Aggressive sniping is not a thing anymore?

amkingchar
68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So let me start by saying that from the past I created a favor on the recon/scout classes in BF titles. Many will hate me but I believe that BF4 was my favorite sniping I know it was a BB gun bullet but  watching the bullet go down to an enemy was way more than satisfied. 

Also back in BF4 that's when I started creating an interest on Aggressive sniping with the "Scout Elite" being my fav for close shootings and the SSR61 for long range. What I really liked back then is that every sniper was different than the other and some had way more power than others did. After BF1 sniping became easier with less bullet drop yes  it was way more easier.

But right now on BFV seeing how the recon class performs is really depressing. I haven't seen anyone going for aggressive sniping except some lovable cheaters that they tend to have 60/1. In BFV recon almost feels that it's one of the lowest class of the game. I still don't accept the removal of sweet spot but realistically a chest shot would kill a man in WW2.

Right now I really found it hard to even go closer to some main objectives in some maps for example E in Arras or E in Twisted Still. And with the maps having that density it's even harder to spot so most of the times as a sniper am dealing with either a surprise attack which i cannot do anything expect of throwing a smoke switching to secondary and leaving the area or stick in a very far location and shoot praying for head shots. I see some people holding the Boys AT but I don't like the disadvantage of being  to the ground every time.

I would really wish to have weapons that actually feel different than the other like in BF4 had but without having any disadvantages for now in a really poor state of the game is there any way to be an aggressive sniper ??    

Comments

• RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Using semi auto rifles ( I like the ZH-29 ) or the pistol carbine works for me.
  • lllSTALINGRADlll
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Dude, you're probably just an average player. Look how steep the skill plays a gamer in the aggressive style and write more than his stuff.
    P.S.The guy in the video is not a hacker.

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dude, you're probably just an average player. Look how steep the skill plays a gamer in the aggressive style and write more than his stuff.

Iron sights are still dead, I asked Stodeh and he said he never uses them anymore.
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People I know who were sniper mains in previous games now use the assault slr for aggressive sniping I don't see the problem.
    But on another note why not just use the recon sar 1906 etc for aggressive recon that's what I do.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

My take away is that it must be really really nice to play with proper hitreg and actually take damage in real time instead of taking bullet damage all at once so every gun drops you like a sniper rifle. The framerate also looked great. Why can't my game be even remotely as playable?
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Now try that with a controller on low frame rate and tick rate console ...
  • ElliotLH
    9438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I consider myself aggressive when playing Recon but generally I'll be using the P08 or ZH-29 rather than a BAR. Basically what others said earlier.
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I always end up aggressive when playing Recon :smiley:
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am a main scout and I would describe myself as a decent player, however playing as a scout in this game has become quite stale. Even people that are way less skilled are able in this game to easily outgun you with their easy to use weapons like LMGs, ARs or semi-automatic rifles. This is even he case at ranges that are supposed to be dominated by the scout, simply because there is too little recoil, almost every gun can equip 3x scopes and there is no spread overall. 

Recently I switched over to the support and the KE-7 and eliminated almost 60 enemies in the first round of conquest with that gun. That just proves to me that for certain classes and weapon categories the skill ceiling is way lower than for others. If you want to use something similar to a bolt-action rifle you are often better off using the „Drilling“ since it is good at both, getting long-range and short-range kills. 

I personally went back to Battlefield 1 which indeed is also not a perfect game. But compared to the mess called Battlefield 5 it seems like a blessing. You can use your bolt-action rifles aggressively without getting eliminated within fractions of a second. Also the movement is way more logical and predictable, you can hear enemies better, there is no bloody attrition, there is spread that panalizes enduring fire, etc. Back then I believed that Battlefield 5 could never be worse than Battlefield 1 but now things have changed and Battlefield 1 to me looks like a way better game. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    You can still play aggressive sniper. Assault and Medic have really good sniper rifles. Recon semi autos are okay but they don't compare to the ones that Assault have and the bolt action rifles are kill assist factories.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not like it was in BF1 that's for sure.
  • clouseau2112
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right u are, Tropic!

For the record...I'm an experienced aggressive sniper in BF1 (bolt action/iron sight only). And when I say aggressive, I mean capping flags all day long.

Sadly in BFV, this is not the case. Do I miss the aggressive sniper role, YES!

BFV is so focused on team Play, there's really no viable reason to have a sniper in a 4 man squad.

I rarely run scout...but I've adapted and play a different class, and I still love BFV.
    The emphasis on team play has dulled my loss of running aggressive sniper.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just watched one clip in which the enemies simply do not seem to be noticing a lot. Moreover you are using a self-loading rifle which is far easier to play than a bolt-action rifle. I personally do not like these weapons because they somehow feel unsatisfying to me although they would be the better option most times. And on top of that you are playing on console which is far more forgiving than playing on PC. Simply because opponents notice and shred you multiple times faster on PC trust me. If you showed up like that on the objective on PC you would be the first to die there.
  • amkingchar
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know after a couple of months playing this game and watching how new things updates weapons etc coming out they make it even worse than it used to be pretty depressing really. Now about the recon weapons don't get me wrong but using a ZH-29 or a self loading rifle is the least thing I would do since the bolt action rifles are truly more satisfied to use and personally I found them more fun.

But the reality is that the self  loading rifles hit two times and most of the times you can't go wrong with that. In general as a PC user the game feels really fast sometimes even faster than CoD and trust me CoD is one of my most hated games. Last but not least what I hate about the recon in BFV is mainly the fact that if you are close to an objective you probably will get shot and you don't have enough time to react so in some cases I feel kind of forced to stay a bit farther  
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes you can still play aggressive sniper and cap hard. I average around 645 to 700 spm in games by being aggressive on recon. Its very easy using an rsc or any other semi's no matter what you think about them. So no its not dead
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's well alive for me.

I'm sat in the objective with me iron sight ZH29 l, rocking them flares and beacons behind the enemy.

Love playing recon at the moment.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a fan of using the KAR98 with 3x scope, spam flares constantly, place beacons behind enemy lines and spend all game capping points. Yes, I am totally out gunned by just about every other weapon due to the highly accurate automatic fire, but I like the challenge. It takes some discipline to hold off that panic shot for a split second and forgo the body shot for a head shot. But so worth it when it pays off. Also get some nice quick scopes and no scopes in CQB, its fun :)
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think there should be a sniper limit to the game, limited to a quarter of your side being allowed to use the recon class. Everyone will hate it to start with and it would be a massively controversial move, but at least it would get the game moving more than what it is at the moment!

However, I do think the P08 carbine with a scope is a massively underrated weapon and in the right circumstances, is the perfect aggressive recon tool