BF5 > BF: Hardline & BF1

iGodBody
62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Unpopular opinion that I feel like at least one other person has to share.

If you played Hardline you know it launched a broken mess, the spawns sucked, etc. I'm sure they fixed it 6+ months later but I gave up on it like 2 months in. BF: 1 was a lot better than Hardline. But it lacked customization and content. There were like 3 variants of each gun. The gameplay was SOLID though. Loved the gunplay. Had some decent maps but none that I can say I loved. The sentry kit was cool but made the game too easy sometimes. You could go on a 20 kill spree with a medic running behind you. I can't say I played BF1 for more than 5-6 months on a consistent basis.

As for Battlefield 5.. While I DO prefer paying $50 for Premium to get consistent DLC releases and map packs, the drip fed content keeps me coming back. The weekly Tides of War challenges to unlock a new gun make the grind fun. This new Mercury map feels like its out of a different BF game & definitely refreshed the experience for me. Try it out in TDM, it's the only map with close quarters combat because it consists of 8~ houses. The only map that I can use a shotgun on no matter where I'm at. 

The upcoming Rent a Server in September looks like an improvement of what we previously had. And we have 3-4 more maps to look forward to before the new year? And they'll change the areas in Firestorm? Too much game for $30 tbh. Idk if its full price now but I feel like it's been half price longer than it's been full price. 

End love letter

Comments

• Maretex
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    BFV could easily be the best BF ever done. The gunplay is absolutely fantastic. Gameplay is fluid, fast and chaotic (what BF should be. Chaotic!). 
    I'm just waiting for the bug fixes and more maps to claim BFV as the best. No shame here. I've played every single one of them and I believe its potential. 
  • EA_Joz
    26 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator
    I have to agree with you on this one. Battlefield 5 is great! Along with the almighty Battlefield 4, and maybe 3  B)
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is great. If Dice can finally manage to fix annoying bugs and develop more content, it will easily dethrone BF4 as the best game in the series.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Lol BFV will be Always trash.

Bugs are Not the only Problem. Crappy Noob gunplay, CoD Movement, stupid attriction and a Camping dream for Every coward.

BFV will be Always remembered as the worst Battlefield for the run and gun community.

Fixed it for ya.
  • iGodBody
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meh. It feels like its the meta to be unfair towards BF5. Campers exist in every game. Bad squad mates too. Idk about COD Movement either, still feels like Battlefield to me. 
  • iGodBody
    EA_Joz said:
    I have to agree with you on this one. Battlefield 5 is great! Along with the almighty Battlefield 4, and maybe 3  B)
    Battlefield 3
    Battlefield 4
    Battlefield 5
    Battlefield 1
    Battlefield Hardline

That would be my order. Didn't play the previous games in the franchise to have an opinion on them
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    It looks nothing like WW2 though, and the movement is too fast. Other than that it does have great potential if they can fix the bugs, and lack of content stuff.
  • Sk1lld
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As an old person I have sight and hearing issues. I don't expect EA to Taylor a game just for me but sound that works is something a FPS absolutely needs to work properly. That and the forced TA that causes the whole graphics to look blurry just kills it for me.
    There are other issues with the game but I didn't want to get OP's thread derailed or locked.  I never played Hardline, but have played BF1 and didn't care for it, It felt to slow imho.
    As far as best BF, I'm going to have to say BFV is not even in the top 5 for me. I liked BFBC2 more, a more focused game with great sounds, good visibility and a more rock, paper, scissors game class system.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I genuinely enjoy the game. I get less rage than I had on BF1.

I realise people are having major issues and that absolutely sucks. I’ve been lucky and I like a lot of things the game does.

That being said the buggy patches have caused so much negativity and I think some of the responses or lack in f for that matter from EA are causing huge issues.
  • PATTERSON_US
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maretex wrote: »
    BFV could easily be the best BF ever done. The gunplay is absolutely fantastic. Gameplay is fluid, fast and chaotic (what BF should be. Chaotic!). 
    I'm just waiting for the bug fixes and more maps to claim BFV as the best. No shame here. I've played every single one of them and I believe its potential. 

Gunplay fantastic? I don't think so, for me BF4 gunfight is awesome , no silly spunds after you kill the person. Also the movement on bfV too fast, BF4 gameplay and gunfight looks better and more realistic than bfV
  • chinook240
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I think BF1 was a lot better than BFV and BF4, but I know that's a bit of an unpopular opinion here.

Still, I think BFV has some potential ... I just wish DICE could get a hold of this game's performance, because it's potential is circling down the drain every day.
    ^^What General Foch said!
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If the patches could actually make the game better instead of worse the game would stand a chance. Until that happens the game will continue as it is and that is as a bit of a joke.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Joz wrote: »

You think this garbage and disgrace to the series is better than BF1 that had better maps, vehicle gameplay, better flag layouts for the most part, and more balanced classes? I live here on the plain of reality.

Also I have a question, care to enlighten me on how microtransactions are surprise mechanics? Just curious.
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think BF5 couldve been more better , if DICE or who ever release , should've gave them more time too developed more content, and also.. some battlefield player fans, kinda took that too heart when they got insulted for intelligent, I will say BFV had worse marketing.