Gulf of Oman,Altai range, golmud, Caspian border the Best map ever and BF4 great game

PATTERSON_US
38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2019
Dice should learn from the success of this map and the BF4 game itself. I miss this map, nice for camping, vehicle tank, airplanes and infantry. I miss the AC-130 gunship and cruise missile from the commander . I miss the hardcore mode made by DiCE server. BFV would be a great game if they followed BF4 formula. Maybe they still have time to fix it. I hope so. And for you guys, which is your favourite map of Battlefield 4/1/V?
Post edited by PATTERSON_US on

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was okay.  They need a forest map like Night woods from Hardline.  I always loved that map for some odd reason.
  • PATTERSON_US
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    55567900 wrote: »
    bf4 still has servers to play on, both on ps4 and xbox.
    you can still play golmud. golmd 24/7 servers are still active

👏👏
  • PATTERSON_US

👏👏

Sarcastic
  • PATTERSON_US
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    It was okay.  They need a forest map like Night woods from Hardline.  I always loved that map for some odd reason.

Yes that's true, I think on BFV need bigger maps with villages
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they just made BFV a cheap BF4 clone with a WW2 skin, I think I'd be even more disappointed than I am now. Personally, I think BF4 is the most overrated video game of all time, and I can't forget how horrifically buggy it was for it's first year. Still, I had fun with it when it was eventually fixed by DICE LA.

Golmud Railway was actually a nearly perfect BF map. It had all sorts of combat, barring naval combat. This, along with Paracel Storm, is the only base game map I really enjoyed in BF4. My favourite maps in BF4, however, were Propaganda and Silk Road ... 

There are some things DICE can take from BF4, such as how it handled it's assignment tracking, it's overall UI (though it wasn't perfect) or the abundance of transport vehicles you had in that game. 

It's hard for me to say what my favourite map in the entire franchise is ... I'd say that my favourite maps were Grand Bazaar, Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman, Tehran Highway, Kharg Island, Golmud Railway, Silk Road, Propaganda, St. Quentin's Scar, Sinai Desert, Soissons, Albion, Nivelle Nights, Heligoland Bight, Prise de Tahure, Passchendaele ...
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally didn't like Golmud. It was too open and fillet with roof campers. The only decent playable area was the town part. My favorite maps were from Naval Strike DLCs. I absolutely love all of them. The main reason for that is amazing Attack Boat combat. Its probably the best and most balanced combat vehicle ever designed in a BF game. Extremely fun and satisfying because of BF4 water simulation and TV missiles that I used to be really good when sniping enemy jets and helicopters.

In BF1 my favorite map was Rupture and Fort De Vaux. Rupture provided great combined arms gameplay. Fort was an amazing infantry map that was designed by a genius. It wasn't just a straight corridor with 64 players facing each other. It was nicely balanced, well thought out map with flanking routes and mix of close and medium range combat. 

In BF5 currently my top picks are Hamada and Arras and Devastation. Sadly, BF5 does not provide great variety of maps. Its mostly cut down versions of classic BF maps. Al Sundan was about to become a great addition, but got delayed for God knows how long. Probably a few months.
  • PATTERSON_US
    I personally didn't like Golmud. It was too open and fillet with roof campers. The only decent playable area was the town part. My favorite maps were from Naval Strike DLCs. I absolutely love all of them. The main reason for that is amazing Attack Boat combat. Its probably the best and most balanced combat vehicle ever designed in a BF game. Extremely fun and satisfying because of BF4 water simulation and TV missiles that I used to be really good when sniping enemy jets and helicopters.

In BF1 my favorite map was Rupture and Fort De Vaux. Rupture provided great combined arms gameplay. Fort was an amazing infantry map that was designed by a genius. It wasn't just a straight corridor with 64 players facing each other. It was nicely balanced, well thought out map with flanking routes and mix of close and medium range combat. 

In BF5 currently my top picks are Hamada and Arras and Devastation. Sadly, BF5 does not provide great variety of maps. Its mostly cut down versions of classic BF maps. Al Sundan was about to become a great addition, but got delayed for God knows how long. Probably a few months.

Agree with you , naval strike wasn't for me but Arras and Hamada yes very good maps, for me in BFV the maps are too small so you get spot everywhere lol.
  • PATTERSON_US

Omg Gulf of Oman, I forgot this map, it was awesome , I loved it, I felt like being at war. It a shame I didn't play that much because there were too many maps and most of the servers had only the original maps from BF4.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still find BF4 to be the worst mainline BF4 game ever made and I still don't get this cult like devotion it gets. The only base maps that were any good were Parcel Storm and Dawnbreaker. Golmud was alright with the town portion but the rest was way too open. Naval Strike maps were awesome, Propaganda was really good as well.
  • PATTERSON_US
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I still find BF4 to be the worst mainline BF4 game ever made and I still don't get this cult like devotion it gets. The only base maps that were any good were Parcel Storm and Dawnbreaker. Golmud was alright with the town portion but the rest was way too open. Naval Strike maps were awesome, Propaganda was really good as well.

Propaganda yes very good, well back then was the first game with 64 players and large scale battles, BF4 was made very well
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Omg Gulf of Oman, I forgot this map, it was awesome , I loved it, I felt like being at war. It a shame I didn't play that much because there were too many maps and most of the servers had only the original maps from BF4.
    I hate Gulf of Oman in BF4 because of that stupid sandstorm. BF3 version was A LOT better.
  • bunningsSnagz
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they wonted to make good maps in this game they should just copy and paste half the maps from BF4 and BF3. Map design in this game so fair has left much to be desired. 
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

that was the most fun map to roll in the heli
  • PATTERSON_US
    PATTERSON_US said:

I hate Gulf of Oman in BF4 because of that stupid sandstorm. BF3 version was A LOT better.

Sandstorm takes 2 min only come on
  • ragnarok013
    3877 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

YourLocalPlumber  I loved Gulf of Oman in BF2 and BF3 but I did appreciate the sandstorm in BF4 because it shut down the hotel roof and crane snipers.
  • PATTERSON_US
    If they wonted to make good maps in this game they should just copy and paste half the maps from BF4 and BF3. Map design in this game so fair has left much to be desired. 

True
  • PATTERSON_US
    YourLocalPlumber said:

PATTERSON_US said:

YourLocalPlumber  I loved Gulf of Oman in BF2 and BF3 but I did appreciate the sandstorm in BF4 because it shut down the hotel roof and crane snipers.

Hahah omg so many snipers . It was so great. I used to jump from the airplane and land to one of the best tower spot and start to sniping on hardcore mode. No spot one shot down lol