Updates that break more than they fix

LankRich
115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I feel like we're at a point now where every time DICE announces an update, we prepare ourselves for an abundance of new bugs and issues with the game. Whilst it's no longer surprising, it's ridiculous how these issues are consistently not being identified before the content is released.

Last night, during my first couple of games I was noticing things like invisible players running about, plane weapons not registering hits on enemies, plane gadgets not working at all, being unable to view assignments from the menu, no sound coming from planes, no face paints on Axis troops, no camouflage on axis bombers, one frame deaths (nothing new there), stuttering and frame rate loss. 

Whilst I tend to spend a lot of my time piloting or as the medic class, the rest of you have probably encountered different issues for different gaming styles and different consoles/ PC, which I may have missed out on.

I may be wrong in saying this, but I really think DICE have really got their priorities wrong with this game. We're seeing the all-new elite skins for soldiers and weapons being released (which in my opinion look ****), but are seeing very little in terms of fixing the fundamentals of the game. 

Comments

• dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just think the guys who really know how to fix things are making another bf game leaving a skeleton crew to struggle with this one.
    How much would it cost ea to employ a few games testers lots of kids would do it for almost free so they could work out if the patch is worth it.

THIS ONE WAS NOT WORTH IT!

Forgot the road map just test things and get them working.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just think the guys who really know how to fix things are making another bf game leaving a skeleton crew to struggle with this one.
    How much would it cost ea to employ a few games testers lots of kids would do it for almost free so they could work out if the patch is worth it.

THIS ONE WAS NOT WORTH IT!

Forgot the road map just test things and get them working.

I said something similar to that a while ago! I mean they could have offered work experience or placements for upcoming game developers/ students who need industry experience to help in the development of the game. They would get the bodies they need to properly test the content they're releasing at a minimal cost.

They're attempting to run before they can walk and it's not working 

• NuttysKunKs
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It’s simply the frostbite engine. That’s all that’s wrong.

They need to design a new game engine imo
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    I feel like we're at a point now 
    Now? 6 months ago more like
  • LankRich
    Prep768 said:
    LankRich said:
    I feel like we're at a point now 
    Now? 6 months ago more like
     :D  Yeah fair play, I was being generous..