The game needs some Love and Care.

ProAssassin2003
3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2019
DICE need to come out and say that they are halting content until the foundation of BFV is sound and fix all the major issues. I think we would all appreciate DICE doing that.

There is potential to enjoy BFV greatly I've seen it and played it but it doesn't last because issues start happening. When the game is working it is amazing IMO but when it's broken like it somewhat is right now it's hard to enjoy it. My love for Battlefield is portrayed in Anger because I know how good Battlefield can be.

DICE if you see this but I doubt it take a step back and tell the teams to start fixing the game. Delay all Content until the community is happy with the gameplay and foundation of BFV.

"It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time"

Comments

• zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Some love and care"? Rather a whole freaking lot of love... :|
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve stated it before and I’ll state it again.

If you think the same people who fix bugs are the same as creating content then you are ill informed.

Theirs no need to do what you ask. Also, by doing so means you are punishing those who don’t have the game breaking bugs.

I understand the frustration, but what you are asking is wrong and won’t help anyone.
  • Mangrey
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    This game needs better patch testers !!!! they miss to much befor release ! or more time to test the patches 
  • LoliDominator
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve stated it before and I’ll state it again.

If you think the same people who fix bugs are the same as creating content then you are ill informed.

Theirs no need to do what you ask. Also, by doing so means you are punishing those who don’t have the game breaking bugs.

I understand the frustration, but what you are asking is wrong and won’t help anyone.

I dont think hes blaming anyone, hes asking to fix this game and pretty much everyone is getting these problem go read the forums. No one here spent a load of money just to play a half fast game. I myself like OP up there enjoy the Battlefield franchise i spent numerus hour on most of there games and like OP want to see Battlefield like it usually is - an amazing experience; but cant really enjoy it because their problem solving mind set is basically like moneky playing with plugs and outlets. As an example: fixing the plane engine noise that bothered ao many players including myself for MONTHS and exchanging it for a dang flare noise or it kinda sounds like when you blow up a tank and it starts to sper fire out ita turrent ring. I digress its these issues they need to fix, no human can multi task, if DICE works on both content and bugs thats 50% effort going towards content whilst 50% going towards bug fixing (retrospect its like 75% going to improving revenue and 5% going to the game itself) in hinesight they can get alot done with 100% going to improving the issues with the base game.

You should'nt keep building your house on sand
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @LoliDominator did you eve. Read my post?

I never said he blamed anyone. I said that the teams that fix the bugs arebtvthe sane that create the content.

No human is multitasking on it. You are making an incorrect assumption about game development.

Do you think when you build a house the same guy that paints the walls installs the heating? Different people and teams fix the bugs. They are not the same people creating content.

I also said I understood the frustration.

Honestly. Slow your thought processes down as I was trying to help people understand and you just went on a rant.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game need devs who understand the concept of battlefield and not just devs who are learning by doing.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE need to come out and say that they are halting content until the foundation of BFV is sound and fix all the major issues. I think we would all appreciate DICE doing that.

There is potential to enjoy BFV greatly I've seen it and played it but it doesn't last because issues start happening. When the game is working it is amazing IMO but when it's broken like it somewhat is right now it's hard to enjoy it. My love for Battlefield is portrayed in Anger because I know how good Battlefield can be.

DICE if you see this but I doubt it take a step back and tell the teams to start fixing the game. Delay all Content until the community is happy with the gameplay and foundation of BFV.

"It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time"
    The game needs to be in another competent companies hands. It's clear DICE has lost their way and just continue to botch up. Simply just hand the company over to a well known company that can get it right.
  • LoliDominator
    edited June 2019
    @LoliDominator did you eve. Read my post?

I never said he blamed anyone. I said that the teams that fix the bugs arebtvthe sane that create the content.

No human is multitasking on it. You are making an incorrect assumption about game development.

Do you think when you build a house the same guy that paints the walls installs the heating? Different people and teams fix the bugs. They are not the same people creating content.

I also said I understood the frustration.

Honestly. Slow your thought processes down as I was trying to help people understand and you just went on a rant.

Ive read you statement fully, i went on a rant because i was promised live service for the content I and many others spent hard earned money on. So when you said to OP that they dont need to do what you ask thats saying they dont need to keep the promise of giving a complete game with no issues. And im not going to a individual dice developer and try to go down his throught over this of course it cant just be that guys fault for alot of problems, its a team effort and when you say its not just one team why hasnt any other team in dice catch these plentiful problems or in the cercumstance you put with the painter and heating installer, If the painter missed a spot or that heating didnt work, the person who paid for that service would either have to catch that mistake and call them out on it and tell them to fix it cause they didnt pay for an unfinished product. You dont go to Subway and order and foot long and be fine with a 6 inch because the server thought you said 6 inch.
  • sabootheshaman
    @LoliDominator I said “no need” as it literally will achieve nothing.

Bunj, I get people are upset. I said that in my post. I myself am annoyed.

You’ve gone on again and now you’re using false equivalence in your point. I work in technology and have a reasonable idea how these things work. Your subway analogy is ridiculous. I used a simpler one to get the point across. Dev teams are hundred of people in a case like this.

You know to turn around and say “I misunderstood your point” is not really a big deal.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It needed another 12-18 months in development rather than pushed out when it was last year. Poor DICE are desperately trying to firefight issues since release as well as produce content. Hard to know where blame for all this lies.

Worst part is theres an amazing game here that is being let down by performance issues and lack of content up to now.
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield Hardline was at least completed and much better received. Here, it seems like they've been sentencing this game to its death since day 1. They need a miracle to turn this whole game around, and I don't think they'll be pulling it out of no where anytime soon, unfortunately.
  • LoliDominator

You’ve gone on again and now you’re using false equivalence in your point. I work in technology and have a reasonable idea how these things work. Your subway analogy is ridiculous. I used a simpler one to get the point across. Dev teams are hundred of people in a case like this.

You know to turn around and say “I misunderstood your point” is not really a big deal.

I stand by what i said. By just saying how much people are in there operation proves that these small but plentiful problem shouldnt be in the game there is 700 people on staff and not one can take the time and test an issue before release.
  • sabootheshaman

I stand by what i said. By just saying how much people are in there operation proves that these small but plentiful problem shouldnt be in the game there is 700 people on staff and not one can take the time and test an issue before release.
    So even though it would have zero gain you want to see content postponed like the OP just out of your own pure pig headedness? I have no idea what you do for a living in the real world, but maybe take the time to learn and understand how things operate/function. 
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If we have a major bug we'll hold off content and updates until it's fixed. It really depends on how big it is. Crashing machines is pretty big. Anyway, the idea is to not add something that could cause additional issues and hender pinning the bug down. Of course we work on web api and applications, but the concept is the same.

I'm sure it's not something people want to hear because of the slow content but Dice put themselves in this position. If my team was to release something as broken as battlefield 5, we'd be terminated. At a minimum, Management.
  • bunningsSnagz
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So even though it would have zero gain you want to see content postponed like the OP just out of your own pure pig headedness? I have no idea what you do for a living in the real world, but maybe take the time to learn and understand how things operate/function. 
    sabootheshaman, I do enjoy watching you tare people down but you're both kinda right. everything you say is true don't get me wrong, but hes (right in the way that there is a lot more DICE and EA could be doing to help mend the game. They could bring in staff from other DICE studios to help fix the bugs (from the correct division of course) but EA wont do that because they already see BFV as a financial failure and don't wont to take staff of other titles which can still bring in profit. They could also hire interdependent contractors to come in and help but DICE don't like that for what ever reason and, again, EA don't wont to spend the money. 

@LoliDominator Your wrong bro, you cant just put a graphics designer on a bug fixing team he'd have no idea what hes doing.
  • sabootheshaman
    Ouch @bunningsSnagz ... I’ll try to be gentler. I just find it frustrating when peeps don’t listen. Reasonable points by the way. I just can’t see it happening or happening soon as rolling on new staff would take a while to have an effect. I allow 3 months for rolling on fresh meat.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @sabootheshaman
    Great analogy 

"when you build a house the same guy that paints the walls installs the heating"

In BFV there is going to be a plethora of teams all working on various parts of the game.

• Map creation teams
    • Cosmetic development team ( probably )
    • Bugfixing team
    • Visual artists creating concept art highlighting new content
    • Balancing team
    • audio development team
    • VFX team concentrating on visual effects in the game
    • Criterion whom is working solely on Firestorm ( and potentially further updates to the mode ) 
    • and much more ( likely ) 
    I'm sure I've probably missed a few key roles out in that list
  • bunningsSnagz
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ouch @bunningsSnagz ... I’ll try to be gentler. I just find it frustrating when peeps don’t listen. Reasonable points by the way. I just can’t see it happening or happening soon as rolling on new staff would take a while to have an effect. I allow 3 months for rolling on fresh meat.
    Not having a go at you sabootheshaman just bringing up a few points to clarify the argument. <3
    I've seen your posts a lot on here and I've always thought you had great points and ideas, so i see where you're coming from when people just argue for the sake of it.   
  • sabootheshaman
    Things have gotta get better bunj.

Side note. Onions or cheese on the snag? Or both?
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Things have gotta get better bunj.

Side note. Onions or cheese on the snag? Or both?
    Lol the real important question is:

Do the onions go on top of or below the snag?   ;)