Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Update #1

Comments

• Elaborate_M8
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    As a TDM player, I like the changes we had on Devastation and Narvik (Even tho the performance on Narvik sucks because the fights happens more often in the village area). Fjell and Aerodrome feels completly awful now on the other hand (like a 1/10)
  • Zepheranthes
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What you've done to these maps on Team Deathmatch was a huge, misguided mistake. You've ruined them. Having the larger maps allowed for a multitude of experiences. But now, you've forced us to have the experience you want. That sucks, and is poor game design.
  • Alterinc
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new patch bring a lot bug not only graphics bug, the optimization is not better is worse, and you destroy TCT forever cutting the maps? that`s you call optimization? lol, thanks DICE.

• iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The patch (again) changed my loadout (sidearm and gadgets)
  • RoFrezzy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have massive fps drop in deathmatch.Just in DM games !!!!!!!!!!!
  • King9112
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    whats wrong with download rate its go 900kb/s on my side is all OK other dawnload full if i run it...it write my 4hours to complete 10GB with 30MB|/s
  • CrashCA
    1294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Experienced slight screen tearing and some blocky smoke graphics for first time in BFV post patch. Am on AMD, both CPU and graphics.
  • djwineo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or has this update totally killed been in a fighter in a plane have to now reload around 2/3 times kill a plane it's like the damage has been taken away from the bullets ,from been able to shoot around 7/10 aircraft down per round I know struggle to shoot single plane down anyone else having same problems? Xbox platform
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Either I was a bit rusty not playing since last Friday.  But yesterday after work I wanted to play some BF5 to see how the new patch went.  Either gut shot hit markers are off or 1 bullet doesn't count lately.  Does a bullet get subtracted like old battlefields when flicking c4 and clicking the charge but getting killed then c4 doesn't go off?  Kinda like firing a rpg but killed so rocket doesn't go off.
    So my recon bullets felt that way for the ZH and the Model 8 when killed in the process.  Isn't a even split of both of us dying.  I just get robbed.  Shooting people 3 times yet one bullet didn't seem to count ever.  All gut shots as well.  Seemed to really happen on Rotterdam for XBOX1 conquest.  Told my buddy we should of left cause I hate that map anyway.  But once I have friends in a server then I just go with the flow.
  • jroggs
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The TDM map changes range from "Why?" to "Oh God, WHY?!?" Fjell especially is just ruined. I'm also seeing a lot of character models that are just floating heads, hands, and guns.

Biggest question, why haven't the damage-tracking bugs been addressed?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    The patch (again) changed my loadout (sidearm and gadgets)
    It did for me as well on XBOX1.  Also changed the classes skilled perk.  I was wondering why I couldn't spawn on other blueberries spawn beacons cause my pathfinder perk was switched to the other class perk.  I had to switch through all classes and fix each weapon and what not.
  • zexterc
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game performance still not optimize yet, my expectations that you all fix the bugs and performance when came to next update but what I get it getting worse,
  • PrSnape7
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, I want to complain about the latest update, since the change of maps the experience of the game has dropped significantly in the community, everything in the battlefield was just gone The maps are small and everything is crowded There is no feeling of the field Like in the past I'm more than happy if you can pass it on as we want this experience again Thank you and good day
    We DONT WANT QUIT BF5
  • F1sherOrigin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Got a few problems after the new patch:

1) When I kill someone as a tank driver, I have this (approx. 0,5 seconds) lag.
    2) My Axis forces soldiers don't have any face paints anymore (I mean, I can't even choose any paints for them, because the list is empty). Also their faces and loadouts changed. Everything is fine with the Allies though.
    3) Didn't happened to me, but some of my friends say that their assignments are not being shown on the screen again.
    4) Invisible guys; sometimes, when I see enemy soldier in 30-40 meters in front of me, he is almost invisible. I can see only his head and his hands. When he comes closer, he becomes fully visible.
    Post edited by F1sherOrigin on
  • HugoPlayNow
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am encouraged developers from EA read this.  I will download the update today.  IMO the bugs are not the problem with BFV, just minor annoyances.  Every time I try to play the game (Conquest) I am bored and frustrated and just go back to playing BF1 which is perfection, and all I want to play after all this time.

Making the AP mines even less effective is a terrible move and the center of why BF5 is so frustrating.  Weapons feel like they do nothing.  It's like Dice has missed the whole point of what makes these games fun.

What I find most frustrating about BF5:

- Tanks move way too slow and are ineffective
    - AP and AT mines useless...and now go away on a kill?!?
    - building is a waste of time
    - Map layouts are terrible...they make no effort to funnel action and are still a camper's paradise
    - Enemies are impossible to spot...BF1 has a great system for enemy spotting.
    - Not enough stationary weapons...BF1 has machine guns, cannons, AA guns everywhere...SO MUCH FUN!  You mean to tell me WW1 had more and 
        better weapons than WW2?!?

BF1 is just pure action and fun with so much to do and so many ways to do it....well designed maps, vehicles, and weapons.

I still think BF5 has potential, the bones are there, but I wish the developers would look to the maps... weapon/vehicle balance and handling in BF1, and look at why it is so much fun.  I challenge any of these developers to play a few rounds of Conquest in BF1, then play some Conquest in BF5, and say they had as much fun.

Like an idiot, I paid $80 for the "premium" version and now it's free with Game Pass.  Ugh.  I stlill don't feel like I got anything more for my extra $20.  I feel ripped off.

All that said, I bought CoD WW2 last year and it sucked so bad, I sold it on eBay the next day...it was awful!  And CoD used to be my Gold Standard of WW FPS!!!

All Dice has to do is make the right tweaks and they have a great game...but poor maps are still an issue.  They are just not fun and the action is spread out way too thin.

• n1ghtskynet
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    DICE please fix the assignements for weapon mastery fo example the MAB 38 mastery V has a wron description of it's requirements and it doesn't fit the weapon type aswell because smg's are not suited for long range combat 

I have 2 ideas on how to make the weapon assignements better : 

My first idea is to add a third option that doesn't need to be completed in one round or one life so people will less adapt anti teamplay behavior and they will camp less.
    My second idea is to make the gold skins unlockable for a specific ammount of kills like the service stars in old battlefield games 

The next weapons assignements need to be selected automatically like the tides of war challenges.

I hope those assignements will be fixed ASAP
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can't see the assignments when you click on assignments now during a match.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can't see the assignments when you click on assignments now during a match.
    You have to click on "daily orders" first and then to "assignments" again to be able to see them.
  • Noodlesocks
    3527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Patch so broken and no hotfix; I'ma just sit this out until next update.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Getting a lot of "You have lost connection to the server" drop outs now, never got these pre patch

Massive lag and stutter on killing someone tonight, particularly CQC impossible

Hit reg is so off it couldn't be worse.

As Trokey would say, "Oh dear"