Weekly Debrief

Squad Communication in BFV

ForbidRhyme
129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As I said before, communication in this game is awful. Sure it great with squading up with friends but talking to randoms is a thing of the past. And the fact that there is no way to effectively communicate with other squads make you feel like a team of 8 teams doing their own thing. There needs to be a method, something like a squad leader channel in the comrose menu to speak with other squads. I would even consider proximity chat as a possibility.

It may not be the greatest with standard servers but with RSP coming, communities will form around servers with like minded individuals who are ptfo oriented where this could really shine. Heck I might even suggest going as far as a chapter week dedicated to Mic use! Yeah, not everyone would use it, and there is always those who blast music or rage but muting is really not that hard.

Might as well give us the option at least so that those who want to use it can use it!

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use a mic.
  • Noodlesocks
    2894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Communication rose could do with a lot of work. It is the least informative communication system in any Battlefield game, even Battlefield 1942s communication bar was so much more useful in co-ordinating your team.
  • Soulbreeze
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I used to use a mic often with randoms but it mostly doesn't seem to work in 5. See speaker icon, no voices.
  • MrCamp121
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use mic on console. But cant be **** into remembering my key bind for pc, let alone distracting myself to hit that key to talk
  • clouseau2112
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd definitely agree w/ OP...
    Communication blows. I find myself going from squad to squad saying, "anyone mic'd up", and it's a rare occasion if anyone pipes up. Usually, i have a friend or two online, and I end up squading up.
    Another frustrating thing...is when there's a bunch of 1 and 2 man squads on your team. Makes me crazy! And the funny thing is...my buddy and I are top 3 or 4, start to finish, and no one joins our squad.

Anywho, OP...i think proximity chat coukd work if done right.

Maybe we should post or GT's, and platform on this thread...for those who Mic up, and PTFO. And please be able to hold your own....like 1.0 or better k/d
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People hear me cracking beers on the mic.