Invisible enemies even worse.

2»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PhantomDJ said:
    I encountered this today on PS4 Hamada Breakthrough.  here is the video of a soldier only visible by his helmet:  [go full screen ; it helps as the invisible man wasn't very close...]

you needed to edit in that video a part of the X-files into
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There was one player in BF4 who was using a cheat that made him completely invisible, barring his gun ... his username was (I'm not even remotely joking about this) 'InvisibleA(you know what this word is supposed to be)whole'.

At least back then, you had to use a cheat or a glitch (like the unpatched DICE camo glitch) to be invisible, but in BFV, you don't even have to do anything to be nearly undetectable.

Maybe this is for all of those people who complained about the soldier visibility improvements as 'changes that cater to casuals/noobs/run-and-gun players/the usual boogeyman' ... well, you wanted 'camouflage' back? Here you go ... XD
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In fact it is a new skin. Can only be bought by (a lot of) Boins.
  • NuttysKunKs
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »

Actually you have to swim for 5 mins then be blown up into the stratosphere to come down as a block of smooth ice. Once completed invisibility lasts until either you die or melt.
  • TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The invisible player thing has been around for a long time in bf games.Thankfully its quite rare.Although with  introduction of soldier cosmetics than can be changed by the user there seems to be much more texture related bugs along with it,for example certain cosmetics can bug out and not render causing more instances of invisible players or floating guns.

The ea/Dice bug testing department need to up their game imo.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    So this game is pay to win now
  • Tullzter
    1075 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The invisible player thing has been around for a long time in bf games.Thankfully its quite rare.Although with  introduction of soldier cosmetics than can be changed by the user there seems to be much more texture related bugs along with it,for example certain cosmetics can bug out and not render causing more instances of invisible players or floating guns.

The ea/Dice bug testing department need to up their game imo.
    Not that rare anymore, played for two hours yesterday on the PS4 and i can tell you that i've spotted an invisible player at least once in every round i've played
  • VOLBANKER
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well if you spotted him he wasn’t invisible, was he :smiley:

*is intentionally being silly*!
  • NLBartmaN
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling joining the MTX hype and adding (so much) character customizations was not the best idea ... or they should have hired capable devs (and servers) to implement that.
  • Tullzter
    1075 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    VOLBANKER said:
    Well if you spotted him he wasn’t invisible, was he :smiley:

*is intentionally being silly*!
    lol should've said spotted a floating head detached limbs
  • VOLBANKER
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    I'm the invisible man, I'm the invisible man....incredible how you can....

• trip1ex
    4657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    how can you see invisible enemies?
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sooo, does that mean performance is being hit by texture streaming due to customizations.
    And then they maybe reduced the load in rate to fix the performance issue but went too far?

That was my initial reaciton. I was like"wait does the game run better?" and then I realized the game wasn't loading half of the infantry textures around the map, and then I was like "oh.."