Aggressive sniping is not a thing anymore?

Comments

• JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    I think there should be a sniper limit to the game, limited to a quarter of your side being allowed to use the recon class. Everyone will hate it to start with and it would be a massively controversial move, but at least it would get the game moving more than what it is at the moment!

However, I do think the P08 carbine with a scope is a massively underrated weapon and in the right circumstances, is the perfect aggressive recon tool
    I don't.
    Not very nice knowing that someone wants to ruin my preferred style of play to feel better about themselves. 
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    I think there should be a sniper limit to the game, limited to a quarter of your side being allowed to use the recon class. Everyone will hate it to start with and it would be a massively controversial move, but at least it would get the game moving more than what it is at the moment!

However, I do think the P08 carbine with a scope is a massively underrated weapon and in the right circumstances, is the perfect aggressive recon tool
    I don't.
    Not very nice knowing that someone wants to ruin my preferred style of play to feel better about themselves. 
    lf your style of play is to sit at the back of the map sniping, acquiring with more deaths than kills, then I'm afraid you're part of the problem for the sake of this discussion.
    Granted, there are some snipers who can change the game by racking up a high kill count, but the vast majority are nearly always at the bottom of the scoreboard, offering a minimal contribution to the game.

And I really don't give a **** about making myself feel better, as it should be about creating fun and balanced games for everyone, not the selfish few who don't PTFO and lose games. 
    And I'm not saying to completely get rid of snipers, I'm literally suggesting that there should be a limit so that the players have to play as more offensive classes.

• GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    IIIIIFELIXIIIIII said:
    Dude, you're probably just an average player. Look how steep the skill plays a gamer in the aggressive style and write more than his stuff.
    P.S.The guy in the video is not a hacker.

Now try that with a controller on low frame rate and tick rate console ...

like this?

• Tactical_wizzzeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does tromboncino spamming counts?
  • Noodlesocks
    3610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Man, no wonder the devs don't think there's anything wrong. Game looks so slow paced on console.
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    LankRich said:

And I'm not saying to completely get rid of snipers, I'm literally suggesting that there should be a limit so that the players have to play as more offensive classes.

Then there should also be a limit on the no. of assaults who can run around with their 3X scoped laserbeaming SLRs, as these are super weapons for sniping.
    Not sure the suggested limit is possible in reality.
  • ragnarok013
    3816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    VOLBANKER said:
    I always end up aggressive when playing Recon :smiley:
    VOLBANKER I'm with you.  On the very rare occasion that I play recon I use a loadout with an aggressive weapon, spotting flare and spawn beacon. Last night I found out how lovely the P-08 Carbine is.
  • ragnarok013
    3816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    LankRich said:

LankRich hopefully that'll be an option with Private Games.  I know some of the most successful and popular BF3 and BF4 community servers use sniper limit plugins.
  • Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well most of the not so good recon snipers are aggressive in the in game chat still but i think that is not the thing that you are looking for. but aggressive they are if you put ap- mines on them and then shoot them one time whit your colt 1911 in the leg so you get ap-mine kills, you poke the hornets nest for sure =)

AT mines at spawn beacons is also fun but harder to get all the fun from.

found 4 spawn beacons in a cluster yesterday guess who had allot of fun there whit my M30 drilling.

support players needs to have fun also as they dont like our bipoded mmgs now days so its M30 drilling fun for all now. 
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cerben1 said:
    well most of the not so good recon snipers are aggressive in the in game chat still but i think that is not the thing that you are looking for. but aggressive they are if you put ap- mines on them and then shoot them one time whit your colt 1911 in the leg so you get ap-mine kills, you poke the hornets nest for sure =)

AT mines at spawn beacons is also fun but harder to get all the fun from.

found 4 spawn beacons in a cluster yesterday guess who had allot of fun there whit my M30 drilling.

support players needs to have fun also as they dont like our bipoded mmgs now days so its M30 drilling fun for all now. 
    There's a humble brag in here somewhere in this disjointed rant.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:

I don't.
    lf your style of play is to sit at the back of the map sniping, acquiring with more deaths than kills, then I'm afraid you're part of the problem for the sake of this discussion.
    Granted, there are some snipers who can change the game by racking up a high kill count, but the vast majority are nearly always at the bottom of the scoreboard, offering a minimal contribution to the game.

And I really don't give a **** about making myself feel better, as it should be about creating fun and balanced games for everyone, not the selfish few who don't PTFO and lose games. 

Quite clearly you failed to read my earlier post as that is not how I play at all. Typical mindset of people who are upset with snipers in game....
    I top the leaderboard in most of my games, usually in the top 5, and that is more to do with gaining points from capping flags, and spamming spot flares more than kills.

Here is what I said, 

I'm a fan of using the KAR98 with 3x scope, spam flares constantly, place beacons behind enemy lines and spend all game capping points. Yes, I am totally out gunned by just about every other weapon due to the highly accurate automatic fire, but I like the challenge. It takes some discipline to hold off that panic shot for a split second and forgo the body shot for a head shot. But so worth it when it pays off. Also get some nice quick scopes and no scopes in CQB, its fun 

So again no thanks, I don't want to be barred from playing my fave class because you think me and everyone else that plays recon, are campers and can't handle them.

• amkingchar
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don;t think giving a limit to recon class would be a great or a smart move there are many people out there who like the recon class because obviously is one of the most challenging once in the game. Not only is a challenge some times to get a clean head shot but to be able to survive is much harder knowing that your gun is probably outgunned from assaults and support and mostly all of the classes

The challenge is sometimes fun and satisfying but for me I start to believe that especially on PC the problem is the pace the game feels much faster than consoles and also everything feels smaller in terms of distance. Don't get me wrong we faced a lot of topics in terms of maps being small and everything and also a lot of topics say that the titles started to look more like CoD maybe this is the problem?? Bringing the idea  of another game in every class ? If  the mind set is this then I feel like obviously every class except recon is fine ! 
  • GVlXxf
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    what aggressive scout? most is using aimbot cheating scout. 

1. stand in their angle, as long as u can, if u see all the time have headshot reflection, it prove they is cheating, as no hand shake.

2. aimbot scout , have no bullet drop from distance, u can detect it when seeing camping scout at far distance( most cheating scout is camping at far flag .

so i didn't think there was any aggressive, good scout, only cheating scout(mostly), as it 's true in BFV 
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @AmKing_Char I can totally agree with the point you have made here. I am among the 0,1% of scouts in this game in terms of total score and I think somewhere in the top 5% in terms of score per minute. However on PC most of the times you are at a huge disadvantage with your class, especially if you play mainly bolt-action rifles like I do. 

As soon as you get spotted by any assault or support there is little to no chance for you to escape any more. The TTD is too fast and unforgiving. Also it is much easier in this game to land following-up shots with a fast firing gun than with a slow-firing one. This is intensified by the fact that there is simply too little recoil on PC and literally no spread at all. As I already mentioned somewhere in the forums, I recently played one round as a support with the KE-7 and instantly eliminated nearly 60 players with it in my first round with that gun without making a great effort. Playing bolt-action rifles on PC is rather only a thing for die-hard fans of that weapon category. Those rifles are just unbelievably situational and mostly more of a hindrance than an actual advantage. It is sad to see how much of a joke bolt-action rifles have become. Nobody is afraid of them any more, since they can heal up instantly again after getting hit once. Also the movement in this game is way less predictable than in the previous games what makes slow-firing guns extremely punishing to use. Because once the enemy starts an ADAD-spam it is likely to be over. I just hate the fact that the game limits your playstyle so massively. For me the freedom of you playstyle has always been one of the most fun elements of Battlefield. Now I feel like I am forced into that more passive role in order to be effective. Once you go outside you gun‘s comfort-zone you will get punished for it. There is no more aggressive scouting with bolt-action rifles any more as there was in previous titles. 
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    what aggressive scout? most is using aimbot cheating scout. 

1. stand in their angle, as long as u can, if u see all the time have headshot reflection, it prove they is cheating, as no hand shake.

2. aimbot scout , have no bullet drop from distance, u can detect it when seeing camping scout at far distance( most cheating scout is camping at far flag .

so i didn't think there was any aggressive, good scout, only cheating scout(mostly), as it 's true in BFV 

What in the world are you talking about.
  • Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    as ppl play more recon then any other class i dont think they need an buff the only thing that is scares on the servers now days are medics that give first aid packs  and revives ppl and suport that gives ammo its less support now days all over last 5 games it was around 7 in an 64 player server. and a round 25 recon even action-man has gone down in numbers 
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:

I don't.

Quite clearly you failed to read my earlier post as that is not how I play at all. Typical mindset of people who are upset with snipers in game....
    I top the leaderboard in most of my games, usually in the top 5, and that is more to do with gaining points from capping flags, and spamming spot flares more than kills.

Here is what I said, 

I'm a fan of using the KAR98 with 3x scope, spam flares constantly, place beacons behind enemy lines and spend all game capping points. Yes, I am totally out gunned by just about every other weapon due to the highly accurate automatic fire, but I like the challenge. It takes some discipline to hold off that panic shot for a split second and forgo the body shot for a head shot. But so worth it when it pays off. Also get some nice quick scopes and no scopes in CQB, its fun 

So again no thanks, I don't want to be barred from playing my fave class because you think me and everyone else that plays recon, are campers and can't handle them.

I get what you're saying with how you can effectively play as the recon class, as that's how I use the Krag Jorgensen. And I agree that it's rewarding when the technique you mentioned works and you're able to get it right..

But telling me your personal statistics and how you chose to play does not represent the majority of players who play as recon. If you play a game of Breakthrough, Frontlines or a game mode that requires the team push forwards towards an objective, you'll find that your sniping peers are far from John Wicking it on the frontlines... Sniping from a distance isn't necessarily a problem if there are a handful of snipers who can rack up kills in the objective area, but when there are more than 10 - 15 players doing so at the back of the map, the game gets stagnant and boring very quickly. 

It's not that I hate snipers, as I enjoy using bolt action rifles and have done since BF4. But there should be something in place that forces the players to move forward and do more than just camp at the back of the map.
    For instance either limit the number of players who can play as recon, or potentially introduce a live system that monitors the heat map of players and changes the weather accordingly to their activity (or lack of), that forces the player to change their approach. I swear BF1 had this with the foggy weather? 
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich wrote: »
    JUJAMAKILL said:

LankRich said:

I don't.

@LankRich Kill counts don't mean squat. You can go 1000-0 and not contribute a damn thing. I'd rather have my whole team playing Scout and sitting miles from any objective but actually defending something than have a team of hot headed Assault that think farming kills on a flag is contributing when they hold nothing.
  • ShakariPsy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:

I don't.

The point of this game is to have fun yourself, not make everyone else enjoy it and the expense of your of own enjoyment. A majority of the sniper kit is designed around engaging at long range. This is suited to sitting at the back and picking of targets.
    Historically this has always been the case. The class really should be called a sniper and there is little in the way of support for close to medium combat, outside of one tides of war carbine the PO8. BF4 had the best interation of the scout as it actually had a long/medium/closee range weapon selection for the operator.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:

I don't.

Here is what I said, 

I get what you're saying with how you can effectively play as the recon class, as that's how I use the Krag Jorgensen. And I agree that it's rewarding when the technique you mentioned works and you're able to get it right..

But telling me your personal statistics and how you chose to play does not represent the majority of players who play as recon. If you play a game of Breakthrough, Frontlines or a game mode that requires the team push forwards towards an objective, you'll find that your sniping peers are far from John Wicking it on the frontlines... Sniping from a distance isn't necessarily a problem if there are a handful of snipers who can rack up kills in the objective area, but when there are more than 10 - 15 players doing so at the back of the map, the game gets stagnant and boring very quickly. 

It's not that I hate snipers, as I enjoy using bolt action rifles and have done since BF4. But there should be something in place that forces the players to move forward and do more than just camp at the back of the map.
    For instance either limit the number of players who can play as recon, or potentially introduce a live system that monitors the heat map of players and changes the weather accordingly to their activity (or lack of), that forces the player to change their approach. I swear BF1 had this with the foggy weather? 
    You're missing the point of the conversation....

Any imposed recon limit would punish those of us that do help our team, more than punish those who don't. 

How does limiting the one class that can actually spot enemy players for the rest of the team effectively and drop beacons behind enemy lines for quicker deployment on the objective make for a better experience? 

It may sound like a good idea to some people (restricting the recon class limits), but I don't think people think these things through very well at all. It's a knee jerk reaction to cope with the ZOMG 50 BAJILLION camping snipers!!!!1!!11!! 

If people are drawn to that playstyle, do you think that removing the recon class all together will remedy that? I don't.

They will just go assault, with 3x scope DMR's and camp 50m closer. They still ain't gonna cap those damn points, but hey we can always limit assault too eh?