The game keeps freezing for a second when I get points

y_j_es_i
1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
The game keeps freezing for a second when I get points say from a kill or capping an objective

Comments

• Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never had the "stutter effect" until this last update. Can you believe how many problems are in a game like this after its release date. You have to think if these people are actually qualified in the job fields? It's nuts.
  • Jezzzeh
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whilst I've always had micro stutter problems they are worse in the last few updates.

If this is indeed linked to assignments (which I dont believe is the whole problem) then that surely points to communication between clients and servers being the problem.

Theres more going on though I suspect.
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've been getting stuttering, but normally it wasn't frequent or severe. Last match, it stuttered to a point of just crashing my game. I really, really wish they just fixed it.
  • NLBartmaN
    3032 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On console (PS4) for me all the stuutering and freezing is almost gone.

I only have a huge stutter/freeze when I make a kill with the Panzer Tank.
  • disposalist
    8436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That used to happen in the last BF1 DLC.  They fixed it back then.  In BF5, how could they 1) not avoid it and 2) not know how to fix it?...
  • CSO7777
    1067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That used to happen in the last BF1 DLC.  They fixed it back then.  In BF5, how could they 1) not avoid it and 2) not know how to fix it?...
    It seems like when Dice Sweden gives the game to Dice LA, any fixes made (by Dice LA) are not being ported back to Dice Sweden.

And any adjustments to game-play aren't either, ADAD-spam, bunny jumping etc is back even though it was fixed in BF1.
  • Noodlesocks
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it's not the same problem that BF1 had because that was due to memory limits which was remedied by Dice LA but if BFV is reaching its limits already then that is going to be a considerable problem given what is expected to still come.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never tried but is there a way to turn of that part of the HUD and maybe it fixes the stutter issue.
  • Tullzter
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, the stutters are less and less apparent but when they do occur, it is for a longer time than what we've had before, i think it happens when you get consecutive kills back to back and there's a large point tally