a method to the madness?

X_Sunslayer_X
1482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
i can not wrap my head around what BFV has been so far.
i mean the game launched in a state resembling an indie early access and even those tend to be more stable. and cost a hell of a lot less then 60-80€. its astonishing really i mean sure maybe the odd dev said the game is everything but in a launch-able state but EA might have forced the release nonetheless. so moving on from that...
but to consistently delivering "patches"  that are breaking the game in more places then fixing it is just baffling to me. if you can't provide patches every 2 weeks to address the issues then bloddy don't do it. we are not ysour personal QM-team you can abuse for free FFS. and its not like its been one patch almost every patch since release was at best and i mean absolute best mediocre in terms of quality from one of the biggest studios in the industry and the best is mediocre. oh but once your precious monetization is compromised it gets a hotfix within the hour?! who are you even trying to lie to anymore? yourselves or the community? not once has there been a proper apology for this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯-poor excuse of a BF game. lets face it everything to the core of BFV is a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ attempt to throw sand into the communities eyes.
core game-play is flawed at best, attrition has done more harm then good in the game, fortifications are laughably bad at the bets of times, map design at bets mediocre, weapon-balance i mean for assault and support BFV  is a wet-dream when it comes to versatility while the rest can go getting stomped half the time, anti-cheat no one even knows if its there anymore since cheaters seem to never be banned or just reappear after a few days, vehicle balance against each other and infantry is laughable. is mediocrity now what you want DICE? are we expecting too much to have a decently working game and balance? or are we dare i say it "uneducated"?
get your act together at least before BF2020 and save some of the communities good faith and your own self-esteem if you even have and left by this point.
after BF4 you promised to not repeat the mistakes and yet here we are again. or is BFV just a huge social experiment at this point testing with how much BS you can get away with? i am really asking this now. and the saddest thing is i believe most devs want BFV to be better but somewhere higher up the decisions are made to release screw-up after screw-up so maybe as employees take a stand for the dwindling community and save some face with the fans...

Comments

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMO someone high up at DICE or EA made a mistake letting the game release when it did. They've been struggling heavily to get it to a polished state since launch. This is a more botched launch than BF4 imo and if they ever get the game patched up so it's fun for most players it'll be the biggest gaming come back story of the decade lol.
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA: "Have I succumbed to madness?"
    EA: "Quite possibly."
    EA: "Then I shall embrace it."
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I found the game to be pretty awesome up until about 6mths in, that's when it felt like it started to get progressively worse for me. The lack of maps for all games modes and the introduction of countless bugs and poor networking has killed it for me.

The suggestion of the game being better if they hadn't rushed it's release and spent more time on developing it is laughable TBH, Just think if they took more time and released the game now, is the current live state of it any better than when it was released? 

• Hawxxeye
    7774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I found the game to be pretty awesome up until about 6mths in, that's when it felt like it started to get progressively worse for me. The lack of maps for all games modes and the introduction of countless bugs and poor networking has killed it for me.

The suggestion of the game being better if they hadn't rushed it's release and spent more time on developing it is laughable TBH, Just think if they took more time and released the game now, is the current live state of it any better than when it was released? 

For some reason I feel that my best experience with BFV was in the beta, before they nerfed the SLRs in favor of the SARs and the tanks actually felt scary.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Guys... in order to maintain your mental health I strongly advise to put the game down for a period of time...

I quit 4-5 wks ago and its the best thing I have ever done... I even went back and played SWBF2 for a bit which is in a decent place (and also obtainable at a more than reasonal price)...

Make a statement guys... drop the game (at least for a while) and let the management at EA & DICE worry about why players are leaving the game...

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

i personally had the impression that the ALPHA performed vastly better then the state of release.
    also if they actually delayed the game for 6 more months of course the overall experiance would've been better since almost all bugs and issues that we found in the "beta" were still in the full release simply because they had no time to fix it all
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We really did not find much in the BETA that they did not already know about.  The BETA was to get people to buy the game.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    We really did not find much in the BETA that they did not already know about.  The BETA was to get people to buy the game.

is that supposed to be an excuse then?
    the game launched in a terrible state and the state has somewhat improved sure but by god this practice of rushed releases is not acceptable and i will not excuse it. no matter what.
    you dont buy a car and then have the mechanic over months slowly put it together in your garage only to have the first parts to be assembled rusting away.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game was in a pretty good ststr when firestorm duos was up, at least on XB1X. Since then, it's been a steady downhill slope, that I hope rides itself soon.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game was in a pretty good ststr when firestorm duos was up, at least on XB1X. Since then, it's been a steady downhill slope, that I hope rides itself soon.

Firestorm worked fine at that point, the basic multiplayer was terrible though. That's when all the problems we have now started to show up, and to this day Firestorm still works better than normal multiplayer.