Heavy Bomber

pwnedPewPew
331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 29
is still a shame in this game..nothing more to say..

Comments

• Forkbeard84
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are very easy to shoot down.
  • MarxistDictator
    4846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least it got nerfed to be a lot more manageable (too bad the mortar artillery was never changed).
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Coming from a pilot: The thing has meme-tastic kill potential (It is not uncommon for me to get 7+ kills in a single run), however if there is another pilot in the sky who is at least half way competent you will not get more than one pass off before you have to bail.  AA guns do a lot of damage to it and you cannot maneuver out of its line of fire you have to eat it.

No front 20mm to help you kill the AA's, and on the rear its not as good as the other mg's when attacking planes. Its very strong when you have a support hiding in it with a tool but a rocket fighter will down it anyways with the rockets.

AT-AP is still the king of the skies.
  • MarxistDictator
    4846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you line them up from outside their range and adjust for the huge drop you can use the downward angeled autocannons of the pilot to fight AAs.
  • Titan_Awaken
    622 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If coffins could fly, they'd take on the form of the Ilya Muromets. 

Even a novice pilot could score some considerable damage on the bomber due to their enormous hitboxes and slow speeds.
  • Temp1st
    If you line them up from outside their range and adjust for the huge drop you can use the downward angeled autocannons of the pilot to fight AAs.
    That only works in certain situations, evasive maneuvers with fighters or AP works in every situation vs static AA.
    For instance if the AA is shooting from your sides or rear it wont work. AT-AP kills AA guns from further away anyways.
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Easy to destroy, so no problem.  LMGs work well, FFS.
  • research-kitchen
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I fly a lot, first off if  i'm by myself I don't bother going after bombers unless it's already damaged "takes way to many bullets to do it by yourself".  If you have a decent backseat gunner and not worried about the kills fly right under the bomber and let the gunner take him out.  Bomber cant hit you unless he drops bombs on you which has happened before.  One more important tip flying try not to let the backseat gun over heat unless you know your gonna die lots of long tap fires until you get it zeroed in on enemy plane.
  • MarxistDictator
    meh if you're half decent in planes you can take out the heavy bomber from far outside its gunner range since its so slow and massive. I like pegging them with tank cannon rounds from the AT attack from like 1/4th the flight boundary away.
  • Temp1st
    Easy to destroy, so no problem.  LMGs work well, FFS.
    Burton really screws up the plane with its flame rounds with no part repair special. (i like it when burton players shoot my ATAP for the free heal)
    1917 also does a lot of damage to it.

• StretchyBlackMan
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This discussion is great and all, but

Why did OP just post this, then bugger off? 

Like, what's the point?