To quote Zero Punctuation..

Legarhead
79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2019
Cut-Paste-2019-06-26-21-50-45-060.jpg

"The game's buggier than a big bug, bugging out in a dune buggy."

Game seems to get worse with every new update....

I sure it's been mentioned before but dice would benefit from fixing one issue at at time and make sure it works...these big fixes make thinks worse.

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think that's a fair assessment from the site. The problem BFV has is that the bugs such as stuttering, momentary sluggish movement have not been resolved or look like being resolved. They have made some good changes and fixes.

They dont help themselves however when it appears they can fix microtransaction related things in quick time.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13598 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Jezzzeh said:

They dont help themselves however when it appears they can fix microtransaction related things in quick time.
    I believe the majority of mtx related cosmetics are server side so relatively easier to fix and no certification process to go through afaik.

@Legarhead
    Certification on PC and consoles is costly so obviously it's better to fix as much as they can in one go rather than spreading out fixes more frequently.

• baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:

I believe the majority of mtx related cosmetics are server side so relatively easier to fix and no certification process to go through afaik.

@Legarhead
    Certification on PC and consoles is costly so obviously it's better to fix as much as they can in one go rather than spreading out fixes more frequently.

I wasn't aware that Origin was charging EA certification costs! EA should complain to whomever owns Origin since they have so many of their games on that platform!
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    true verification might be costly for consoles. but how come other games and i hate to bring that example "fortnight" can pump out better and smaller in cremation patches then god damn DICE/EA.
    i mean they just keep digging deeper and deeper in their own grave at this point. everytime they "fix" one thing three more break with the occasional slap in the face of the dwindling player-base.
    i mean vehicle players waited for 7 months on the epic skins then they release and i bet many thought the CC purchase was a sign of good faith from DICE to make up for the long time or buggy nature of most skins (last-tiger for example). only to revert the alleged mistake within an hour or two.
    i mean what do mistakes like this show really. the patches get if any only the most superficial QM done and then send out the chute hoping to fix more then breaking? im sorry but if i were a new player who maybe has purchased his first BF and then get to witness this BS from the devs i'd refund as fast as possible or never touch this pile of garbage ever again.
    i mean if we dissect BFV at a superfical level what really brings players back the most what has been praised without question?
    Gun-play comes to mind. so lets look at that. it gets a lot of comparison to BF4 in that regard. so we shall compare.
    BF4 had special weapons for each class Assault had ARs, support LMGs engineer had PDW (if i remember correctly) and recon had high powered rifles.
    then on top wo these there were all-kit weapons to add to variety and versatility. like carbines/shotguns.
    the carbines in particular were almost as powerful as ARs with only being a bit worse then the ARs themselves.
    so in BFV we have two classes hard-locked into specialized engagement zones (i.E medic/recon) whereas assault and support are the versatile it begs the question if the devs working on gun-balance were forbidden to share their work.just look at the actual ARs in BFV all but the Ribyrolles are objectively more effective then almost all SMGs at all ranges due to their higher DPS and more foregiving recoil-patterns. and then there is the M1906SF regularly the most versatile CQC weapon in the game by far. sure it only has 21 rounds in the magazine but by god its a lot more potent then suomi and m1928A1 not even going to argue on that.
    and if you look at player population in any given round you will see support and assault are vastly over picked especially if you look at medic-population.....
    BFV has imo worse class-balance then BF1 and ppl gave that a hard time as well. but the moment some try to argue weapon/class balance needs reworking everyone looses their virtual **** and just claims you want your class to be the best nothing else. if i wanted that why would i not simply play the current OP classes and be done with it????
    sure the medic cant get access to hard hitting guns right away it needs some re balance as well and i have given plenty of examples as to how to balance it.
    for example have the self heal be 2 charges and then a 5-10s cool-down so it cant be spammed. or even better remove attrition altogether.
    heck if you take away all gadets and have anyone pick then SMGs will imo be picked by none. simply because their "strenghts" are dwarfed by their short-comings.
    worst DMG model, mostly inferior RPM, worse ADS accuracy compared to other weapons, no access to higher magnification the 1,5x, bullet-drop and drag so infuriation even 30m targets need to stand still to hit.
    strengths better base hip-fire but hip-fire is also determined by RPMso in general its even i think at least since the STG1-5 can pump out more bullets in the same time then STEN/MP40/MP34/ZK-383, 0,05s faster deploy time i guess can be counted as an advantage.....
    so yeah this is just dissecting gun-play not even mentioning the other huge issues
    team-balance/vehicle-balance/map-balance/UI-problems and the mountain of added bugs/removed content and mechanics.....
  • Hawxxeye
    6551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Since when does PC have certification costs?
  • Legarhead
    @Legarhead

That sucks...but I would have more sympathy for them if those patches worked instead of making the game worse. They are wasting money on these patches then . Dice doesn't play test at all before pushing these out ?

• Legarhead
    edited June 2019
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    I dont think that's a fair assessment from the site. The problem BFV has is that the bugs such as stuttering, momentary sluggish movement have not been resolved or look like being resolved. They have made some good changes and fixes.

That line is from his review of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I just thought it fits the state that this game is in ..
    I just changed the original image to show BFV box art instead.
    latest?cb=20130301210621

I agree they can fix stuff fast if they really want to.