This Week in Battlefield V

This is so frustrating

BaronVonGoon
6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 26
I'm sure this type of death happens to alot of us.

There are several types of close quarters gun fights. One of them is so frustrating in BFV because Dice's netcode team haven't figured out how to compensate for the lag that naturally accompanies it.

Picture the situation:
You're in a room or around a corner and the enemy is the one who enters the room you're in or turns the corner to meet you. This is one common type of close quarter gun fights. When it happens in BFV I always die. It's not me or my internet (300 mb/s and 30 latency), it's the netcode. This doesn't happen in BF1 and CSGO. It's one of the most frustrating things in the laundry list of frustrating things in this game.

To my untrained eye it appears Dice's method for compensating for this lag is to literally teleport the enemy into your view giving you less than 200 milliseconds to react and possibly no time to react at all, you may be already dead server side.

I know I posted this before but it illustrates the situation well:

lag-comp.gif

I guess they'll get to fixing it after they fix one frame deaths never
Post edited by BaronVonGoon on

Comments

• AP0LLY0N11
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens to me all the time. I get punished for having a good connection and playing on an in time zone server.
  • BrianLocal1
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been dieing after I've gone around a corner, like being shot through the wall sometimes.
  • MrCamp121
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep and it leads to massive amounts of hackusations and reports that DICE would have to look at (if they even do anymore). Feels 100% like an aimbot
  • TheFeistyGamer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens in every fps game. Battlefield honestly does a better job than a lot of games *cough* PUBG *cough*. I've had my ping shoot up before and it starts denying shots on guys about to go around corners.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    sounds like the norm to me for every BF game although I played this one far far less than the past BF games.  

• Juanicee
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand how they managed to break something that was totally fine in previous games.

Me and my roomate have the exact same problem. We dont have enough time to react and we get one shooted every time. 40ms to the server with 100mb fiber connection.
  • The-Monz
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe there just surprise mechanics.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There are several types of close quarters gun fights. One of them is so frustrating in BFV because Dice's netcode team haven't figured out how to compensate for the lag that naturally accompanies it.

Picture the situation:
    You're in a room or around a corner and the enemy is the one who enters the room you're in or turns the corner to meet you. This is one common type of close quarter gun fights. When it happens in BFV I always die. It's not me or my internet (300 mb/s and 30 latency), it's the netcode. This doesn't happen in BF1 and CSGO. It's one of the most frustrating things in the laundry list of frustrating things in this game.

To my untrained eye it appears Dice's method for compensating for this lag is to literally teleport the enemy into your view giving you less than 200 milliseconds to react and possibly no time to react at all, you may be already dead server side.

lag-comp.gif

I remember just after 1 came out they actually did fix it. It was absolutely perfect. But the playerbase complained because their advantage was essentially negated by proper netcoding.

Then they caved and set it back and we still have the same problems we had all the way back in 3; the worst connections get the courtesy from DICE, not the majority of it's customers.
  • Rab4tZ
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AP0LLY0N11 wrote: »
    Happens to me all the time. I get punished for having a good connection and playing on an in time zone server.

^ exact this!
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 27
    This does happen and I think it's more then one issue. One it could be a player watching Mini Map and you could be spotted without knowing. I do this very often. Or what type of weapon like a higher ROF weapon can melt close range.

More then likely it's probably Animations of the soldier,Netcode, and Servers are complete Garbage. Similar to how some Tanks shots kill Infantry and that same shot does zero damage to Infantry seconds apart.

• StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Happened all the time in BF1. And BF4 more than anything else... oh and I remember stuff lime that happening in BF3.
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Uninstalled primarily due to this issue and it’s certainly staying that way.
    Dice are a million miles away from other games in regards to netcode!
  • SithMetal71
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been getting a lot of deaths when players run around the corner to you, one shotted and they seem to know exactly where you are, and this happens when prone also.
  • Buzzkill66
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is my experience daily.  My brother gets it too and we live 500 miles apart.  One shotted by every weapon in the game.  As soon as we see the enemy, we are dead before we get our sights up.  Insta deaths....
  • BtheReaper49
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Picture the situation:

lag-comp.gif

I couldn't agree more and it's absolutely game breaking. It's mainly why I just stick with BF1 now. And you're right, I don't think this will ever get fixed because it's baked into the game. Pretty pathetic and embarrassing that they released the game in such a state.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta said:

BaronVonGoon wrote: »

Picture the situation:

I remember just after 1 came out they actually did fix it. It was absolutely perfect. But the playerbase complained because their advantage was essentially negated by proper netcoding.

Then they caved and set it back and we still have the same problems we had all the way back in 3; the worst connections get the courtesy from DICE, not the majority of it's customers.

That was absolutely a glorious week to play bf1 wasn't it?

Indeed it was. Everything working exactly as it should.
  • ViolationofDerp
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is really frustrating, often enough i also have the issue that shots of mine are just not registering and I guess this is for the very same reason that the position of the enemy playermodel is displayed incorrectly (avg ping of 15). Since the mercury patch I also noticed that fairly often I get hitmarkers of 120-140 HP damage with yet no kill on the enemy (no other enemies around, no time to recover for the enemy).