Issue gunfight and gameplay. Change my mind

PATTERSON_US
38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2019
1-Gunfight no satisfying
2-terrible gun sound
3- nobody cares about skin and gun colours
4-terrible gameplay because you get kill easily
5-no enough building or cover between 2 flags
6- when the game is finished you don't get straight away the scoreboard so sometimes you don't even know how many kills you got because the loading is to slow.
7- when you kill someone is not satisfying
8- no hardcore mode means get spot easily and get kill instantaneously
9- battlefield team's arrogance brought them to fail and fail in the future
10- DiCe you failed, give up. Change your mind or you will keep destroying battlefield games
Post edited by PATTERSON_US on

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Horrible headline and not allowed either, change your meme.
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I read tons of posts in here that BFV had the best gunplay before i got the game, then when i got it i was in disbelief of how and why people believed that? Then i realized that it's probably because the gunplay is easier than any previous game, with less bullet drop, less recoil, less spread, 3x scopes for everyone..etc and that's probably the reason why many people found it more enjoyable. Because everything is so easy the majority of engagement distance in this game is 20-70 meters, as opposed to previous series where i felt the majority of firefights were in the less than 25 meters range, which makes the game people sitting in bushes firing on who's stupid enough to move. For me, it's the most dull gunplay in the series, with the ar 3x no glint and prone mmg meta, and honestly the guns are not fun to use, there's no learning curve here for guns, you just pick any gun and bam you already mastered it after one match. The gunplay is definitely tight, but is it enjoyable? Not for me at least .

Not my quote but it sums up my feelings on the gunplay.

It’s cheesy, easy, and rewards toxic players.
  • PATTERSON_US
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I read tons of posts in here that BFV had the best gunplay before i got the game, then when i got it i was in disbelief of how and why people believed that? Then i realized that it's probably because the gunplay is easier than any previous game, with less bullet drop, less recoil, less spread, 3x scopes for everyone..etc and that's probably the reason why many people found it more enjoyable. Because everything is so easy the majority of engagement distance in this game is 20-70 meters, as opposed to previous series where i felt the majority of firefights were in the less than 25 meters range, which makes the game people sitting in bushes firing on who's stupid enough to move. For me, it's the most dull gunplay in the series, with the ar 3x no glint and prone mmg meta, and honestly the guns are not fun to use, there's no learning curve here for guns, you just pick any gun and bam you already mastered it after one match. The gunplay is definitely tight, but is it enjoyable? Not for me at least .

Not my quote but it sums up my feelings on the gunplay.

It’s cheesy, easy, and rewards toxic players.

Agree with you. Also I hate the enemy spot. Easy target so you can't even camping for 2 min
  • PATTERSON_US
    Sorry I'm not shouting I didn't know about all caps
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I aim, click a button and video bullets fly.....  yeah it's fine just like most FPS
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm always wondering if people who say that "Gun in BF5 have no recoil" ever played BF4? Literally, just launch BF4 and play it. It doesn't matter what you pick, most guns there have no recoil at all. Only issue there is spread increase per shot that forces you to tap-fire any gun that you use.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if you dissect the gun olay in BFV its a shallow corpse of what its been in BF3/4
    classes are restricted and hard-capped into fighting zones with the exception of assault and support....
    i mean versatility is dead in BFV and DICE does not care for it whatsoever^^
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @One_Called_Kane did you just assume Terries gender?
    😉
  • PATTERSON_US
    @One_Called_Kane did you just assume Terries gender?
    😉

You really funny huh?:)
  • PATTERSON_US
    Ahh, a thread titled in all-caps, surely this will be a bastion of well-thought, eloquent discourse.1-Gunfight no satisfyingThis is subjective. Guns hit very hard and are accurate from ranges that rival BF3 & 4, magic bullet-deflecting Vaseline is gone, and velocity no longer resembles thrown fruit. To many, myself included, these are good things.2-terrie gun soundNever mind what it sounds like, who is Terrie and why do you have her gun?3- nobody cares about skin and gun coloursAlso subjective. Personally I prefer the ones with a little more historical grounding and think the gold skins are tacky, but I can take them or leave them. Battlefield has never been a simulator.4-terrible gameplay because you get kill easilyPerhaps video game publishers should start adding to their disclaimers that players may indeed die in this first person shooter. Also, fast TTK has been a thing in Battlefield games more or less since the beginning.5-no enough building or cover between 2 flags
    I didn't realize that every map in the game was actually PanzerStorm, now. Did that change come with the latest patch?6- when the game is finished you don't get straight away the scoreboard so sometimes you don't even know how many kills you got because the loading is to slow.That sounds like a personal hardware issue to me. I have friends who play this game on five year old rigs that don't have this problem.7- when you kill someone is not satisfying
    Again, subjective. I find the opposite to be true, especially for headshot kills. 8- no hardcore mode means get spot easily and get kill instantaneously
    There is no 3D spotting in the game unless it is done with the use of a select few gadgets, there is no pop-up on the minimap when firing your weapons, and overall the "core" gameplay experience w/respect to detection is about as close to hardcore as it's been since the pre-BC2 days. On top of that, private servers are coming later this year so if you really want to you can recreate hardcore yourself.

Won't bother touching the irony that is complaining about fast TTK while also complaining about the lack of Hardcore.9- battlefield team's arrogance brought them to fail and fail in the future
    DICE has certainly made some questionable decisions with this title specifically with PR, more than I believe can be attributed to EA's meddling. They really do need to stop trying to compete with COD's release timetable.10- DiCe you failed, give up. Change your mind or you will keep destroying battlefield games
    People said the same kind of things after BF4's launch up until the point where it suddenly became everyone's favorite game when BF1 released. The Battlefield community has a rose-colored mob mentality regarding new games that is terribly predictable.

You are really funny huh?
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Say wut?
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if you dissect the gun olay in BFV its a shallow corpse of what its been in BF3/4
    classes are restricted and hard-capped into fighting zones with the exception of assault and support....i mean versatility is dead in BFV and DICE does not care for it whatsoever^^

I don’t think you know what people mean by gun play.

You’re talking about class balance. Totally different topics. Not trying to say you’re wrong about that though. 😬
  • One_Called_Kane
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You are really funny huh?
    Only on Tuesdays or when it's raining so it looks like you're good.  
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     if we dissect BFV at a superfical level what really brings players back the most what has been praised without question?
    Gun-play comes to mind. so lets look at that. it gets a lot of comparison to BF4 in that regard. so we shall compare.
    BF4 had special weapons for each class Assault had ARs, support LMGs engineer had PDW (if i remember correctly) and recon had high powered rifles.
    then on top wo these there were all-kit weapons to add to variety and versatility. like carbines/shotguns.
    the carbines in particular were almost as powerful as ARs with only being a bit worse then the ARs themselves.
    so in BFV we have two classes hard-locked into specialized engagement zones (i.E medic/recon) whereas assault and support are the versatile it begs the question if the devs working on gun-balance were forbidden to share their work.just look at the actual ARs in BFV all but the Ribyrolles are objectively more effective then almost all SMGs at all ranges due to their higher DPS and more foregiving recoil-patterns. and then there is the M1906SF regularly the most versatile CQC weapon in the game by far. sure it only has 21 rounds in the magazine but by god its a lot more potent then suomi and m1928A1 not even going to argue on that.
    and if you look at player population in any given round you will see support and assault are vastly over picked especially if you look at medic-population.....
    BFV has imo worse class-balance then BF1 and ppl gave that a hard time as well. but the moment some try to argue weapon/class balance needs reworking everyone looses their virtual **** and just claims you want your class to be the best nothing else. if i wanted that why would i not simply play the current OP classes and be done with it????
    sure the medic cant get access to hard hitting guns right away it needs some re balance as well and i have given plenty of examples as to how to balance it.
    for example have the self heal be 2 charges and then a 5-10s cool-down so it cant be spammed. or even better remove attrition altogether.
    heck if you take away all gadets and have anyone pick then SMGs will imo be picked by none. simply because their "strenghts" are dwarfed by their short-comings.
    worst DMG model, mostly inferior RPM, worse ADS accuracy compared to other weapons, no access to higher magnification the 1,5x, bullet-drop and drag so infuriation even 30m targets need to stand still to hit.
    strengths better base hip-fire but hip-fire is also determined by RPMso in general its even i think at least since the STG1-5 can pump out more bullets in the same time then STEN/MP40/MP34/ZK-383, 0,05s faster deploy time i guess can be counted as an advantage.....
    so yeah this is just dissecting gun-play not even mentioning the other huge issues
    team-balance/vehicle-balance/map-balance/UI-problems and the mountain of added bugs/removed content and mechanics.....