Weekly BF

vote up if you agree squad conquest is rubbish & reinstate classic domination and GB servers.

idk1233211
632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Squad conquest does not encourage team play, as much as classic domination did.
There are no flank routes in squad conquest, making everybody camp on their bellys with mg's to kill enemies at the sectors, and then push the flag.

Hardly anybody uses medic in squad conquest, because of how the mode forces everybody to camp.

reinstate domination & GB servers, apologise to the community for not seeking feedback from the official community here, and only relying on twitter polls.

Im sure there are lots of other issues, but i feel if you reinstate these, the community will get stronger and more players will come back.

Comments

• bigiain
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it worked really well when it came out (on xbox) and most people were running SMGs. Over time though, it's turned a bit rotten. Once the original enthusiasm wore off, the population dropped off to a point where it's starting with half full and very unbalanced servers a lot of the time. 

Playing it with numerically uneven teams doesn't work at all and happens far too often. The good or even average players are miles better than the poorer ones which leads to a lot of very quick quitting or poor players trying to camp flags they can barely see, never mind control. The mode does expose how pointlessly camping obsessed a lot of the community are, you've zero flags but your team will be up a tower or in a shop.

Fjell and Al Sundan are not good maps for it either. Fjell goes to a spawn trap very easily and Al Sundan becomes static quickly. Neither of them feel like the same game as the original maps.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain said:
    I thought it worked really well when it came out (on xbox) and most people were running SMGs. Over time though, it's turned a bit rotten. Once the original enthusiasm wore off, the population dropped off to a point where it's starting with half full and very unbalanced servers a lot of the time. 

Playing it with numerically uneven teams doesn't work at all and happens far too often. The good or even average players are miles better than the poorer ones which leads to a lot of very quick quitting or poor players trying to camp flags they can barely see, never mind control. The mode does expose how pointlessly camping obsessed a lot of the community are, you've zero flags but your team will be up a tower or in a shop.

Fjell and Al Sundan are not good maps for it either. Fjell goes to a spawn trap very easily and Al Sundan becomes static quickly. Neither of them feel like the same game as the original maps.
    vote up if you agree
  • ChiefSniper
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer SCQ actually, because kills matter.
  • idk1233211
    literally makes no sence. you can easily get kills on classic domination.
  • ChiefSniper
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 1
    55567900 said:
    Kills don't drop your enemies tickets in Domination though. They do in SCQ. So I do make sense.
    The only thing that makes the enemies tickets drop in Domination is the capped-flag status (2 or more flags). In SCQ it's capped-flag status AND kills that drop enemy tickets.
  • idk1233211
    55567900 said:
    Kills don't drop your enemies tickets in Domination though. They do in SCQ. So I do make sense.
    The only thing that makes the enemies tickets drop in Domination is the capped-flag status (2 or more flags). In SCQ it's capped-flag status AND kills that drop enemy tickets.

so you basically come to a thread for people who want domination back, just to say you dont want it.

• ChiefSniper
    edited July 1
    55567900 said:
    55567900 said:

so you basically come to a thread for people who want domination back, just to say you dont want it.

Did I say I didn't want it? You say SCQ is rubbish. I disagree, and I stated why I disagreed.
    And so what if I did? It's a forum for discussion afterall. You can't have thread titles like that and not expect some opinions, that's what forums are for. Deal with it.

• idk1233211
    edited July 1
    55567900 said:
    55567900 said:

Did I say I didn't want it? You say SCQ is rubbish. I disagree, and I stated why I disagreed.
    And so what if I did? It's a forum for discussion afterall. You can't have thread titles like that and not expect some opinions, that's what forums are for. Deal with it.

because you like kills and flags that drop the enemy tickets.  you only say why you like it, you dont bring an argument to the table.

you obvously like a game, where everybody camps on their belly and nobody runs medic.

atleast on domination, medic was used alot more, and encouraged more team work, because of how the game mode allowes you to flank around the map.
  • xXMatte_RktXx
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always play medic in squad conquest, alone or with my clan. So just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean nobody can like the mode. I see plenty of medics in this game mode and to be honest not that many campers as you say... I play on ps4
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i like squad conquest.  Get more evenly matched games there than in a lot of modes, and sometimes i like playing several short sharp rounds of squad conquest than long drawn out standard CQ rounds
  • idk1233211
    I always play medic in squad conquest, alone or with my clan. So just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean nobody can like the mode. I see plenty of medics in this game mode and to be honest not that many campers as you say... I play on ps4

its a fact that the mode encourages camping.

just because you have fun on it and had a few good matches doesn't nullifie it to be a decent mode for the majority.

• Hawxxeye
    5947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You mean Squad ClanStackFest?
  • xXMatte_RktXx
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How is it a fact sorry? Do you have any report on the subject or have you done deep studies? Your opinion has the same worth as mine so don't try to talk for everyone. Yeah you can also call that mode clanstackfest, cause until we don't have private servers that's the only thing a bit "competitive" where guys who are tired of playing with incompetent noobs can have somewhat of a challenge.
  • zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SQ is crap; always the same dang camping tank on a hill...
    To make it playable; remove the vehicles, up the tickets & up the players.

• iamwiener
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    I agree that squad conquest turned into a "one side dominating the other side" mode. Which is a pity. But you cant blame clans for playing this mode.

Have you ever seriously played this game mode?
    =
    No flanking? Are you serious? Unless you managed to be pinned down in your own spawn, it is quite easy to flank flag defenders. When the enemy camps your spawn, it does indeed need some team effort to break out. But which mode doesn't in a situation like this.
    =
    No medics? Minimum 1/3 of all players are medics sometimes even more than half the players.
    =
    I'm not saying that the other modes mentioned ain't good and fun to play and I do miss a round of domination now and then but what you say about squad conquest sound totally made up. Is this some kind of trolling?
  • ChiefSniper
    edited July 2
    55567900 said:

because you like kills and flags that drop the enemy tickets.  you only say why you like it, you dont bring an argument to the table.

you obvously like a game, where everybody camps on their belly and nobody runs medic.

atleast on domination, medic was used alot more, and encouraged more team work, because of how the game mode allowes you to flank around the map.
    You're talking rubbish, and making false assumptions, but that's ok. You can believe what you like, but it doesn't make it true :) I'm not gonna continue as it's innevitably just gonna result in a lot of mindless back-and-forth bickering as a result of differing opinions, and I've learned not to stoop down to that level. So, I bid you adieu sir.
  • ElliotLH
    8529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never 'got on' with Squad Conquest myself, mostly due to always seeming to be on the outnumbered team because of people quitting, but I wouldn't want it to be removed as I do know that others enjoy it. However I firmly agree that they should bring back Domination (and Frontlines) for those who enjoy that mode too. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    get rid of both, bring back frontlines