Bring back Hardcore mode for real players

Comments

• shaggysk8er
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HC mode is for the veterans in the game and have seen how the history behind BF has evolved. No reason they shouldnt have it, put aside the fact that the last couple BF's have had it. Some people like the competition and some people dont.  ADD HC BF! TF you guys doing man
  • Rboy13
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bring HC mode back!
  • Travisaurass
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2019
    I havent bought a BF game since BF4, and still think BF3 was the better game. Even bad company 2 was better than hardline, 1 or 5 and you couldnt even crouch! Hell the helicopters flew themselves! Everything has been less and less from EA from then, I finally somewhat enjoyed the BF5 beta, but when the game launched i was immediately dissapointed and returned the game when i found no HC modes and only allowed for 1 game mode at launch, if i cant play hardcore on day 1, let alone a conquest game which is the MAIN GAME OF THE FRANCHISE, why would i want to play for even 1 second. I will not buy another EA game until the bring back the only game mode i play because whats the point in a shooter when youve got a map that tells you everything and 3d spotting.... Just dumb
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lexen said:
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    So im a fake player?? Hardcore is easy mode not the otherway around. Put a same skill hardcore vs a softcore player against one another on any mode and the softcore player will win everytime. Hc can be fun sometimes but saying that hc player are THE REAL PLAYERS is just not true. You just want 1 shot easy sniper kill and thats it.

you wouldn't last a second in HC. If you were playing a good HC player on a HC map, you would never even see them. You would just die over and over. In the reverse, good HC players will wipe the floor in a non-HC match. I still enjoy core because it's fun to get high double digit kills and dominate with any class. I agree with others that BFV has incorporated some of those HC aspects which I appreciate, but I want the challenge that a full-on HC mode brought.
    This post alone was worth perusing through the thread. When I tried out BF1 hardcore, I was pulling three digit kills on 200% ticket servers, over twice that of those true grit hardcore veterans. BF4 hardcore also seems to directly cater to strong core infantry players. As SixClicks wrote, the skill sets required are different, but core abilities definitely transfer better to hardcore. You seem to confuse aggressive play with headless play.
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    REAL player what does it mean? OP?
  • CaptHotah
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im sure there will be hc servers once rsp comes out so you can one shot camp each other all day
  • OneLuvvv
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Hardcore mode would be an epic cherry on top in BF5 I'll admit. But to all the homies that were die hard HC players like me in the previous BF games, give the game a chance. Depending on the gun and class, it's super easy to drop people almost instantly exp if you manage head shots. I play with assault using only the M1907SF (w/extended clip) and it feels like a semi-HC mode, honestly I just melt kids with this gun.... But not having a mini map and one hit explosions is definitely missed in the regular mode, but dont let this be a deal break for you, the game is still super fun. Hardcore mode will definitely come at some point, but it's obviously not their priority atm, which is unfortunate because it would have strengthened the core community unlike the firestorm mode which is basically almost dead.....Get on that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ DICE
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lexen said:
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    This will not happen, DICE does not want to split the community by any means. It is also rather unwise to consider yourself "real" because you played BF in an objectively imbalanced, very nichey way.

Something tells me you weren't very good in hardcore.

Also not sure what you felt was imbalanced about it. IMO it was by far the best version of the game.

The main point is that there should be a more competitive mode for players so you're not stuck with casuals who are frankly just really bad at the game.
    1. You are about to get 5 v 5 (which should cure your competitive itch)
    2. How do you propose HC be implemented when, in past BF titles, like BF1, it was possible to tell who the enemy was by their uniform. Now, in BF V there is no way to do this since everyone can have different pants, different tops, different head-gear/face paint etc.. ?? We get to play "dress-up dollies" for company coin. Hardcore mode would have to restrict your selection to Allied or Axis and be distinct enough to be able to tell the difference (yet people are constantly complaining about visibility issues already).
    While you hinted @VincentNZ was probably not good in hardcore mode, couldn't he claim you just want to be able to lay on a cliff with an MG-44 and not have a kill-cam? It is all relative. Anyways, point number 2 above removes the possibility of HC mode. Please avail yourself to BF1 for that.
  • DOCTORLOVEMAKER
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    This will not happen, DICE does not want to split the community by any means. It is also rather unwise to consider yourself "real" because you played BF in an objectively imbalanced, very nichey way.
    Mate when i hold a gun on Battlefield i feel like i am shooting with airguns. What do you mean balance? You are telling  that if the guns were more effective on both teams the game would be unbalanced?  In my opinion it would me a bit more tactical with a bit lesser mess and definately more realistic.  Check Rising  storm 2 vietnam. Apsolut blast. Just try it and will remember my words. Cheers for now.
  • TropicPoison
    2504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    I got kicked/banned any time I tried playing Hardcore in the previous games. It's like a gated community, they don't like outsiders with skill. Being that sheltered has made 'em think they are playing the truly skilled game mode too which is cute since it's the opposite.

Idk I was pretty good myself imo at HC on BF3 and BF4, maybe you just got some bad luck and killed some badmins repeatedly so they kicked it it's possible, I know because it happened to me lol

And HC will NOT save BFV, the maps are absolute trash for the most part in BFV compared to any past Battlefield game maps.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got kicked/banned any time I tried playing Hardcore in the previous games. It's like a gated community, they don't like outsiders with skill. Being that sheltered has made 'em think they are playing the truly skilled game mode too which is cute since it's the opposite.
    Only if you played on rented servers.  Dice servers did not kick /ban for good play.  Only the rental server admins could kick and did so when you took their precious heli before they got it.  Or you used a Stigla in a "No Stigla" server so the admins could protect their boosted K/D.  
  • F1sherOrigin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Real players" lmao
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, bring back the Hardcore mode.
  • TropicPoison
    2504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do some of you honestly believe that rented servers are going to drastically change this game or even make it better? You're all willing to give EA/DICE MORE MONEY? After this sad damn excuse and failure of a Battlefield game.

I'm sure as hell not, but y'all are free to throw your money away if you want, I just wouldn't be giving it to EA or DICE but that's just me.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do some of you honestly believe that rented servers are going to drastically change this game or even make it better? You're all willing to give EA/DICE MORE MONEY? After this sad damn excuse and failure of a Battlefield game.

I'm sure as hell not, but y'all are free to throw your money away if you want, I just wouldn't be giving it to EA or DICE but that's just me.
    There is a free version of RSP.  With those should help remove out of region players.  Also the hardcore players can remove the HUD.  Possibly change players health as well.  Also anyone can change the map playlists.  Also all games modes will be available besides the temporary ones.  That's a good start in the right direction.  Even though RSP doesn't start till end of Summer.  Besides lack of maps doesn't help at the moment.
  • LightBox22
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just came across this Article on GameInformer regarding Hardcore mode. Please bring it back Dice. Folks who don't want to play it need not apply, but this has been the main draw for me with all of the Battlefield games. No minimap, hire damage and friendly fire are strengths to this series. There really aren't any games that offer this play style, at least on consoles.

Speaking of traditional modes, what's the status of hardcore mode?

RM: Right now, we don't have anything. We've not committed yet to the roadmap of where we're going to go. But the big thing with the launch of private matches is giving players those tools to sort of create those experiences. We're always trying to find and pursue those types of things that the players want. As we go into private matches and start to frame out what that initial packaging is, if that's the way the players want to go, we'll look at going that way. The great thing with private matches is we set this up as our first community development initiative. We really want to build that feature with the community. If that's the direction they want to take those features and make sure that the settings are in there, we want to work with them to create that, because the feature really is for them.

LG: To me, that is important, and I think it's been all through the years. It gives more grassroots building to our community, where people are liberated to do what they want instead of us telling them where to go. It's important, and I wish we could have done it earlier. But I'm really happy that we do it now. There is no shortage of the things we want to do. 

RM: Yeah, we learned a lot with Battlefield 1. We discussed a lot of this after BF1 around private matches and RSP. The big piece of feedback we got from the community after BF1 was, "When you're going to build that service for us, it needs to be right." We took that to heart and decided that if we're going to do this, we're going to do it with the features that the community wants, so we're going to have to take the time to do it properly. We all wish we could have announced it sooner for the community. They're happy that it's coming, but also they're going to be really happy with the result in the end because they're going to get the service that they wish they'd had since BF1.

• DOCTORLOVEMAKER
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rboy13 said:
    Bring HC mode back!

• DOCTORLOVEMAKER

They have ruined the game series .  Battlefield 5 is for babies now. Play Battlefield 4, Insurgency or Rising Storm Vietnam. Those are the only well made tactical shootin games that you feel like shooting with a gun and not an air-gun.