The main problem with BFV

Harrahh
21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2019
After all these months of the game being a complete mess, I do actually think it's starting to turn around, albeit all the bugs that show up almost every patch.

IMO the one problem that still really [removed] me off with this game is the one frame death issue. It's been a problem from the beginning but no one seems to be talking about it (anymore) and there is no word of it being fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will constantly be killed by (apparently) a single M1911 shot, or a stray Suomi shot while at full health. Sometimes it never happens, other times it happens multiple times in one match.

If they do eventually fix it, then personally I feel like I'll actually get good vibes from the game and whole heartedly think the future looks bright.

I know there are other issues, don't get me wrong, but to me that one fix would make a world of difference.
Post edited by ragnarok013 on

Comments

• spartanx169x
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not trolling you when I ask this, But have you recorded your  one frame deaths and reviewed them and or posted them to youtube (or similar)? Most one frame deaths are really not, its just the lightening fast TTK. 
  • Harrahh
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    The main problem with BF V is that it is a broken game that was never finished/polished and was delivered in an unfinished state.  It's sad, actually.

True! I wonder if they pushed the game back even further before releasing it would have done more bad than good in comparison to the state it's currently in
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2060 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Harrahh said:
    have you recorded your  one frame deaths and reviewed them and or posted them to youtube (or similar)?

It's funny you ask because I actually have😂 image albeit edited down so it doesnt take an age to watch, but in all the clips I was at 100hp

I agree sometimes it could be the TTK/TTD but what I dont understand is that I very rarely kill people that quickly.
    Oh man that is just sad to watch.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Harrahh said:
    have you recorded your  one frame deaths and reviewed them and or posted them to youtube (or similar)?

It's funny you ask because I actually have😂 image albeit edited down so it doesnt take an age to watch, but in all the clips I was at 100hp

I agree sometimes it could be the TTK/TTD but what I dont understand is that I very rarely kill people that quickly.
    This video is the story of my life in BFV. Constant instant deaths, meanwhile it feels like it takes me 30 minutes to kill one guy.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No shenanigans and lack of maps.  Also need more cowbell.
  • Trokey66
    8739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Harrahh wrote: »

It's funny you ask because I actually have😂 albeit edited down so it doesnt take an age to watch, but in all the clips I was at 100hp

Whilst yes, may of those did indeed appear 'suspicious', a lot included head shots and with the headshot multiplier in this game, insta-death is going to happen often.

Whilst I do not disagree totally with your premise, I feel in many instances, the game is 'working as intended' and it is the much vaulted 'skillfull' TTK in action.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    That video is my experience too. It's unplayable on xbox after the last update. I quit playing and I won't be buying anything else from dice or ea.

Total garbage.
    Joining a server on XBOX1 is a pain now.  Most of the time loading into a game it freezes up then dashboards ya.  Then have to reload BF5 and try all over again.  Probably reason I didn't get the new MMG unlocked yesterday.  Waste more time trying to get into a server.
  • amkingchar
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I have to say that 80% of my experience in the game is death and on PC is even harder to play and enjoy!

It happens to me  a lot somehow a surprise attack and full head shot I mean can some one explain me the balance here? If the Suomi or the lewis is able to make a 1 shot head shot why the recon bolt action rifles can't deal a 1 shot chest shot ...oh yeah dice removed the sweet spot... to make everything "BALANCED"

To be honest am very disappointed by the performance of the game from the beginning until now is still a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ show update by update is getting worse and yes it was very much a rush once it came out  unfinished and unpolished such a waste of money . A big shame of the previous titles and a huge lack of originality in general plus it doesn't feel like BF anymore. Lesson taken never trust DICE under the control of EA !   
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Harrahh said:

I agree TTK/TTD not being synced is the most ridiculous and dumb thing in this game. 
    Played BF1 last week an there you can actually feel all the hits you receive. Like *hit* *hit* *hit* dead. 
    But here most of the deaths are instant and I have no hope this crap is going to be fixed at all.
  • spartanx169x
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Harrahh said:

It's funny you ask because I actually have😂 albeit edited down so it doesnt take an age to watch, but in all the clips I was at 100hp

So I watched the video, the first two were certainly instant deaths, but most after that were not, I watchede the video at .75 speed and you can see the health tick down. The problem I did notice  was that you were getting shot a few miliseconds before any sound of being shot every single time, maybe even as much as  .25 of a second which is a long time in that situation. The ridiculous fast TTK is mostly the culprit. If a player lands consecutive shots its almost instant death. In prior games, the spread of most weapons were enough to cause bullets to miss unless at point blank range, which slowed the TTK considerably even though on paper BF4 and BFHL are nearly equal to BFV, the spread is enough  to slow it down to be playable. Spread whether by recoil or simple random bullet deviation in BF1 is pretty much absent in this game. Nothing will be done. This is the meta. They  COULD create a "Classic/Casual" Conquest with a slower TTK, but they won't. 
    Post edited by spartanx169x on
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Harrahh wrote: »

I dont know why .....but I kept on hearing this song in my head while watching your video...
  • NN_Buzz12
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Customers trust is a terrible thing to waste.
  • Maretex
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I can't believe some players think this game can be saved, it came out of the gate like a horse with broken legs and has been dragging itself across glass using it's jaw ever since with more problems every patch.

Their firestorm thankfully failed, their garbage live service has also thankfully failed, and they pushed away both side of the community trying to push core and HC together at once which has failed for the most part.
    So, you're happy that something has failed? Why is that, may I ask?

I don't believe anything has failed this far. People are enjoying the skins (lots, I mean lots of people using those Epic skins), people are enjoying the game. This post was about the bugs and netcode issues (which I believe it could be the case). They exist and should be prioritized, yes. But this "game is dead", "game can't be 'saved'" story is getting old pretty quick. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Game isn't dead.  Just USA 1-5 open spots for advance filters gave me 61 near full servers yesterday alone for just conquest on XBOX1.