

    What, so... bf1 was a shambles was it?

    I am led to believe you’re just pissed you did not get a modern shooter.

  • full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I love hc mode. It wasn't popular. If it was easy everyone would do it. It definitely has turned a way some very dedicated players but it is not a reason bfv has failed.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your list is trash. Hardcore is number one for some reason and you started blathering about BF4 like it’s a pinnacle when it is a broken BF3. The main reason it failed is because of bad PR ( insulting the consumer base), Identity crisis (BR Battlefield with mechanics related to the genre which no one really asked for), the failure of live service and death of premium (poor content drops, low count of maps and weapons (majority rehashed) and finally DICEs balancing and patch work. What DICE should have did was build on the success of BF1 but decided to take 3 steps back with this title.
  • PATTERSON_US
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Your list is trash. Hardcore is number one for some reason and you started blathering about BF4 like it’s a pinnacle when it is a broken BF3. The main reason it failed is because of bad PR ( insulting the consumer base), Identity crisis (BR Battlefield with mechanics related to the genre which no one really asked for), the failure of live service and death of premium (poor content drops, low count of maps and weapons (majority rehashed) and finally DICEs balancing and patch work. What DICE should have did was build on the success of BF1 but decided to take 3 steps back with this title.

    Look I think you never played hardcore enough to understand that it's a completely different game, without mini map and enemy spot, HARDCORE mode is more intense and makes the game a different level. Also removing the personalized gameplay, player get bored easily on BfV and BF1. I agree partly of what you said but I do not agree when you said BF4 is is a broken bf3. DICE didn't do success on BF1, Dice promoted BF1 very well and made people buy the game, but if you see the gameplay is crap like bfV. They are focusing only to make a game with good graphic, that's it. Most of the players prefer a game with lot of contents game mode and free to play the way they want, graphic comes after that. Again BFV and BF1 has failed, and I am really sad.
  • spychodelics
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    1. Rushed release, by like 1 year (resulted in shortage of content and a gazillion bugs/optimization issues)
    2. Pre release PR distaster courtesy of Golden Parachute Patrick
    3. General misguided decisions to move away from the successful BF3 formula even more (attrition. spotting/visibility issues).
    4. Poor class/vehicle balance.
    5. This time Call of Duty did not scored an own goal like with infinity war  and lost its spotlight to BF1.

    I am suprised you would think that 1 year more developement would result in a better product. There are bugs around which still exists from previous BF Games. Which havent been fixed until today.
    I think a ****  complex game engine like frostbite seems to be the biggest problem so far. 
  • EA_Rtas
    366 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Let's cool it with the all caps and telling people "to get off my forum" there's zero need and people are entitled to disagree with you as you're entitled to disagree with them. Keep this on topic and civil please.
  • AmKing_Char
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I guess every comment will be different. Main reason is some people don't even like BF4 and some didn't even tried playing it so they will tell you that judging by BF1 and BF4, BFV is a fine game and BF4 was a ridiculous game, as u said many never liked the Hardcore mode due to camping and sniping. 

    Personally I feel like BFV is one of the worst BF games that DICE released I don't care about marketing or anything because that is a responsibility of EA and after buying the game I have to say that I will never trust EA again it felt like a trap! Even if you type the worst gaming company in google EA will show up first.

    The game has so many problems that the Devs don't even bother taking the effort to fix them. Even if you start from the beginning all we had so far was promises and no actions. And one of the main problems since the beginning was cheaters/hackers. Every day even more of them show up that's why more people leave the game. And the devs don't bother perma ban them because if they do that then they raise a bad name to them selves and no one will buy any of there products.

    So far it's been a year almost and the game feels unfinished the lack of content and originality is real and even if we add new maps nothing saves it. Many people leave the game due to various reasons (Cheaters/Harder than other BF games/Classes are not balanced/Many bugs lately with the new update/and I once heard that most people wanted something realistic yet recon is only 1 shot on head and 2 shots everywhere else on the body ) that's not only why people move  back to BF1 and even BF4 has a lot of population so I guess once then next game of BF comes out many will abandon it but the next needs to be a complete success or else it would be the end of it. 

    Last but not least never compare any type of BF game by the time it got on EA's hands !  BF4 is different BF1-BF4 are different    
  • PATTERSON_US
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well I guess every comment will be different. Main reason is some people don't even like BF4 and some didn't even tried playing it so they will tell you that judging by BF1 and BF4, BFV is a fine game and BF4 was a ridiculous game, as u said many never liked the Hardcore mode due to camping and sniping. 

    Personally I feel like BFV is one of the worst BF games that DICE released I don't care about marketing or anything because that is a responsibility of EA and after buying the game I have to say that I will never trust EA again it felt like a trap! Even if you type the worst gaming company in google EA will show up first.

    The game has so many problems that the Devs don't even bother taking the effort to fix them. Even if you start from the beginning all we had so far was promises and no actions. And one of the main problems since the beginning was cheaters/hackers. Every day even more of them show up that's why more people leave the game. And the devs don't bother perma ban them because if they do that then they raise a bad name to them selves and no one will buy any of there products.

    So far it's been a year almost and the game feels unfinished the lack of content and originality is real and even if we add new maps nothing saves it. Many people leave the game due to various reasons (Cheaters/Harder than other BF games/Classes are not balanced/Many bugs lately with the new update/and I once heard that most people wanted something realistic yet recon is only 1 shot on head and 2 shots everywhere else on the body ) that's not only why people move  back to BF1 and even BF4 has a lot of population so I guess once then next game of BF comes out many will abandon it but the next needs to be a complete success or else it would be the end of it. 

    Last but not least never compare any type of BF game by the time it got on EA's hands !  BF4 is different BF1-BF4 are different    

    I agree with you fella
  • PATTERSON_US
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Let's cool it with the all caps and telling people "to get off my forum" there's zero need and people are entitled to disagree with you as you're entitled to disagree with them. Keep this on topic and civil please.

    I didn't say anything to you, but to guy told me my list is trash. I never said anything to you if you have different opinions, but saying my list is trash I think personally it's disrespectful. Everyone has different opinions.
  • PATTERSON_US
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also the maps are very hard, there are not enough building or trenches so you get kill very easily
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Let's cool it with the all caps and telling people "to get off my forum" there's zero need and people are entitled to disagree with you as you're entitled to disagree with them. Keep this on topic and civil please.

    I didn't say anything to you, but to guy told me my list is trash. I never said anything to you if you have different opinions, but saying my list is trash I think personally it's disrespectful. Everyone has different opinions.
    You weren't even mentioned,  it was for everyone participating in this thread.

    Alas discussing moderation has now resulted in thread closure.
This discussion has been closed.